Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 05:57 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
I must agree that Houston has many many restaurants however I have yet to find one where the food is to die for! I have been to various other cities throughout the U.S. and would not put Houston in my Top 10. While I've had some decent food here; , I have yet to be impressed. No disrespect to "native Texans" but the BBQ isn't really that great - i've had better.
This was only statewide, not nationwide.

There is some really good and a lot of really bad when it comes to Texas BBQ. There are a lot of places I know of that if I, if I wasn't from here, would go to one such establishment and coming out thinking that Texas BBQ sucks based on what I had just been served. Hope it wasn't a case of a single bad exposure to it, or maybe it's just not for you and people are foolish to get offended over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 06:09 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,580,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
This was only statewide, not nationwide.

There is some really good and a lot of really bad when it comes to Texas BBQ. There are a lot of places I know of that if I, if I wasn't from here, would go to one such establishment and coming out thinking that Texas BBQ sucks based on what I had just been served. Hope it wasn't a case of a single bad exposure to it, or maybe it's just not for you and people are foolish to get offended over it.
No not a single bad exposure I'm sure there may be some good BBQ around, just haven't found it yet unfortunately. I love BBQ and have quite an arm for making some GREAT sauce, just haven't found any that tastes better than Grandma's.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:19 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
One of my personal favorites isn't even in Houston - Joe's in Alvin on Highway 6. Stop by there if you haven't.

I do agree - most of the best sauces I've tasted have not been at a restaurant but just common people. And they will never tell you how to make it.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:27 PM

168 posts, read 772,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
I love BBQ and have quite an arm for making some GREAT sauce, just haven't found any that tastes better than Grandma's.
Then bottle it and pass it around. We all love it and always appreciate a really good one.

Last edited by mjewell; 07-26-2007 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: taking out extra content

Old 07-26-2007, 04:40 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,414,444 times
Luther's BBQ is so damn good.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:25 PM

756 posts, read 1,882,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Houston is fine if you like tamales out of a cart, an icehouse plastic wrapped sandwich, shady taquerias, eggrolls at a service station, IHOPs, Denny's and other cheesy chains. About the only thing good to come out of Houston is the Pappas restaurants and George was from Dallas.

I will give Houston credit for Goode Company BBQ. Oh and Ninfa's used to be fine, but the last time I went to one I couldn't even eat the green sauce which used to be so good.
yawn, it sounds like you just described the lethargic, food scene (or lack thereof) in dallas, TX. Remember, the most distinct difference between Houston and dallas is that Houston does not need Fort Worth to be a big city. Smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston