Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 07:04 AM

5 posts, read 11,540 times

Advertisements

Hello, we are looking into moving to Humble from Spring, Tx... Main reason is the schools, we have a 9yr, 5yr old and expecting a baby in Dec.

We have been considering the new subdivisions in Lake Houston Pkwy but with the new baby we are concerned with the Train and Plane noise in the Subdivisions Bridges, The Groves and Waters Edge... If you live in the area please give us your opinion on that, as well as pros and cons to the subdivisions...

Since we would be new to the area we have no clue on anything, we are looking for our forever home and want to make the best decision for our family, but with so many options it's getting very overwhelming.
THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 07:11 AM

1,062 posts, read 981,191 times
Have you ever lived in the vicinity of a train track or an airport flight path? The noise isn't enough to wake up a baby indoors

Old 03-20-2017, 07:33 AM

Yes, but a long time ago when I was a kid myself and don't quite remember... but yeah I would imagine is not so disturbing if the horn does not blow... Last night we ate at a restaurant near by and the train passed by blowing its horn, startled us and made us wonder about all that noise... Thank you for your Feedback!!!!

Old 03-21-2017, 03:13 PM

17 posts, read 29,758 times
We built in Waters Edge in 2014, and can't even hear the train inside our home. We can occasionally hear an airplane if there is dead silence in the house, but even that is a rare occasion. With that being said, I still wouldn't build on a lot that backs up to the train tracks. There have been pretty frequent turnover with all the houses that back up to the tracks(unsurprisingly). Waters Edge has two playgrounds - one for younger and one for older kids, so it's great that they can start out small and work their way to a bigger playground in the same neighborhood. We have two fishing piers, a canoe launch, good walking trails, and a man-made lake stocked with fish. Plus there are plenty of ducks for my nephews/niece to feed(which they love), and I'm sure my 6 month old baby will, too! Needless to say, we intend on being here for a long time.

As far as the communities go, I don't think you can really go wrong with the Groves or Waters Edge. DR Horton doesn't really tickle my fancy, and Emerald homes generally seem overpriced(plus the Bridges has the highest tax rate of the three at 3.84%)

Which builders have you looked at?

Old 03-24-2017, 08:55 AM

672 posts, read 847,660 times
I don't think that you can go wrong there. I lived in Atascocita between 2012 and 2015, in Timber Forest, and rarely, if ever, noticed the planes. I can't say much about the trains since I didn't live near any. Those are great communities and if it weren't for the fact that the traffic out there sucked, we would have built a house in The Groves or The Bridges.

Old 03-24-2017, 09:41 PM

Thank you so much for your feedback! @toolfan91 we are in between Westin, Taylor Morisson, Emerald/DR Horton.& I know what you mean by not being too impressed with DR Horton... they do seem a bit overpriced compared to the others.

Old 03-24-2017, 09:47 PM

@prey521 ..... Thank you for your comment.... would you say the traffic is still bad in that area? My job will remain in spring and would have to be going to Bletway 8 daily... oh but before that, I would be dropping off kids at a daycare in Atascocita Rd....

Old 03-24-2017, 09:55 PM

Sorry @prey521, just read your comment again and saw that you no longer live in the area

Old 03-25-2017, 12:05 AM

1,091 posts, read 1,076,254 times
May I humbly suggest that you don't live in the Train Horn Toot Estates or Final Approachland subdivisions? ;-)

But, hoping you find a place you like! :-)

Old 03-25-2017, 12:11 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,140,569 times
Sent you a PM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston