Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 10:01 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,800,084 times

Advertisements

I disagree.

Here is the OP with few posts being rude toward someone who is very established, with a lot of credibility and great track record of helping people.

She didn't get piled on, she got what she deserved. She can very easily apologize and move one so she can get the help she needs.

Else, get the help somewhere else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N. Olikee View Post
No NO NO NO NO..........she got dissed, and you guys piled on PERIOD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 10:05 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,132,772 times
Quote:
No NO NO NO NO..........she got dissed, and you guys piled on PERIOD
Did you forget this:

Quote:
I don't quite understand what you're telling me. Of course we would rent a short term apartment until we found a house.
Is that respectful?

How about this?

Quote:
As for Cheryjohns, I just have no respect for people trolling threads just to gather business.
Cheryl does not troll c-d for business.

And then there's the sarcastic
Quote:
That really must have been the best advice I've ever seen from someone that "contributes" so much to these threads. Wow, I really did not know to look for a short term apartment lease and then look around at the neighborhoods while I leased. The best advice ever!
By that point, Cheryl had only responded one more time to the OP's accusation that she was trolling and I might add, Cheryl spelled out her position in a civil manner.

And of course there's the post where the OP says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgecopper
No budget...no job location?? Did you even read my post?? Get out of here if your not going to offer anything constructive. Apparently you just like trolling on here for potential clients. Give me a break.
You can keep up your rah-rah'ing for the OP but she was nasty and condescending towards Cheryl and other posters who were surprised by the OP's vitriol.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:08 PM

970 posts, read 1,875,857 times
Did I miss the price and work location the first time around? Maybe - my eyes glaze over at some point.

HUH?! Your response was is / was gratuitous.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:58 PM

109 posts, read 368,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Vital info was added later

Still - the whole thing about "offering my services". I maintain a site that the apartment locators use - for the convenience of my clients. Several past clients have children that need the info (read: thank God they are leaving the nest). I have probably given out a list 30 times or more from city-data people. Have they used it? I assume so. I don't make any money from it and don't keep up with what they are doing. Obviously a vey bad business plan from a "trolling" realtor.

I have also done CMAs for peoplet iher fighting their taxes. It takes precious little time from me and might help them - again at no cost.

Not everything is about money - sometimes you help because you simply can.

However, I am suspicious about people who are suspicious - I think that is projection.
This is the last I'm going to say on this subject. How can you say "vital info was added later??? The posting would show if it was edited. You can only edit your post no later than 15 minutes after original posting. Ask the moderator if you don't believe that. But someone with so many wonderful "contributions" on this thread should now that. I posted at 5:07 a.m. You posted at 7:42 a.m. and PM'd me shorter later. Putting your glasses on is the least of your problems apparently. What a good realtor you make paying attention to detail the way you do Moderator, PLEASE close this thread. It's become another tiresome rant.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Have you considered that OP did not have that information in her original post to begin with? She might have edited that in and Cheryl didn't see it. Just sayin'.
As I just replied in my previous post, the post would show when it was last edited. After 15 minutes, it will not even let you edit it. See the time stamps on each post. Have you ever considered Cheryl doesn't pay attention to detail...Just Sayin!

Old 09-04-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Repeat....and this time, I'm taking off the splint on my finger which is broken......."Cheryl" was not very "civil" and should have (re)read whatever she was quoting...HELLO!

I think you guys marginalized someone who is "excited" to move there, and didn't give her the answers she was seeking. No need to have a "pack" mentality and drag down someone......ever.
Thanks N. Oilkee. I appreciate it but don't even waste your time. "Some people you just can't teach."

Old 09-04-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Hmmm.... I have to admit, I see so many queries that pretty much say "I work downtown - where should I live?" that I pretty much don't get involved at that point. Why? Because there are 187,654,874,970 of them. Boredom finally sets in. I would rather go comment in the In&Out Burger thing.

Here is the real crux - I offered to send her a list of short-term lease apartments (hard to get, BTW) - she immediately jumped all over me like I was trying to sell her a magic potion (did I mention I make no money on this? Thought I should mention again).

I could say really crass things about attorneys - but here is the thing: I know really nice attorneys. That would make me just as bad - so NO.

Did I miss the price and work location the first time around? Maybe - my eyes glaze over at some point. Or maybe I did't. Did I deserve the vitriol?? Hell, no.

Thanks for the support, you guys. I really do appreciate. Call me anytime for tax help or an apartment list - as long as you don't forward to the OP.
Are you kidding....taxes...I wouldn't want your eyes to "glaze over."

Now you made me break my promise to not continue on w/this useless conversation.

Look at the edit time stamp...hence my point.

Last edited by Fudgecopper; 09-04-2011 at 10:19 PM..

Old 09-04-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
I think is the other way around.... The OP could've been more humble and appreciate all the FREE help? And some time the answers someone seeks are not coming right up, so your really need some patience?
What amazing advice did she give me? To rent short term when I already said that was what I was going to do? Tell you what...you take the advice of someone who can't even read a post before her eyes "glaze over."

Honestly, why would she even bother responding?

Old 09-04-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
and there you have what?

I did not say I missed it - I am saying it is possible - still doesn't give the OP an excuse to be hateful.
I have to say you have a point here. I didn't have to add the smack icon. However, if i take the time to post a thread then before responding, I would of appreciated for you to have actually read the posting. Additionally, don't act like I responded back to you hatefully in your PM. All i said was "why would I need a list of apartments." Let it go. It's not that serious.

Someone please close this thread!

Old 09-04-2011, 10:27 PM

To everyone else, sorry for the multiple postings. I haven't quite mastered the multi quote thing. I apologize for doing the smack icon because that is what got this topic out of control. However, to expect me to not respond back...that is not me... especially when that person was not being civil towards me or couldn't even be bothered to read my post. I'm not going to hid in the corner and not stand up for myself. I do apologize because this thread made the worst of me come out. So if everyone else is tired w/this subject then just let it be. Let's end this discussion and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston