Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 06:01 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,547,023 times

Advertisements

I haven't met anyone from Cali that has moved around the Loop. Prices are just as nuts here as there were there. They want those McMansions in the way out there for cheap anyway. Makes them feel they got away with something.
I met a lot of them in MOntgomery County though. What with that whole attitude of "I live in a 400k tract house and now I'm richer than everyone in Texas" attitude?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 09:51 AM

82 posts, read 293,153 times
I'm moving to Katy next month from Huntington Beach California and I can't wait. Moving to get my kids a home and better schools. Definitely can't get that here in Cali.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:57 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,221,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shermomof3 View Post
I'm moving to Katy next month from Huntington Beach California and I can't wait. Moving to get my kids a home and better schools. Definitely can't get that here in Cali.
My family used to live in HB. What schools did yours go to. Mine went to Harbour View. Boy do I miss being able to walk to the beach.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:31 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,716,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
I haven't met anyone from Cali that has moved around the Loop. Prices are just as nuts here as there were there. They want those McMansions in the way out there for cheap anyway. Makes them feel they got away with something.
I met a lot of them in MOntgomery County though. What with that whole attitude of "I live in a 400k tract house and now I'm richer than everyone in Texas" attitude?
Yes, I have met people like that here too. Or they are from the Woodlands and moved from California.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:37 AM

832 posts, read 3,858,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by therewego View Post
Yes, I have met people like that here too. Or they are from the Woodlands and moved from California.
Gawd. What nasty attitudes about Californian's. What did they ever do to you?

Old 01-17-2008, 11:03 AM

257 posts, read 988,451 times
Default Cali people

I wish they would stop moving here and bringing the attitude of everything free for illegals,Running companies out of state or country due to workers comp,pollution ,gender bias and all the other crap that is destroyng californinia now.Pleaase stay in your own cesspool and i will live with less growth in houston.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
My family used to live in HB. What schools did yours go to. Mine went to Harbour View. Boy do I miss being able to walk to the beach.

My one went to college view and spring view and now attends ocean view high. I will miss weather here and beaches, We are a mile away from it but My kids will have so much more there in Texas then here. I hate the schools here. Between my fiance and I we have 5 kids so we could never afford a house here. How long have you lived in Houston?

Old 01-17-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
My one went to college view and spring view and now attends ocean view high. I will miss weather here and beaches, We are a mile away from it but My kids will have so much more there in Texas then here. I hate the schools here. Between my fiance and I we have 5 kids so we could never afford a house here. How long have you lived in Houston?
It will be a year here at the end of January. We have been really happy with the move. Prior to moving here we lived North of San Diego. The schools where we lived were horrible. Now we are in the CCISD district and the schools here were so much farther ahead. We plan to rent the house we are in for a couple more years and hopefully get our middle son through middle school then look for our own home after that.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbucle View Post
I wish they would stop moving here and bringing the attitude of everything free for illegals,Running companies out of state or country due to workers comp,pollution ,gender bias and all the other crap that is destroyng californinia now.Pleaase stay in your own cesspool and i will live with less growth in houston.

I am a Californian and understand a little of what your saying. There are a lot of snobby people here in cali (one reason I don't like it here) who think they are better then you. I have always felt out of place here even though I have been here my whole life. I just hope that people don't have that attitude towards every Californian. Besides the cost of living in Texas I loved to here how nice Texans were and couldn't wait to have that friendly feel.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
I am a Californian and understand a little of what your saying. There are a lot of snobby people here in cali (one reason I don't like it here) who think they are better then you. I have always felt out of place here even though I have been here my whole life. I just hope that people don't have that attitude towards every Californian. Besides the cost of living in Texas I loved to here how nice Texans were and couldn't wait to have that friendly feel.
In my experience I haven't had any animosity towards me or my family. The neighbors here have been extremely kind towards us and welcomed us into their community. I hope you will find that same experience in Katy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston