Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 06:12 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,429,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonieB View Post
Hi, The schools in The Woodlands are excellent....especially compared to any school in Florida. Someone in one of the previous posts said the Katy ISD was better than the Woodlands...but I disagree. When doing my research, Katy always came in at the same level or a bit behind the Woodlands.
Redo that research then! Katy I.S.D. is the largest school district to be Recognized. Katy I.S.D. schools have better scores than Conroe I.S.D.

So many people move all over the Houston area to Katy just because of the school district is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 07:22 PM

4 posts, read 17,404 times
Default HG, Hallo HonnieB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonieB View Post
Hi again,

I know there are all different price ranges in The Woodlands. If you like, I can put you in touch with a very good realtor....the one we used. Either way, I think most all of the neighborhoods in the Woodlands are good....just about every elementary school is rated exemplary. You can even wind up with a larger house than you think you can get for your money....although it may be a bit older. But the older houses are just as lovely as the newer ones, with the exception that you may have to update some things. Let me know if I can email you with the realtor info.

Also, please check out the Woodlands Information Center....they have info on just about everything, including renting and recreational activities, etc.
Hi HonieB,

Reffering to you last comment, pls advise your very good realtor to us as I am planning to know how is property like in Woodland area. I appreciate if you could send the name to my private email. Looking forward to hearing from you the soonest possible. Rgds, Hendra

Old 01-23-2008, 08:16 AM

5 posts, read 13,773 times
Default How are you adjusting to The Woodlands

I am very interested in finding out how your move to the Woodlands went? Hubby and I are from Long Island and are considering either the Woodlands or Sugarland Texas as our next move. Would have loved to move to Florida but the cost of living and home prices have really shot up. I am really worried about schools because I have two kids, one who would be entering the 5th grade and another entering high school when we move.

Also healthcare, family and friends try to talk us out of moving saying everyone comes to New York for healthcare but Long Island's cost of living is robbery. I look at the way other people are living in other areas of the country and I can't understand how Long Island gets away with thier ridiculous prices. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:34 AM

5 posts, read 13,378 times
Default Beaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarti View Post
Hi! It is a small world -My husband and I will also be moving to the Woodlands in May from Ft. Lauderdale! (my sister lives in Weston). We will be visiting the Woodlands looking at new homes in Sterling Ridge January 4th. This will be our 4th or 5th trip and we love it more and more each time we visit and are looking forward to our move. We discovered the Woodlands online and visited to see if it really was as wonderful as it seemed... and we think it is! Also, the people we've met there are so nice and friendly. Currently we are renting in downtown Ft. Lauderdale off of Las Olas but it is just too expensive these days to purchase anything here so we decided to look out of the state and we want to be near or in a big city with warm weather and not too far from a beach. Our children are older (one in college and one graduated out on his own) so we do not have to worry about the schools or the commute to downtown Houston as my husband works from home. Actually, the Woodlands offers so many choices that we are having a hard time deciding which part we prefer and whether to buy a resale or new.

The woodlands is a great area I'll never deny that, I live in neighboring Tomball and commute to the woodlands on a weekly basis.

One thing I thought should be clarified for anyone moving to Houston- is that the Beach is in Houston is gravely different from anything you'd experience on the West or East coast. Many have referred to the gulf of Mexico as a giant toilet bowl.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,604 times
We recently moved to The Woodlands from S Florida (originally from Long Island) we should do some sort of club for us Floridians or even NY 'ers.....!!

Old 12-17-2008, 10:17 AM

130 posts, read 456,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
Redo that research then! Katy I.S.D. is the largest school district to be Recognized. Katy I.S.D. schools have better scores than Conroe I.S.D.

So many people move all over the Houston area to Katy just because of the school district is.
The state is about to change its scoring system. CISD is an outstanding district and will place extremely high in the new system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston