Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 10:02 AM

121 posts, read 240,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoriahoney View Post
I'm loving the truth you are bringing to this thread. I don't know what people are smoking because that area is still rogue'ish.
Thank You!

When i read how they were describing the area and schools, i was like uhhh i know they arent talking about my Eastwood! lol I just didnt like that someone or some people might be looking to buy and be mislead with these "little" truths and not be given the entire truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 10:12 AM

363 posts, read 557,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHustla View Post
Thank You!

When i read how they were describing the area and schools, i was like uhhh i know they arent talking about my Eastwood! lol I just didnt like that someone or some people might be looking to buy and be mislead with these "little" truths and not be given the entire truth.

Exactly, that's like trying to hype up my grandmother's house further out in 77012 and it's still an eyesore.

My brother foolishly bought a house on Walker and Eastwood 5 years ago after so much hype about Eastwood. 2 years ago he finally had enough and saw absolutely NO HOPE of the neighbourhood change. Finally sold his house (broke even because he wanted out of there so badly) and moved to California.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Exactly, that's like trying to hype up my grandmother's house further out in 77012 and it's still an eyesore.

My brother foolishly bought a house on Walker and Eastwood 5 years ago after so much hype about Eastwood. 2 years ago he finally had enough and saw absolutely NO HOPE of the neighbourhood change. Finally sold his house (broke even because he wanted out of there so badly) and moved to California.
Walker @ Eastwood...yeah and thats in the nice "Eastwood" area too..but like ive been saying. the streets around it and the other people count too..theyre gonna see them and their kids are going to school with them.

It is getting better and is 1 million times better than what it used to be..but its a far cry from a nice and growing community..

Old 10-13-2011, 10:39 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,075,384 times
Personally I would say it is "growing" (more DINKS are interested) and "nice" in its own way, but it is definitely NOT suburban like Sugar Land, and it does have rough edges around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHustla View Post
Walker @ Eastwood...yeah and thats in the nice "Eastwood" area too..but like ive been saying. the streets around it and the other people count too..theyre gonna see them and their kids are going to school with them.

It is getting better and is 1 million times better than what it used to be..but its a far cry from a nice and growing community..

Old 10-13-2011, 11:00 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,992,719 times
Quote:
I'm loving the truth you are bringing to this thread. I don't know what people are smoking because that area is still rogue'ish.
That PR/spam stuff is fierce.

It's good to hype up where you live but don't cover what's is/will be staring you in the face when you hop in the car and drive for 2 minutes.

And for the love of all that is good and sane, people STOP posting in this thread. This thread needs to be on page 10+ like 5 days ago. I know I'm doing the same but enough is enough. It's been a week.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:50 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,834,981 times
Hopefully many of you that have had so much to say about Eastwood will be able to make the long drive in to take the tour this weekend. At least that way you'll be able to say you've at least seen it and can find it on a map before you tell everyone how it is over there.

Your weekly guide to Houston: Oil field art, Eastwood's historic homes, Bach mania & ZaZa fun - 2011-Oct-13 - CultureMap Houston

Old 10-13-2011, 07:37 PM

644 posts, read 1,353,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
That PR/spam stuff is fierce.

It's good to hype up where you live but don't cover what's is/will be staring you in the face when you hop in the car and drive for 2 minutes.

And for the love of all that is good and sane, people STOP posting in this thread. This thread needs to be on page 10+ like 5 days ago. I know I'm doing the same but enough is enough. It's been a week.
Oh, well we could let it die... but then TxHustla wouldn't get the attention he so desperately needs from being the "real Eastwood" expert growing up in a rough hood and being a bada**.

It isn't PR spam DejaBlue. It's me stating what I liked about the area schools because... hey this is a real estate forum and that's what it's for. Then, people who live in the suburbs and have no interest in ever living in the city jump all over me and attack my perceptions. If you live in the suburbs and have no interest in living in the city then just ignore the thread and go on about your lives.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:40 PM

644 posts, read 1,353,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modster View Post
Hopefully many of you that have had so much to say about Eastwood will be able to make the long drive in to take the tour this weekend. At least that way you'll be able to say you've at least seen it and can find it on a map before you tell everyone how it is over there.

Your weekly guide to Houston: Oil field art, Eastwood's historic homes, Bach mania & ZaZa fun - 2011-Oct-13 - CultureMap Houston

Hahahaha good one I still don't think they can find it on a map.... I mean, they really don't even understand how Houston works with it's no zoning and how Eastwood is no different from all the other inner city neighborhoods. You have beautiful homes right next to rough areas with high crime and low property values. It's the "charm" of Houston.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:19 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,992,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegankris View Post
Oh, well we could let it die... but then TxHustla wouldn't get the attention he so desperately needs from being the "real Eastwood" expert growing up in a rough hood and being a bada**.

It isn't PR spam DejaBlue. It's me stating what I liked about the area schools because... hey this is a real estate forum and that's what it's for. Then, people who live in the suburbs and have no interest in ever living in the city jump all over me and attack my perceptions. If you live in the suburbs and have no interest in living in the city then just ignore the thread and go on about your lives.
This is not a real estate forum. This is the Houston forum. You want to hype Eastwood real estate style? You go here:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/real-estate/

This is all about Houston, chit chat, what's happening in the city, etc. People ask about real estate and it gets answered and the conversation flows and moves. This is just real estate propaganda from someone that must be gunning for a spot on a Eastwood school board or something.

No one attacked you for your perceptions. People just chimed in offering a counter to what you advertised. School websites ALWAYS promote the good. They're not going to tell you about the bad. When you tour schools and stuff everyone is smiley and stuff to get you to come. They have to promote it somehow.

But you acted like you weren't trying to hear it. No one was trying to convince you to not go there but to just be aware that nothing is ever like what it seems and what the show/tell you on their websites and stuff.

Let's be real here vegankris. YOU are the one that started slinging the drama. I went back and read every post from your first one and it was just people responding to you and each other and offering their opinions. THEN you came back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegankris View Post
Wow.... what a response! And by the way, I'm not ignorant to drug problems in the schools. I mean really... are you so ignorant to think that just moving to the "safe" suburbs that suddenly the drugs disappear into thin air??? Hahahaha!!!!! Or wait, I'll be more generic.... do you really think moving into an area with much less economically disadvantaged students and more upper middle class "white" kids that once again someone waves their fairy wand full of pixy dust and all the drugs *poof* disappear??? LMAO! Well, you live in your pseudo-reality and I will go along with my eyes wide open to issues likes drugs.

Would you be so hard on these schools if they were say.... in the Woodlands? Economically disadvantaged does not = bad.
No one said any of this. The city's not perfect. The burbs aren't perfect. But you just had to bring up that stuff.

I doubt anyone would want their kids at a suburb "white" school with the richey rich kids who's daddy doctor can get them the legal stuff (codiene/ oxycodiene, etc) and sell it at school either. The race doesn't matter.

But down there it is what it is and what happens and people just mentioned it.

I mean, coming back with "are you so ignorant to think that living in the suburbs" was you starting something then being childish hahaha and talking about pixie dust.

You didn't come across like you were going in with your eyes open just acting like good school numbers will mean you won't hear gunshots sometimes. When crap is within a few blocks from you, your kids going to the 2400 SAT scores schools will hear it, etc.

It's great you like the schools but the area, maybe not the one you picked your house in but the one that's 5 minutes away on foot is most likely not so impressive schools yes. Safe? Not always more than others.
Just saying. You need to check it because that was all you starting something. Let's be real here. The facts are there starting on page 1.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
This is not a real estate forum. This is the Houston forum. You want to hype Eastwood real estate style? You go here:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/real-estate/

This is all about Houston, chit chat, what's happening in the city, etc. People ask about real estate and it gets answered and the conversation flows and moves. This is just real estate propaganda from someone that must be gunning for a spot on a Eastwood school board or something.

No one attacked you for your perceptions. People just chimed in offering a counter to what you advertised. School websites ALWAYS promote the good. They're not going to tell you about the bad. When you tour schools and stuff everyone is smiley and stuff to get you to come. They have to promote it somehow.

But you acted like you weren't trying to hear it. No one was trying to convince you to not go there but to just be aware that nothing is ever like what it seems and what the show/tell you on their websites and stuff.

Let's be real here vegankris. YOU are the one that started slinging the drama. I went back and read every post from your first one and it was just people responding to you and each other and offering their opinions. THEN you came back:

No one said any of this. The city's not perfect. The burbs aren't perfect. But you just had to bring up that stuff.

I doubt anyone would want their kids at a suburb "white" school with the richey rich kids who's daddy doctor can get them the legal stuff (codiene/ oxycodiene, etc) and sell it at school either. The race doesn't matter.

But down there it is what it is and what happens and people just mentioned it.

I mean, coming back with "are you so ignorant to think that living in the suburbs" was you starting something then being childish hahaha and talking about pixie dust.

You didn't come across like you were going in with your eyes open just acting like good school numbers will mean you won't hear gunshots sometimes. When crap is within a few blocks from you, your kids going to the 2400 SAT scores schools will hear it, etc.

It's great you like the schools but the area, maybe not the one you picked your house in but the one that's 5 minutes away on foot is most likely not so impressive schools yes. Safe? Not always more than others.
Just saying. You need to check it because that was all you starting something. Let's be real here. The facts are there starting on page 1.
i like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston