Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 08:41 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,736,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
What are you squaking about? From 1933–34 to 1965–66, the Red Wings only missed the playoffs four times. After almost two decades as an also-ran, the Red Wings have made the playoffs in 23 of the last 25 seasons, including the last 17 in a row. This is the longest current streak of post-season appearances in all of American professional sports.

Even getting to the playoffs is a major accomplishment, and they have set any number of records along the way. BTW, the Wings may have only won three Cups in the past decade or so, but that is 3 more than the Sabres have ever won!
True but the Sabres will get their turn to win, and when they do win it. It'll scared the ever loving crap out of everyone. We were robbed by the Hurricanes a few years ago, but i guarantee it when they win. It'll be THE SHOT HEARD AROUND THE WORLD!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 08:44 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,736,388 times
I say play him, and if they do bring Marty back, split them. Have Brodeur play like 5 or 6 then have Clememnsen play 5 or 6. But yeah Marty won't be fully healed till next year.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:59 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,765,660 times
From watching those Sharks last night...I just don't think this is Detroit's year. Sharks vs. Caps in the finals...

Old 02-11-2009, 10:45 AM

317 posts, read 535,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
From watching those Sharks last night...I just don't think this is Detroit's year. Sharks vs. Caps in the finals...
it all comes down to the playoffs... like last year, dallas took everyone by surprise when they beat san jose to make it to the conference finals against detroit. or the flyers taking out the caps in round 1. and to me, the biggest upset was the avs beating the wild. you never know what happens until it happens. so good luck with your prediction.

san jose is a great guess, but you never know... i would rather it be an original six matchup, like bruins/wings, canadians/wings, rangers/wings

Old 02-11-2009, 11:14 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,065,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hameltoe View Post
that guy who wrote that has no creditibility and is a complete tool.

every team would love to have holmstrom, but those who don't, hate him.

and when did cheli become the MOST beloved player since howe and yzerman? im sorry, but he isn't. most of our fans like him, but wouldn't care if he retired.

theres a reason for players like maltby and draper. they are penalty killers and great to get under players skin. a lot of things are done behind the play that most ignorant fans don't see. plus, its a cheap body.

we are all a bunch of hypocrites when it comes to hating then loving players when they sign with your team. i.e. cheli, hossa, probert.

wings bashing is okay, but when you throw things in there to try and build facts but are truly just opinions, thats when it gets under my skin.

WINGS IN '09!!!
lol, yea, don't give it much credence either, but was entertaining to read

WINGS NEVER!!!

Old 02-11-2009, 02:36 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,359,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hameltoe View Post
i would rather it be an original six matchup, like bruins/wings, canadians/wings, rangers/wings
Why does this **** matter to people? The original four teams of the NHL were all Canadian, anyway.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:58 PM

347 posts, read 934,492 times
Default buffalo

"True but the Sabres will get their turn to win, and when they do win it. It'll scared the ever loving crap out of everyone. We were robbed by the Hurricanes a few years ago, but i guarantee it when they win. It'll be THE SHOT HEARD AROUND THE WORLD!!"

One does not get robbed in a 7 game series. And the city of Buffalo has never won any major sports title.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:51 PM

8,805 posts, read 10,255,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plf86 View Post
"True but the Sabres will get their turn to win, and when they do win it. It'll scared the ever loving crap out of everyone. We were robbed by the Hurricanes a few years ago, but i guarantee it when they win. It'll be THE SHOT HEARD AROUND THE WORLD!!"

One does not get robbed in a 7 game series. And the city of Buffalo has never won any major sports title.
Yep, the Hurricanes won fair and square.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:11 PM

854 posts, read 2,865,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plf86 View Post
i can't speak for other the other teams, but the stanley cup won't go there any time soon :P

btw canes, can you pls let the panthers win at your arena tomorrow? please? once? i'm not sure if the panthers have ever won a single game at that place.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:21 PM

8,805 posts, read 10,255,341 times
^ ahh but dude, we need the points as much as you guys do. I'm a bit nervous for it though. We havent played since Saturday night and It's our first home game since Jan 31st. So I'm hoping my guys won't be rusty.

btw, you guys beat us at our house last April. I remember it well sadly, since it ultimatly knocked us out of Playoff action
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey