Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2011, 05:10 PM

789 posts, read 1,531,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
LOL - yeah - my version is pretty B-flat...but it's still tasty IMO.

Is this better?

In N Out: Double-double, Animal Style, with Chili's | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/beachsteve/2865748633/ - broken link)
Ah, I see now. It looks very similar to Five Guy's in that picture. If they are anything like Five Guy's then they will have success, and I will go there on occasion. But, I agree with the person above, who talked about to much meat. I am no vegetarian, but I have cut way down on the meat (when I don't have my carnivorous cravings). I realized, not to long ago, that I can't keep shoving the good stuff. My body just doesn't feel good packing it all in anymore. So I won't be getting the double patties often. Maybe after some drinks?

Old 08-25-2011, 05:27 PM

2,945 posts, read 5,006,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
LOL - yeah - my version is pretty B-flat...but it's still tasty IMO.

Is this better?

In N Out: Double-double, Animal Style, with Chili's | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/beachsteve/2865748633/ - broken link)
omg my ice cream is rumbling right now looking at that picture.
The giant meat, globbered in cheese burgers are what they market as their "burger" that just looks like a trip to the bathroom and bring a couple of things to keep you busy.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:31 PM

1,164 posts, read 2,064,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpar View Post
That burger doesn't look any better than any burger I can get at any other mom and pop location. Heck I think I made one better than that on multiple locations. The burgers at Dot's feel my needs on occasion. I can't wait for it to get here, so I can see what it is about.
The Pappas Bros. are 'mom and pop'?

Old 08-25-2011, 05:48 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,990,126 times
Quote:
That burger doesn't look any better than any burger I can get at any other mom and pop location. Heck I think I made one better than that on multiple locations. The burgers at Dot's feel my needs on occasion. I can't wait for it to get here, so I can see what it is about.
Are those mom and pop places fast food? Why do people want to compare InO to local burger joints, when InO is a fast food place?

Old 08-25-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyev View Post
The Pappas Bros. are 'mom and pop'?
No, Papa's isn't mom and pop. I know Dot's is owned by the Pappa's brand. I mean other places with burgers. I just mentioned Dot's, because they have a pretty good burger there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Are those mom and pop places fast food? Why do people want to compare InO to local burger joints, when InO is a fast food place?
No, I don't eat at Burger King, McDonald, Jack in the Crack, etc. If that is what you mean. I can actually taste the chemical (or whatever it is) in those burgers now. It also did bad things to my stomach, and other things. I stopped eating all of that bad food, on a trip to Maryland, that I took in 2008. When I came back to Houston I was hungry, and needed something fast. I went to Burger King, it was bad. I went to Jack in the crack, and it was bad. So from that point, I have not eaten fast food burgers.

I don't think it is wrong to compare a big chain restaurant, or any chain for that matter, with a mom and pop stop. How would people know what they were missing?

Old 08-25-2011, 06:08 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,990,126 times
Quote:
No, I don't eat at Burger King, McDonald, Jack in the Crack, etc. If that is what you mean. I can actually taste the chemical (or whatever it is) in those burgers now. It also did bad things to my stomach, and other things. I stopped eating all of that bad food, on a trip to Maryland, that I took in 2008. When I came back to Houston I was hungry, and needed something fast. I went to Burger King, it was bad. I went to Jack in the crack, and it was bad. So from that point, I have not eaten fast food burgers.

I don't think it is wrong to compare a big chain restaurant, or any chain for that matter, with a mom and pop stop. How would people know what they were missing?
The point wasn't whether or not you eat fast food. Just that InO is a fast food place. Can't compare local mom and pop burger places, or sit-down burger joints to a fast food restaurant like InO, which is better compared to the other fast food places. And fast food is awesome. Look at the macros on a double quarter pounder from McDonalds. One of the best post-workout meals.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
The point wasn't whether or not you eat fast food. Just that InO is a fast food place. Can't compare local mom and pop burger places, or sit-down burger joints to a fast food restaurant like InO, which is better compared to the other fast food places. And fast food is awesome. Look at the macros on a double quarter pounder from McDonalds. One of the best post-workout meals.
Well I'm not going to argue with you on your point. It is your opinion. But, I can compare what I want to. And if that helps people make choices, then I'm more happy about it. But, I will say something on one of your points (in bold). I don't care how many macros (don't know what that is) are in a quarter pounder. If it is disgusting and low quality to me, then I am not going to eat it.

Last edited by Kenpar; 08-25-2011 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: missing word

Old 08-25-2011, 06:18 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,472,012 times
In N Out Burgers are just plain GROSS! Tried them twice since I moved out here and believe me they are GROSS! Texas knows how to make great burgers! In N Out is just a hype and for those of you who have never tried one...you won't be impressed at all.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:34 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,839,120 times
Quote:
No, Papa's isn't mom and pop. I know Dot's is owned by the Pappa's brand. I mean other places with burgers. I just mentioned Dot's, because they have a pretty good burger there.

McDonald's is the BOOM!

Old 08-25-2011, 06:53 PM

Yes, in your lower intestine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston