Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2009, 08:11 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,356,000 times

Advertisements

Wings over St. Louis 5-0! Much better than the 8-0 loss the other night! And we scored shorted-handed, on the power play and at full strength, just proving that the boys can do it all. Glad to hear that Hossa will be okay. And because I believe in giving credit where credit is due, may I offer kudos to the Blues player who checked him. I don't remember who it was, but just as soon as he realized something was seriously wrong he began to attend to Hossa until help could get across the ice. That is real class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 09:44 AM

8,805 posts, read 10,255,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
I think the Caps forgot how to skate all of a sudden. In watching the highlights, the Canes went around them like they were playing a pee wee game. Complete embarrassment for the Caps at home for the second consecutive game.

I guarantee they will pay for it tomorrow morning, good win for the Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
They'd better get it together pretty quickly or it's going to be a short post season for us... They still have time to miss the post season if they aren't careful...
Did either of you happen to notice the goal celebration after Federov scored late? That was unusual, but kind of funny. I think possibly Federov lost his balance?

Old 03-04-2009, 09:47 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,765,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Did either of you happen to notice the goal celebration after Federov scored late? That was unusual, but kind of funny. I think possibly Federov lost his balance?
Nope did not see it.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:13 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,065,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
Wings over St. Louis 5-0! Much better than the 8-0 loss the other night! And we scored shorted-handed, on the power play and at full strength, just proving that the boys can do it all. Glad to hear that Hossa will be okay. And because I believe in giving credit where credit is due, may I offer kudos to the Blues player who checked him. I don't remember who it was, but just as soon as he realized something was seriously wrong he began to attend to Hossa until help could get across the ice. That is real class.
Not a good game for the boys in Blue... terrible execution, all around. Thangs played superb, we were half to full step behind, timid. MICoastieMom - thanks for the credit to 'em; makes me proud of StL even more; the entire Blues organization is indeed top-notch, and hopefully it permeates to and through all the players, always [hence one reason why Pronger can stay a Duck for my concern]. BTW, the player that hit and then helped was one of our younger [ha, but ain't they all ] players, D-man Roman Polak.

Hossa's thankfully OK - Red Wings Snapshots - MLive.com

Old 03-04-2009, 12:52 PM

317 posts, read 535,954 times
[quote=ShadowCaver;7732014]MICoastieMom - thanks for the credit to 'em; makes me proud of StL even more;

wish i could say the same for the blues fans in attendance... a friend of mine was up in the nose bleeds at that game and had a jerk blues fan sitting behind him cheering when hossa was put on a stretcher and said "1 down, 19 to go"... he was also trying to throw stuff at the refs(like they had determined the outcome, not the poor blues play)... i watched it on tv and heard them boo after they realized the player got penalized by it. dont boo when you have a hurt player on the ice...

BTW, last year i was at the joe when the wings played the blues... cant remember which wing got hurt behind the net but the blues fans there were cheering... he too had been taken out on a stretcher... bah!

Old 03-04-2009, 07:19 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,065,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hameltoe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
MICoastieMom - thanks for the credit to 'em; makes me proud of StL even more;
wish i could say the same for the blues fans in attendance... a friend of mine was up in the nose bleeds at that game and had a jerk blues fan sitting behind him cheering when hossa was put on a stretcher and said "1 down, 19 to go"... he was also trying to throw stuff at the refs(like they had determined the outcome, not the poor blues play)... i watched it on tv and heard them boo after they realized the player got penalized by it. dont boo when you have a hurt player on the ice...

BTW, last year i was at the joe when the wings played the blues... cant remember which wing got hurt behind the net but the blues fans there were cheering... he too had been taken out on a stretcher... bah!
Can't say much about that... I've heard Wings fans scream similar, Ducks fans this, Stars, etc etc... unfortunately, there are all kinds of inconsiderate jerkish 'fans', guess alcohol and/or ignorance at times may have an effect too. Not an excuse, just saying... Anyhow, hopefully ya know that not all Blues fans are of that ilk, majority, vast majority are not... seems the loud obnoxious idiots get the most attention. Now, with that all sincerely said, guess the Wings may bring out the worst in quite a few Blues fans... there ain't much love there for that team.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:05 PM

414 posts, read 907,833 times
Quote:
Cool, Canes beat Caps 5-2 @ the phone booth. 2 short-handed goals and penalty shot part of it. Glad we responded well after the embarrasing loss to Atlanta the other night.

Its ok. Canes wont go far this year once again. Caps are hitting a bad patch right now, but they are far and away the best in the SE Division. That said, Im still baffled why GMGM did NOT make any moves today. The Caps are in desperate need of defence. The Caps D ( as you saw just the other n ight) is the one huge glaring hole, that will make them pretenders this year, not contenders.

Shame on GMGM for not addressing this.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:58 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
I didn't either, I was too upset watching them regress to a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by United_Caps_Skins_Fan View Post
Its ok. Canes wont go far this year once again. Caps are hitting a bad patch right now, but they are far and away the best in the SE Division. That said, Im still baffled why GMGM did NOT make any moves today. The Caps are in desperate need of defence. The Caps D ( as you saw just the other n ight) is the one huge glaring hole, that will make them pretenders this year, not contenders.

Shame on GMGM for not addressing this.
I concur with you that the Caps will recover from this and easily win the SE. I don't know who they could have traded for, the entire team just had no legs in both of these games. Both Fleishmann and Morrison were pathetic last night and Green needs to give them a boost.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:07 AM

414 posts, read 907,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
I didn't either, I was too upset watching them regress to a few years ago.

I concur with you that the Caps will recover from this and easily win the SE. I don't know who they could have traded for, the entire team just had no legs in both of these games. Both Fleishmann and Morrison were pathetic last night and Green needs to give them a boost.

There were several defencemen that were available today, and for not to expensive either, who would have been a signifigant upgrade to what most of our blueline is right now. GMGM just sucks sometimes IMHO, and this years trade deadline was one of those times. Defence is what is going to be what kills us again this year. Right now, the Caps are PRETENDERS, not CONTENDERS, and probably will not be true contenders until at the very least, the defencive woes are addressed.

Also, I did see the goal celebration, and yes Feds did lose his balance, but still, that celebration was retarded. Even Bruce Boudreau blasted the team in the post game press conference saying it was stupid / embarassing, and hes right, it was.

More fuel for Don Cherry's fire i suppose. (for those that do not know, just last week Cherry ripped AO a new one for his "over the top" goal celebrations.) Meh, isnt it gettin to be time for Cherry to go wooden box shopping?

Old 03-06-2009, 08:21 PM

8,805 posts, read 10,255,341 times
Great win for Carolina, 6-1 over Calgary. Finally get to see a hat trick, Ray Whitney got it. And Erik Cole scored in his 1st game back.

Off to Tampa tomorrow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey