Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 08:01 PM

144 posts, read 235,895 times

Advertisements

I'm torn between buying a home.

I'm looking for your thoughts in these two communities.

Crime, location, schools, etc...

I'm sincerely looking forward to your opinions!

Waters Edge vs. Bridges on Lake Houston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 09:24 PM

I'm really looking forward to your thoughts on either or both of these communities.

Thanks!

Old 06-28-2015, 11:15 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,137,772 times
Bridges is a brand new community that just started building, so construction will be going on for longer than Water's Edge. I think both communities are pretty nice. Have you been through both? Which one felt more like home to you? With Bridges (at least as of right now), you can only get DR Horton homes, and with Waters Edge, you have more choices of builders. Which one has the floor plans you like the most? I know Bridges has a pretty high tax rate (3.7%) and I'm not sure what Water Edge is. The schools will have to be trained here in the next couple of years, so don't bet on a community based on which schools they go tonight now. But currently I believe they go to the same schools.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:07 PM

Excellent info and advice!

Yes I drove thru both communities and they are both nice.

What scares me about the Bridges is there is only one way in and one way out.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:57 AM

Ha, that was supposed to say the schools will be rezoned in the next couple of years. Probably once the schools in The Groves are completed.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:42 AM

17 posts, read 29,722 times
We looked at the DR Horton floor plans early in 2014, and didn't like any of them. Ended up building in Waters Edge, and absolutely love the neighborhood. The tax rate is still high at 3.66%, though.

The one and only downside - west lake houston traffic. The traffic is currently pretty bad, and I can't imagine what it will be like with all the additional neighborhoods going in. PedroMartinez(user on here) had some good info about Timber Forest opening up through the Groves to Eagle Springs, but who knows when that'll actually be done.

All in all, we love the area, and don't think you could go wrong with either MPC. Even with the traffic, my wife and I are probably going to end up building in the Groves within the next few years. Like lhafer said, find the floorplan you love the most and go for it! Let me know if you have any more specific questions.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:58 AM

672 posts, read 847,029 times
The Groves and Waters Edge are beautiful communities, but the traffic there is a huge turn off. We checked it out when we were looking for a place to build, and ended up going to the new Tavola MPC in New Caney, on Roman Forest Blvd.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:27 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreCore View Post
Excellent info and advice!

Yes I drove thru both communities and they are both nice.

What scares me about the Bridges is there is only one way in and one way out.
I'd also be a little concerned about train noise in Bridges.

Old 06-30-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'd also be a little concerned about train noise in Bridges.
I've been in a the Groves a few times when a train came through. Unless you back up to the track, it's not awful. It's a quiet, no horn area...so it would literally just be the noise from the cars on the track. I can deal with a few minutes of train noise a few times a day. The plane noise is starting to bug me though....jets overhead every 5 minutes 24/7, until the change the flight path. Then there's reprive for a couple of months.

Old 06-30-2015, 01:21 PM

672 posts, read 847,029 times
I live on Timber Forest and the plane noise never really bothered us, even given how frequent it was. Must be all the wax in my ears that muffles the sound LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston