Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 07:30 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,804,954 times

Advertisements

Be careful with Grays especially if you are putting a blue with it. Some blues against grays make the gray look blue. When I was younger I wanted grays walls with Blue curtains, the blue curtains make the walls look blue and I hated it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 04:05 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,906,669 times
We used orange with a darker orange cieling despite the tradition that says it will make the room seem small and cavellike. It does not at least not in our dining room. We have a big DR with lots of windows. No one would ever think Orange as a good color, I winced when the painter suggested it, but it works. You can use any color you like as long as you stay reasonable.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:00 AM

24 posts, read 228,913 times
Love the pic

Old 05-20-2009, 08:37 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,067,132 times
Lovely room - Coldjensens when I said that small rooms with little natural light painted in dark colors can be small and cavelike, I certainly was not talking about large, well-lit rooms like yours - I said small and with little natural light - which your room is not. I would not consider your room to be painted in dark colors but the picture may be deceiving as to how dark it is. It looks coral/pink on my monitor yet the oranges on the table look orange.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:27 PM

I found some other colors they are with Valspar . I like the Berry Brandy and Ancestral Hase for the trim . I would like to know if you guys think the Berry Brandy is to dark, anther color i found was Sliver Lining maybe with with trim or Cement trim? what do you guys think

Old 05-21-2009, 06:23 AM

Donna, I may have missed this, but what colors are you using for your area rug, drapes, accent color, upholstery, etc.? All those things hould be taken into consideration before choosing a paint color. Also your rooms look dark - not a lot of natural light - will you make up for that with artificial lighting (lamps, recessed lighting, etc.?)

Old 05-21-2009, 02:35 PM

CAttnap I am so confuse lololo I did not think about the rugs and stuff.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:22 PM

Donna - I understand completely - redoing a room can be overwhelming. Take it one step at a time. Decide what your color palette will be before you do anything. The dining set you posted is transitional - a cross between modern and tranditional. If it were me, I would choose a rug first remembering that the rug should be large enough so that you can pull the chairs out and they are still on the rug. I think that wood/bamboo roll-up shades with solid colored silk panels would fit the style of your table. Once you have your dining set and rug then proceed one purchase at a time - determine the color of your walls based on your rug. What other pieces of furniture do you have room for? A small sideboard? How about a chandelier? Art? Mirror? Sconces?

Old 05-23-2009, 11:02 AM

I do not have anything my house is plain . So i have a lot of work to do. I do not have any rugs or painting

Old 06-03-2009, 03:09 AM

128 posts, read 1,071,253 times
Hey! i love brown as well. What you can do is try working around tones and shades of brown with either fawn or beige colors. try light and dark color contrasts and add red as a complimentary touch. Yo uwill love it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating