Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 01:37 AM

15,642 posts, read 26,278,485 times

Advertisements

We put ours in about three years ago, and one spot we have a large container that we slid back and forth for about a year, until the pantry cabinet was put in.

The color wore off exposing the white underneath.

Meh -- the floor was dirt cheap and I put it in myself. Next time, I'll spend real money and have it done right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 05:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,032 times
Worst floor EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It scratches and scuffs really bad....we built a new house and I thought it would be great especially in the bathrooms. We have an open floor plan and I could cry every morning I wake to scratches and scuffs on my floors. Home Depot is refunding a small portion to replace the whole floor. VERY BAD PRODUCT!!!!! Shame on you Allure for continuing to make this flooring!!! I make it a point when I go to Home Depot to look down the Allure aisle and I deter people from buying this floor. FYI.... We don't have dogs or cats, just me and my husband.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:35 AM

2,983 posts, read 3,096,664 times
I put some in a bedroom I rent out a couple years back. Has a roll around cabinet on it and a bed and is in constant use. Still looks like new:

I put in the more expensive Allure version, Coventry Oak, in our kitchen. Looks fine and is holding up to heavy traffic.

Interestingly enough, like the other threads on this, the big negative reviews come from people with 1-2 posts, while those of us with a lot of posts tend to be more pragmatic or even positive...

Old 04-04-2016, 11:04 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,914,176 times
I'm surprised to hear of all the complaints on Alure vinyl flooring. I'm currently shopping for vinyl flooring, and while I probably won't end up purchasing Alure from HD, all of my research shows nothing but rave reviews for Alure.
Perhaps the poor reviews is on the bottom of the line flooring, or maybe they have made great strides since the OP?
Then again, maybe the bad reviews are on HD laminate flooring, which in no way compares to vinyl. Many people confuse the two types, laminate sucks and vinyl rules..! .... Just a thought...

Old 08-12-2018, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 682 times
Default False Advertising

I purchased 400 square feet of Allure Trafficmaster laminate flooring in 2013. In 2018 my floor is warping and lifting up. My warranty is for 25 years. Now I can't get in touch with anyone to satisfy my complaint. I am out of 1500 dollars and need my floor replaced. If anyone gets any satisfaction please reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House