Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 12:11 AM

860 posts, read 2,715,668 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if the queen bedframes at IKEA will fit a regular mattress sold elsewhere? We are new to our area-Phoenix_ and my husband has heard that you have to get their mattresses to fit the bed frames they sell.

The beds are a great deal- but we already have a queen mattress we just bought. Their mattresses are rather costly. This is for our 14 yr old daughter who is pretty careful, so I am not too worried if the frame is not high end.

Any knowledge out there in City-Data land? Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 02:55 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,012,572 times
mattress sizes a queen is 60 x 80 that is standard.
by "regular" do you mean full size? that is 54 x 75

Old 07-24-2010, 03:09 AM

61,662 posts, read 87,041,175 times
You can go to IKEA.com check the mattress size and compare
I think their is 63x80 3/4
IKEA | Sofa beds | Sofa-beds | IKEA PS MURBO | Mattress

Old 07-24-2010, 08:48 AM

972 posts, read 2,443,436 times
Both our kids have fulls on Ikea's full frames. Both fit fine, so I would expect the same for the queen size.

The quality has been great, especially for the price. On one, we used the box springs we already had instead of the bed slats. It has held up perfectly for two moves and 8 years. We bought a solid wood frame for one and a metal frame for the other.

Good luck!

Old 07-24-2010, 01:11 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,139,351 times
I also have bought IKEA beds. In both cases (we bought 2) we already had mattresses. They fit fine and IKEA has a sign in the bed department stating their bed frames fit all standard mattress sets. The beds are great and solid, however I do want to mention that the one mattress set we have has a low profile box spring 3 inches in height I believe where the other mattress set had a standard size box spring, I believe 5 inches. The IKEA beds seem to work best with low profile box springs. The one bed seems a bit high to my liking because it has the higher box spring. Nothing major but it seems a little tall to climb into. Its my son's bed and he could care less but our little dog has to get a running start to jump up on his bed. lol.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:51 AM

860 posts, read 2,715,668 times
Thanks to all ! fallingwater, good info. I was aware of the "height" issue. We don't have one selected yet, I know some are platform, some use a box spring. We don't have a box spring for this mattress so if we need one we'll try for a thinner one.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:18 PM

1,976 posts, read 6,855,311 times
We have a queens from Ikea and a regular mattress from down the block. They are platform beds, no need for box spring and that is why they look odd with the box spring. I actually prefer their own mattresses which does not have springs in and it is firm, so we got that for the kids and waiting for ours to rot.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:44 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,838,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
Its my son's bed and he could care less but our little dog has to get a running start to jump up on his bed. lol.

LOL, too funny

I really miss Ikea since I moved here - I think the closest store to me may be over in Seattle.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:07 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,139,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
LOL, too funny

I really miss Ikea since I moved here - I think the closest store to me may be over in Seattle.
Ya I used to live 30 minutes from one. Where we live now the closest is chicago, a 90 minute ride. Its not so much the ride but paying all the tolls on the way. Cheap buys at IKEA tend to be more expensive for me now due to the cost of getting there.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:08 AM

1,753 posts, read 4,249,374 times
At least y'all HAVE an Ikea. Oddly enough, not even Nashville has one. My closest is Atlanta.
We have an Ikea daybed for our daughter with a standard Sealy mattress and all is well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating