Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 03:42 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,097,205 times

Advertisements

The upscale malls/lifestyle centers in Georgia are Phipps, Lenox, Perimeter, Mall of GA, North Point, and Augusta mall... The village at Riverwatch opening in Augusta in fall of 2011. Will have Costco and is suppose to have other things like REI, Starplex Cinemas, etc...

I know about the Streets at Southpoint in Durham and SouthPark mall in Charlotte.. I also know about Bal Harbour and Aventura Mall in Miami.. What other malls are there in North Carolina and Florida??

Post pictures of the malls if you can??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 04:36 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,840,482 times
Florida has the most Upscale malls. and the most upscale stores..

Old 01-12-2011, 04:52 PM

187 posts, read 541,517 times
Dolphin Mall, Lincoln road Mall, Midtown mall. All located just in Miami. There are hundreds more in the whole state of florida.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Florida has the most Upscale malls. and the most upscale stores..
What are the main one's beside Bal Harbour and Aventura in Miami, International Plaza in Tampa, and Millenia mall in Orlando...

I forgot to add Cumberland mall in metro Atlanta to my initial post...

Last edited by nortonguy; 01-12-2011 at 05:05 PM..

Old 01-12-2011, 04:58 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,113,729 times
Florida. Lenox is actually like many malls in Florida. I would consider it borderline between upscale and semi-upscale and I used to work there. Phipps is the only really upscale mall in GA. Augusta Mall is neither upscale or even semi-upscale. It is just an average mall. I would consider Perimeter semi-upscale.

Upscale in FL (similar array of shops as Phipps Plaza or super high sales per square foot signaling very cash rich shoppers and expensive shops)

-Shoppes at Bal Harbour in Miami (sales per square foot close to $2139, among the highest in the nation and higher than Phipps)
-Mall at Millennia in Orlando (sales per square foot of $1000)

Semi-Upscale in Florida (sales per square foot between $500 and $1000 with a slew of upscale stores and/or department stores, and upscale restaurants)

-Aventura Mall near Miami (The Forbes Group)
-The Gardens Mall in Palm Beach (The Forbes Group)
-International Plaza in Tampa
-St. Johns Town Center in Jacksonville (same developer, Ben Carter, as Streets of Buckhead)
-The Galleria at Sunrise in Ft. Lauderdale
-Florida Mall in Orlando
-Dadeland Mall in Miami
-Westshore Plaza in Tampa (debatable because I saw in one report $379/SF, but I saw higher in other reports and it has a Saks Fifth Ave among other stores)

This does not include upscale shopping areas like Worth Ave or 5th Ave in Naples or Lincoln Road in Miami Beach. There are tons of upscale shopping "areas" in all of the FL metros and SW FL. Also, Sawgrass Mills, even though it's 2 million square feet of outlets, probably exceeds $500/SF and it has all of the "nice" outlet stores that are not in many metros.

Last edited by jsimms3; 01-12-2011 at 05:06 PM..

Old 01-12-2011, 05:04 PM

35 posts, read 75,836 times
Bal Harbor Shops in So. Fla shuts any mall down.

No comparison when it comes to upscale malls.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:04 PM

I was trying to stick to the lifestyle centers/malls.. Because people from Atlanta could include Atlantic Station, etc...

Augusta mall has a 100k sq ft lifestyle center attached to a 1.1 million sq ft mall... It's hardly a average looking mall...

Old 01-12-2011, 05:06 PM

6,694 posts, read 9,942,142 times
I wish this had Texas malls too. I really want to participate! LOL

Old 01-12-2011, 05:16 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,463,557 times
what is a lifestyle center?

Old 01-12-2011, 05:16 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,113,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
I was trying to stick to the lifestyle centers/malls.. Because people from Atlanta could include Atlantic Station, etc...

Augusta mall has a 100k sq ft lifestyle center attached to a 1.1 million sq ft mall... It's hardly a average looking mall...
First of all open-air malls are the new mall (enclosed malls are not going to die, but they aren't being built right now). FL has great weather for open air malls. An open air mall that is one development and managed by Simon Property Group or any other large mall operator is a mall.

Now Augusta Mall is anchored by Dillard's (and not their upscale version which can be found in Tampa's International Plaza and St. Johns Town Center and is on the level of Nordstrom or Bloomie's), Sears, Macy's, JC Penney, and Dick's Sporting Goods. Banana Republic is probably the most upscale small shop in the mall. A semi-upscale mall needs some upscale stores like at least a Brooks Brothers, but probably a slew of stores like Tiffany's, Louis Vuitton, Cole Haan, Kate Spade, at least an Apple Store, Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, etc. Nice restaurants like Capital Grille or The Palm or Legal Seafoods, etc at the mall are also an indicator.

Augusta Mall, enclosed or open, is an average mall that nicely serves its smaller market. Augusta will not see the nicer stores until it reaches at least a million people (and right now it's about half that).

And Atlantic Station is average, not upscale or semi-upscale (though it has some "upscale" restaurants price wise, not really food wise). I live across from AS. I'm pretty familiar with it. Its clientele are not upscale either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City