Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 11:43 AM

304 posts, read 186,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I remember it,

and all this technical plumbing talk makes me wonder, is this a robot speaking all these plumbing names and types???

this whole thing can't be real?????

no one I ever knew in my life spoke of faucets in this manner or had such a fixation over it

something is so not right here, cant anyone else but us two see this??????????
No. Everyone else does too. People poke fun at it, but there’s some folks’ brain wiring that just works this way and over-analyzes everything to borderline ridiculous levels.

My business partner gets like that with paint types and some of our commercial finishes. I finally kicked him out of the building and just painted it myself and ordered the prep tables that fit our proforma. When it was completed he came in and was like “this looks great, I just couldn’t make a decision”. And it’s weird - that’s the only thing he gets lost on.

This case may be a bit more extreme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Now you're talking!

https://savethepinkbathrooms.com/

I would hire myself out for free demo days on those bathrooms. Good grief my eyes.

Old 02-07-2022, 02:41 PM

2,456 posts, read 3,223,232 times
Quote:
I remember it,

and all this technical plumbing talk makes me wonder, is this a robot speaking all these plumbing names and types???

no one I ever knew in my life spoke of faucets in this manner or had such a fixation over it

It was on eBay the other day.

Old 02-07-2022, 04:17 PM

10,620 posts, read 12,155,365 times
So you're going to sell a faucet from one manufacturer with a certain finish.....with a deck plate from another brand and a different finish?

I suppose if you're honest about what you're selling -- AND show photos of the different finishes -- it would be up to the buyer to decide if that's acceptable to them.

But I have to admit, I agree with others who can't believe you're spending this much time on this. It boggles the mind....at least my mind.

Good heavens, your time isn't worth more than what you'd sell it for?

Old 02-07-2022, 04:31 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,362,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
So you're going to sell a faucet from one manufacturer with a certain finish.....with a deck plate from another brand and a different finish?

I suppose if you're honest about what you're selling -- AND show photos of the different finishes -- it would be up to the buyer to decide if that's acceptable to them.

But I have to admit, I agree with others who can't believe you're spending this much time on this. It boggles the mind....at least my mind.

Good heavens, your time isn't worth more than what you'd sell it for?
Many sellers who sell used don't even include a deck plate, since they only have 1-hole sinks. The Delta Leland was installed by our builder, and our sink is an undermount with one hole for the faucet and one accessory hole (currently occupied by a soap dispenser). They likely either sold or trashed the original deck plate.

My other option is to sell the faucet and deck plate separately.

Old 02-07-2022, 05:38 PM

10,112 posts, read 6,461,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Many sellers who sell used don't even include a deck plate, since they only have 1-hole sinks. The Delta Leland was installed by our builder, and our sink is an undermount with one hole for the faucet and one accessory hole (currently occupied by a soap dispenser). They likely either sold or trashed the original deck plate.

No, your other option(s) are to either chuck them in the trash or donate them to Habitat for Humanity or Restore, where people can use them. You can't seriously need the money that badly.

Old 02-07-2022, 05:38 PM

37,653 posts, read 46,084,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
No, your other option(s) are to either chuck them in the trash or donate them to Habitat for Humanity or Restore, where people can use them. You can't seriously need the money that badly.
That. Please take it to a Restore. My gosh.

Old 02-07-2022, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post

Your other option is to place it in the basket at your nearest Home Depot and absolutely forget about it when you walk away from said basket.

The sheer quantity of time you’ve spent on this does not balance to the return you’ll get from eBay after shipping and everything.

Old 02-08-2022, 09:28 AM

37,653 posts, read 46,084,092 times
Quote:
I remember it,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
Oh yeah, everyone sees it; he's moved from an obsession with pink polo shirts to faucets.
I have to assume extreme OCD. Pretty wild.

Old 02-08-2022, 10:16 AM

7,327 posts, read 12,362,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I have to assume extreme OCD. Pretty wild.
Well, we have our U by Moen and I would like to get some value out of our old faucet. Donating it won't get us even close to the dollar value of selling it. Most donations don't actually get sold anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House