Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2014, 04:47 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,416,143 times

Advertisements

Lets go Blueshirts! speed and cycle down, speed and one touch through the middle zone and keep it deep. Go boys in Blue!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 06:58 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,176,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightly Knight View Post
Lets go Blueshirts! speed and cycle down, speed and one touch through the middle zone and keep it deep. Go boys in Blue!
They play like the last period and OT and this series is over in 4. Completely dominated. Not good.

Old 06-05-2014, 07:12 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,936,225 times
Calling it a complete domination isn't entirely accurate... yes the Kings showed that they're the "better" team in certain stretches but the Rangers did do good things yesterday.

They really missed a great opportunity to steal that game last night... many chances they didn't capitalize on... and they still are too "pass happy". The Kings may have outshot them 41-25 but the Rangers attempted 59 total shots... TWENTY of which were shots that completely missed the net. Can't score that way....

The first goal they gave up after going up 2 - 0 was a bone-headed play by Stepan... he knows better than to try and make an outlet pass up the middle there with all that pressure on you... he's supposed to take those up the boards. The OT goal too was a tough one... it was a broken play and that dam puck was bouncing around like crazy.

Rest up... learn from the errors... come back fresh and ready to go on Saturday. Lundqvist gave this team an A+ effort yesterday... I expect him to continue that.. so the rest of the team needs to do the same.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:58 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,619,037 times
Guess all King fans get what they want, to celebrate winning the Stanley Cup on home ice!!!

Kings in five!!

Old 06-12-2014, 01:07 PM

2,008 posts, read 4,727,576 times
Who made the best save last night? Lundquist or snow?

Old 06-18-2014, 07:49 PM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,132 posts, read 2,106,299 times
Default Post mortem for Rangers Stanley Cup Run

This will be my personal observations, and I'm open to constructive criticism but only from Rangers Fans
First of all - a full disclosure - I did not see first series with Flyers so I will be picking up from Penguins.
Also let me say this - I'm still amazed that Rangers were in Stanley Cup Finals.
OK Penguins series - Rangers were better team, same with Canadiens.
It's more controversial in finals.
In my opinion both game one and particulary 2 (overtimes) could have gone Rangers way, forget about game 3, Game 4 a win (never mind snow skinnayyy) even last game Rangers got a fair shake but unfortunally they were the UNLUCKY ones.
Do we have to admit that Kings were a better team?
Not at all - but they (the Kings) were the Lucky one in Rangers Series.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:31 PM

709 posts, read 956,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcian View Post
It's more controversial in finals.
In my opinion both game one and particulary 2 (overtimes) could have gone Rangers way, forget about game 3, Game 4 a win (never mind snow skinnayyy) even last game Rangers got a fair shake but unfortunally they were the UNLUCKY ones.
Do we have to admit that Kings were a better team?
Not at all - but they (the Kings) were the Lucky one in Rangers Series.
Could not disagree more. The Kings were far and away the better team. Hank kept the Rangers competitive, but otherwise the Kings outplayed the Rangers in every way. No reason to hang our heads as fans. The West was the better conference. The Rangers made it to the top of the East and they should be proud of themselves. On paper, they probably weren't better than a 2nd round team. Of course, just my personal observation.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:57 AM

Yes... the Kings were the superior team and out-played the Rangers in many stretches in all the games but here's the reality...

- Kings needed to win 3 games in OT (two went 2OT's)
- Kings had to overcome multiple 2 goal leads and 3 times overcome 3rd period deficits.

So the series may have been 4 - 1... but it could have gone 4 - 1 to the Rangers as well.

Obviously it didn't happen... but far too many people are downplaying the fact that the Rangers were the ones who had LA on the ropes in terms of the score sheet in all but one game. LA's depth was just too much for the Rangers to overcome in the end. It's too bad... they put up a hell of a run and effort in the Finals.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:08 AM

Anyway... no rest for the weary... although the season just ended it is now time for Free Agency season. This link below illustrates where the Rangers are at:

New York Rangers Salary Cap Chart

Boyle, Pouliot, Moore, Carcillo, Stralman, and Diaz are all UFA's. Meanwhile Brassard, Moore, Kreider, Zuccarello, and Falk are all RFA's.

With the projected cap to increase to roughly $70 million... they'll have $15 million free to use to sign some of these guys. I think it's almost a sure thing Brad Richards gets bought out which will increase that free money to nearly $22 million.

My guesses.... Boyle, Carcillo, and Stralman are good as gone. I have a hunch that Dominic Moore will be gone too. I really hope they keep Pouliot... he played so well with Brassard and Zuc that this line needs to remain in tact. I'd like Stralman back but I think he'll ask for too much... just like Boyle.

Kreider, Zuc, and Brassard will obviously get paid but the big question is how much. Zuc had a career year and Brassard played well with Zuc. Kreider was a beast in the playoffs so he'll get a raise too.

Not much out there on the UFA market... the "prize" would be Paul Statsny who's the Center for Colorado. The Rangers are in desperate need of a quality center but I have a feeling Stats will be locked up before the UFA market opens July 1. I hear mumblings of a possible trade involving Joe Thornton who's good friends with Rick Nash. However Thornton has a no move clause and would have to approve the trade and signs are that he wants to stay in SJ. Although Thornton would be perfect because he's such a quality setup guy, SJ would want too much from NYR and he's not exactly young anymore. Besides... Rangers draft picks are thin as it is so it's highly unlikely.

With the right moves this team can certainly contend again next year.... as long as Alain Vignault is our coach and Henrik Lundqvist is in net... this team will be successful. They just need those few extra pieces to push them over the top and be legitimate cup contenders.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:43 PM

7,964 posts, read 9,175,271 times
Dominic Moore is a career 4th liner who can stay if he doesn't get greedy. Boyle wants too much for his true role and can be replaced by Miller. Stralman can be replaced by signing Dan Boyle as you desperately need a 2nd line PP D-man.
Carcillo is nothing. I'd keep Diaz if the price is right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey