Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 09:34 AM

7 posts, read 36,895 times

Advertisements

Hi, I will be moving to Houston (Spring) in two months and have been looking at Village builders. Has anyone had good or bad experience with this builder, customer service, quality of workmanship, etc?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2006, 04:15 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,444,076 times
I've always found their homes to be pretty nice.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:34 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times
Default New House Complaints Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsun View Post
Hi, I will be moving to Houston (Spring) in two months and have been looking at Village builders. Has anyone had good or bad experience with this builder, customer service, quality of workmanship, etc?

Thanks
Try this web site (Homeowners Against Deficient Dwellings) about housing defects. You can search their database for this home builder or other ones.

http://www.hadd.com/

Old 11-18-2006, 01:49 AM

4 posts, read 40,931 times
I own a Lennar home (Village builders). It was my first home purchase 7 years ago. It is not in Spring, but is in the Houston area. I have not had anything structurally wrong with my house. As a matter of fact, last week my master bathroom vanity cabinet broke a little bit (the fake drawer came off). I took it to a neighborhood nearby that is currently using Village builders for the neighborhood. They were not only very polite, but offered to fix it for me....and had it done while I waited (within 10 min). The only other things that have gone wrong in the 7 years is 1.) the garage door came off the track (my husband had to take the chain off and put it back on again), 2.) when putting up chair railing in my daughter's bedroom, the walls weren't drywalled perfectly (there was slight bowing in the middle of the wall), 3.) a tree in the landscaping died (it was within warranty and was replaced free) 4.) air conditioning coil went bad (due to design of coil...and our hard Houston summers). It was replaced this year.

On a whole, I would definitely recommend this builder.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:56 PM

21 posts, read 89,349 times
I just bought one of their former model homes that was built in 95. At 11 years post construction, there was very little wrong with the home that needed fixed at inspection. Little things here and there that are common with a decade of wear and tear but we have found the home to be well built.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 15,935 times
we are in our 4th home in The Woodlands and 3 have been build by VB. Their plans offer the best value for the price per Sq Ft. and excellent quality. Also, their service and follow up on warranty items has been outstanding. Highly recommend VB homes.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:56 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,730,475 times
Lennar is a very middle of the road builder, nothing fancy but nothing bad either. If you like one of their houses go for it.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:19 AM

115 posts, read 396,496 times
I have a VB house purchased in 97. Design is nice but quality is questionable. You can have a nice builder with bad contractors, the ones who actually do the work. Whoever worked on my house did not do a good job...misaligned garage doors, low quality floor trimming, peeling paint, and so on. Whoever tiled the floor did an excellent job, however.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:04 AM

1 posts, read 13,374 times
I love their epoxy Garage Floors. Makes the house feel like we have another whole room.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:47 AM

538 posts, read 1,361,545 times
Village Builders is to Lennar, what Coventry is to Plantation (MHI). You'll be able to tweak the interior a bit more, and the home will have higher-end finishes, both included, and available for upgrade. Lennar is the parent company, but it's not going to look like a Lennar home, unless someone has really blinged out their Lennar.

My husband is an inspector, and he lists Village as one of his top-ten production-built homes in the area.

Remember though - your home is only going to be built as well, as the builder overseeing it, makes sure of, during the process. We were lucky enough to have one of Ryland's best builders in our development. My husband has inspected the same homes, in both Gleannloch and Timmaron, and found gobs of issues. My advice would be to speak to some people who've lived in their home for awhile, to see how happy they are with both the home's quality, and the warranty service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston