Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 08:10 AM

1,473 posts, read 2,150,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
LMAO! Good lord, you people are a bunch of sheep.

Funny houston has done well while she was mayor, yet she gets no credit,but if Houston where like most of the other cities you would not break for a sec to hep blame.. talk about sheep

but please lay out a concise argument for your case Moderator cut: see note

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 07-20-2012 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: no personal comments/attacks permitted - attack the ideas but not the speaker of the ideas per TOS

Old 07-20-2012, 08:29 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
Funny houston has done well while she was mayor, yet she gets no credit,but if Houston where like most of the other cities you would not break for a sec to hep blame.. talk about sheep

but please lay out a concise argument for your case Moderator cut: see note
Moderator cut: see comment What has she done that's so great besides use city hall to push her gay agenda?

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 07-20-2012 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: personal comments/attacks not permitted - attack the ideas but do not attack the speaker of the ideas per TOS

Old 07-20-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Moderator cut: see comment What has she done that's so great besides use city hall to push her gay agenda?
Reduced Houston defict from 130 million to 80 million thu a number of revune increase and contract re- negotions with city workers ( see thats how it done washington cuts and new revune)

Introduced green programs

Houston is the only city to recoup jobs lost during the recession and add another 100,000 plus

How many top ranking was Houston in a again in the couple years alone ???

The hire Houston first intinative which aims to keep infrastructure projects money within Houston buy giving Houston based business the first crack at them(thats billions going back into Houston economy).

The expansion of Hobby

securing of funds for rail expansion even after metro head almost screwed it up

being true to the pay as we go model (which is why other rail lines will not be laid till the money for them is there)

what gay agenda has she pushed other than just being gay ?

Moderator cut: see comment

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 07-20-2012 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: personal comments/attacks not permitted - attack the ideas but do not attack the speaker of the ideas per TOS

Old 07-20-2012, 08:53 AM

1,668 posts, read 4,707,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSUBlime View Post
most people don't know what part of Texas Houston is in, let alone the fact that Houston elected a lesbian. You wouldn't believe how many times I've heard "But it's a dry heat, right?" or "It's not that close to the coast" when I tell people I'm moving back...
I've experienced the opposite. When I'm out of state most people are aware of Houston's proximity to the Gulf of Mexico. The national news reports stories like, "Hurricane IKE headed for Houston" and most people put 2 & 2 together.

The mayor did a great job representing Houston. I like her.

Too much time was given to the lesbian thing (it wasn't her fault) - there's no correlation in job preformance & bedroom activity. She handled it with class.

Moderator cut: Off-Topic

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 07-20-2012 at 12:12 PM..

Old 07-20-2012, 09:05 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
Reduced Houston defict from 130 million to 80 million thu a number of revune increase and contract re- negotions with city workers ( see thats how it done washington cuts and new revune)

Introduced green programs

Houston is the only city to recoup jobs lost during the recession and add another 100,000 plus

How many top ranking was Houston in a again in the couple years alone ???

what gay agenda has she pushed other than just being gay ?
Houston Mayor Parker joins national gay marriage drive | Texas on the Potomac | a Chron.com blog

Lol, that she "created jobs". Jobs are being created here because Texas is a pro business republican state, it has nothing to do with parker. If people of her ilk ran the state, they would run it into the ground like they've done California. "introduce green" programs, like I said sheep.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Houston Mayor Parker joins national gay marriage drive | Texas on the Potomac | a Chron.com blog

Lol, that she "created jobs". Jobs are being created here because Texas is a pro business republican state, it has nothing to do with parker. If people of her ilk ran the state, they would run it into the ground like they've done California. "introduce green" programs, like I said sheep.
Moderator cut: see comment you failed to address the Houston first intitavie she spear headed

The reduction in our debit (again do to getting more business to do business in Houston yes texas is business friendly but guess what you still have to convince a business to set up shop in your city as oppose to say austin or dallas..clown and getting city workers to agree to new contracts

yes green-Replacing 683 city vehicles with hybrids through the Mayor’s Hybrid Initiative, increasing Houston park life funds, pushing for a more walkable city(something that many in Houston actually want)

omg a gay person for gay rights unheard of Moderator cut: Off-Topic you still fail to make the case why she is bad for Houston.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 07-20-2012 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: personal comments/attacks not permitted - attack the ideas but do not attack the speaker of the ideas per TOS

Old 07-20-2012, 09:35 AM

644 posts, read 1,353,730 times
I like our mayor a lot. I think she did a great job in the interview. I wish she could have spent more time talking up Houston. :-)

The fact she is balancing Houston's budget and adopting a pay as you go policy is going to be so good for Houston. I think she is a well balanced mayor who makes me proud to be a houstonian. I bet it won't be long before Houston overtakes Chicago and we become the 3rd largest city in the U.S.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:37 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:

Jobs are being created here because we have oil.

What do you suppose would happen if we took all that oil and put it in California?

Texas would be empty.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:13 AM

103 posts, read 136,250 times
I like Mayor Parker. Even though I moved out of Houston I still have respect for her. I think this lesbian woman, not bull dyke yet not lipstick either thinger is going to be more common with politicians. You see it in other countries already. Think about it... a caring, nuturing, semi-mother type figure who can swing around some nuts to get results. But once again in a well-balanced sort of way. (This is also the future of the corporate world.) She definitely puts out the gay agenda but doesn't go militant like certain people and still has class delivering her views. It's also a good thing Houston is low-key to begin with, so she can lead somewhat of a private life. If she was the mayor of a more high-visibility/tabloid city, there's a very high probability the media would have a field day. But yeah, I'd vote for her if I could.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:14 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegankris View Post
I like our mayor a lot. I think she did a great job in the interview. I wish she could have spent more time talking up Houston. :-)

The fact she is balancing Houston's budget and adopting a pay as you go policy is going to be so good for Houston. I think she is a well balanced mayor who makes me proud to be a houstonian. I bet it won't be long before Houston overtakes Chicago and we become the 3rd largest city in the U.S.
She did well with the very little total time they gave her. I kept watching the clock and wondering if she was only going to have 3 minutes - she didn't get much more than that! She hit economic, diversity and culture. The Medical Center and the Houston Rodeo. She packed it in, yet still managed to make Houston seem friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston