Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2014, 06:17 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,936,512 times

Advertisements

Rangers have been playing real well of late... coming off 4 straight wins in their Canada trip!

Fun Fact: It was the first time ever the Rangers swept every Western Conference Canadian Team in history, I believe that was their 21st such try!

What can be said right now about this team? Rick Nash is having an MVP like season, Henrik Lundqvist seems to be bouncing back as usual after a slow start to the season, and they're finally starting to get supplementary scoring from outside their "top 3" players (Nash, St. Louis, Brassard). It's amazing though... to think they're finally starting to turn it around from the injury bug now Derrick Brassard has the mumps. Yes that loss hurts BIG but it'll be short-term, hopefully more than than a week or two.

Here are some other fun facts about some of the players and the team as of 12/18/2014.

- Rangers are currently rank 4th in the league in Goals Scored per Game (3.03)
- Rangers are currently ranked 14th in the league in Goals Scored Against (2.48) *this excludes Empty Net Goals
- In the last 30 days the Rangers have the 2nd best record in the East (8-3-0)
- In the last 30 days the Rangers have the 2nd best Goals per game avg. (2.55)
- In the last 30 days the Rangers have the 2nd best Goals against avg. (1.91)

^^^ Amazing the above 30 day stats considering they include the 2 games they lost to Tampa and were blown out. But, the numbers don't lie... and if they continue to produce those types of averages then they'll be winning a lot more games than losing.

- Rick Nash is tied for 2nd in the NHL in goals scored (20 - On Pace for 56)
- Rick Nash is tied for 10th in Points (33 - On Pace for 92)
- Rick Nash leads the NHL in minutes between goals (25.5 minutes)
- Rick Nash is 3rd in the NHL in minutes between points (15.5 minutes), Derek Stepan is 19th (19.5), Derrick Brassard 25th (20.6)

Fun stuff.... :-)

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 01:32 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,310,446 times
Nash is on a roll.
St,Louis has been very good to. Streaky in goals but make sup with it in passes that result in points along with his overall style of play
Zucc is starting to find his stride.
Bassard was going good until he got sick.
Kreider is not right. He needs to find his game.
Steps has been pretty good considering he missed another camp.
Miller MAY have turned a corner
Hayes is getting better every game. You have to think he is gonna hot the wall at some point. But I love what I see from him. We could finally have that big center we haven't had since Messier and Lindros.
Fast really stablized the 4th line
Duclair has shown flashes or greatness, he is young has a great attitude and humble, you can see he has the fire and drive. He got a taste of the NHL and after this the World Jr.s he should be sent back down to Jr so he can continue to develop then get him to Hartford in the spring. Next season he should make the team outta camp again.
Haglin and Stempiak can be moved all over the place and play in every situation.
Klein has been a beast this year
Hunkwick looks like he can play so he has been getting a chance over Moore.
The overall D man situation has been a little clunky with Boyle McD and Staal having some rough stretches.
Talbit just signed a contract extension. Great deal for all.One less thing to worry about. He get's to backup a HOF and play on a contender. But, IMO the best part for Talbot is he get's another year working with Benoit Allarie. I think Talbot could start for another team at some point.

The issue as see it moving forward is the Staal situation. We aren't in a position to trade him because we are so thin at D after Moore it's Kostka and Allen. Mcilrath is still struggling to find his game and I don't think Av likes him.

I was listening to NHL radio the other day and someone called in with a trade I think I would do. It's a win now deal and it invloved trading for Staal from the Canes. It gave up Haglin, Miller, Allen another player who's last name started with a V and of course a first rounder. You are giving up quality, but look what you are getting back and a line of Staal, Kreider and Nash would be very hard to control for most of the NHL.

A move like that would put Hayes on the wing, which is his natural spot and than you see which line he fits best with. A Zucc, Bassard, St. Louis line is small but could be effective. Stepan kind of get's pushed to the 3rd line, but that's not the end of the world either.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:32 AM

I do agree that the Staal situation needs to be sorted out... unfortunately right now the Rangers are in Cap hell and with it looking as if the Cap may not raise after this year Sather has his hands tied. Plus if I am correct they need to lock up Cam Talbot too who will be an RFA after this season. Although... he's looking like a guy who's capable of being a #1 somewhere so he may not stay much longer, especially with Henrik locked up for the remainder of his career.

Lets remember though, I believe it was in February when they locked up Girardi... so it's still early and there's time to make things work. We all know Sather has done some terrible things in the past but he's a made professor when it comes to making certain trades (Gomez and ridding his terrible contract for McDonagh) and he's coming up with a way to get Staal locked up.

HEY... more fun with stats after yesterday's game:

- Since returning from injury to start the season, Derek Stepan is 3rd in the NHL with 15 assists.

- Cam Talbot recorded his 3rd shut out of the season yesterday, which ties him for 3rd in the NHL. Henrik Lundvist and his 5 shut outs are 2nd in the league, and the 8 shut outs combined are most of any team in the NHL. The 8 shut outs in 31 games is the quickest such feat since the 1928-29 season!

- Since the start of last season the Rangers have given up 1 or fewer goals an NHL leading 41 times!

- When leading after 2 periods this season the Rangers are 11 - 0 - 1, and the last 135 times the Rangers have led after 2 periods they are an astonishing 125 - 1 - 9.

- Rangers are 10 - 0 - 1 in their last 11 games against the Metropolitan Division

Old 12-22-2014, 06:48 AM

709 posts, read 956,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
Hayes is getting better every game. You have to think he is gonna hot the wall at some point. But I love what I see from him. We could finally have that big center we haven't had since Messier and Lindros.

A move like that would put Hayes on the wing, which is his natural spot and than you see which line he fits best with.
Well, which is it? Center or wing?

Old 12-23-2014, 08:19 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,310,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadejay26 View Post
Well, which is it? Center or wing?
Talbot signed an extension.

Hayes is a wing that they are converting to full time center.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:16 AM

What can we all say about the New York Rangers right now? They are by far the hottest team in the entire NHL and for the last 2-months have been the best in the NHL. I'll break it all down for you and it's truly astonishing how dominating they've been!

Last 30 Days:

Rangers 10 - 1 - 0 Record in the last 30 Days is #1 in entire NHL

Rangers 3.64 Goals Per Game Average in the last 30 days is #1 in the entire NHL

Rangers 1.36 Goals Against Average Per Game in the last 30 days is #1 in the entire NHL

Rangers Goals Differential of +2.27 in the last 30 days is #1 in the entire NHL

Let's break it down even further shall we???

Last 60 Days:

Rangers 16 - 5 - 2 Record in the last 60 days is #1 in the entire NHL

Rangers 3.39 Goals Per Game Average in the last 60 days is #1 in the entire NHL

Rangers 1.96 Goals Against Average in the last 60 days is #1 in the entire NHL

Rangers +1.43 Goals Differential in the last 60 days is #1 in the entire NHL

Rangers just got done beating the leagues best team in their house last night in Anaheim 4 - 1. The Rangers have now won 11 of their last 12 games and the last time they did that? When they raised the Stanley Cup back in 93-94. Everyone boasts about how much stronger the West is against the East, well right now the Rangers have the best record in the East against Western Conference opponents at 7-3-2, so it's absolutely clear they can play with the "big boys".

Now tonight they go back to the place and team that dashed away their dreams of a Stanley Cup last season to face-off against the LA Kings. Even with little rest I'm sure the boys will be fired up tonight.... very exciting times right now for the New York Rangers and us fans.

Lets keep it going boys... LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-12-2015, 06:24 AM

Congrats again to the Rangers for accomplishing yet another feat that they've never done until now.... After beating the Sharks for their 5th straight win and 13th of their last 14 games.... they completed the first ever California Sweep by beating the Ducks, Kinds, and Sharks all on the road!

During this stretch they've outscored their opponents an astonishing 51-22!

Oh and congrats goes out to Rick Nash on scoring his league leading 26th of the season!... and congrats for making the all-star team.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:05 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,876,746 times
As much as I have loved watching the Rangers pound all comers, I think I will be physically sick if they lose to the fish sticks tonight.

LGR!!!!

Old 01-13-2015, 08:05 PM

709 posts, read 956,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
As much as I have loved watching the Rangers pound all comers, I think I will be physically sick if they lose to the fish sticks tonight.

LGR!!!!
Not only lost, but dominated. Hank pulled, but not his fault. It's only one game. Hopefully they will bounce back against the Bruins.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:16 AM

Had to come back down to earth eventually.... sucks though it was against our rivals who are clearly a contender and it wasn't close.

Oh well... we'll get those guys eventually, and hopefully at a time when it counts aka playoffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey