Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 08:58 PM

2,549 posts, read 4,057,501 times

Advertisements

So, to whomever sent me a private message calling me an overweight man-hater, I guess because I pointed out that racism still exists in the US, all I can say is, huh? Oh, and this is an anonymous board, so you can actually post your stupid insults right here! Nobody will know it's you! Troll away. Don't hide your clever repartee in a private message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 09:18 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,640,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
You don't have to be PC to understand that people don't like feeling like the odd man out because they live in a community that has no representation of their race. I'm confused why you can't comprehend that some people actually like to live somewhere with many races so that they feel like everyone is welcome. If you prefer to live in a community with just one race there is nothing wrong with that but you don't have to get upset when someone seeks out a community with many races. You don't have to be PC to understand that.
Nope, it's PC garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post
So, to whomever sent me a private message calling me an overweight man-hater, I guess because I pointed out that racism still exists in the US, all I can say is, huh? Oh, and this is an anonymous board, so you can actually post your stupid insults right here! Nobody will know it's you! Troll away. Don't hide your clever repartee in a private message.
It wasn't me. As a matter of fact, just two days ago, I reported a message to the mods written by user New Horizons. I then sent that user a PM saying that I reported him/her and why. I've also criticized many people on here via PM when I felt it was something that shouldn't be added to a thread. If I'm going to say something to you outside the thread, it will be by PM. I get plenty of those anonymous messages, but I don't send them. You should contact the mods because that is fraudulently using the system, and they can see who did it.

Old 08-31-2016, 12:00 PM

18,132 posts, read 25,311,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, if a KKK member said he wanted to live in a majority white area, you'd say that would be no different than a person looking for an area that was mostly 5+ acre lots?
I could search the posts where I HAVE SAID that I would help them find that place for them
Why?
They will be happy and I will be happy far away from them

Everybody is happy

Old 08-31-2016, 01:41 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,640,021 times
Diversity for the sake of diversity has been moved here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-being-pc.html

Old 08-31-2016, 03:29 PM

16 posts, read 21,525 times
Quote:
Why the need for a diverse neighborhood?

I'm always a bit confused when I see this.

Is that you want to tell other people that you live in a neighborhood with ___________ people, so you don't feel racist?

Is it that you only walk to restaurants and feel the more diverse the neighborhood the more types of restaurants will be in walking range?

Is it that you only socialize strictly with neighbors and have a quota of the different ethnicities you want to befriend?
Thanks for ****ting all over this thread. For someone who is reporting users you seem to not know the forum rules yourself. Go back and read the question. Not interested in how you feel about diversity.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:33 PM

16 posts, read 21,525 times
Quote:
People are people.
Your simplistic views and lack of inteligence is showing here. Yes people will be people including yourself. People were people in nazi germany. People were people in vietnam. People are people in syria, iraq. So yes people are people! Good input.

Old 08-31-2016, 10:47 PM

18,132 posts, read 25,311,830 times
I don't see anybody whining when somebody says that they moved to Texas because is a conservative state.
Seems dumb to me, but if that makes them happy, go right ahead.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:22 PM

132 posts, read 91,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfusion View Post
Thanks for ****ting all over this thread. For someone who is reporting users you seem to not know the forum rules yourself. Go back and read the question. Not interested in how you feel about diversity.

Your simplistic views and lack of inteligence is showing here. Yes people will be people including yourself. People were people in nazi germany. People were people in vietnam. People are people in syria, iraq. So yes people are people! Good input.
If there's anything I detest more, it's when some people result to insulting others just to prove their point. That in turn does not add anything positive to the discussion.

And by the way, yes, people are people. Maybe "too" simple for some vs. others.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:49 AM

447 posts, read 488,552 times
Wow, calm down OP. Where this came from? People are exchanging their ideas and thoughts here, we don't have to agree with each other, but we don't insult or attack each other.
And btw- I don't know why you referring to Nazi Germany in diversity post reaction. That's not necessary and off topic.

Relax OP and good luck with your move.:-)

Old 09-01-2016, 07:28 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,244,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfusion View Post
Dude... Pull out the butt plug already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: