Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 10:02 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
The Blues? In what century is this going to happen?
Probably the same one the Hawks win it in.

Anyone watch the game last night? What are your thoughts on Aflie's intentional shot on Niedermeyer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 12:32 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,059,299 times
Missed the incident. Only caught the last ~7 minutes on the TV - was sadly impressed w/ the quackers defense. Down 3-1, very very doubtful,,, but the female that is significantly plump has not sung as of yet!

Old 06-05-2007, 11:33 PM

172 posts, read 608,987 times
I am cheering for the Ducks...I said Ducks in five before the series began, and I've said it somewhere on these boards, and I honestly believe that will be the case. I have lost respect for Alfredsson because of that intentional shot at Scotty Niedermayer, that is honestly sickening. Don Cherry and Brett Hull were not impressed and Don Cherry said it was really a dumb move that will inspire the Ducks, and it was and is going to. The Pond will be rocking, woohooo

Old 06-07-2007, 11:34 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken.k-la View Post
I am cheering for the Ducks...I said Ducks in five before the series began, and I've said it somewhere on these boards, and I honestly believe that will be the case. I have lost respect for Alfredsson because of that intentional shot at Scotty Niedermayer, that is honestly sickening. Don Cherry and Brett Hull were not impressed and Don Cherry said it was really a dumb move that will inspire the Ducks, and it was and is going to. The Pond will be rocking, woohooo
Yeah, Alfie's shot was cheap, but so was Prongers. It sickens me to see the Cup in yet another non-traditional market, but theres nothing I can do about it but sit and dream of the glory years gone by. The Ducks' celebration was as lame as it gets and the series was boring. It also drew the worst ratings ever by the NHL for the SCF. Pathetic.

Also, Alfie and Niedermeyer made up, Alfie realizes what he did was wrong. He was man enough to shake Scott's hand and give him a hug. Every player does something stupid at some point in his career, Alfie was no different. Hes a veteran class act, I just wished they could have brought the cup home.

I also must ask, whats a British Columbian doing rooting for a California team anyways? Ex-Californian? Im surprised youre not a Canucks fan.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:43 PM

31 posts, read 68,351 times
Thumbs up (North) Stars forever

I'll admit to being a long-time hockey fan..had the priviledge to go to college in the Boston area when the Bruins were both big and bad. Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito, Wayne Cashman, Johnny Bucyk, Derek Sanderson, and Gerry Cheevers, the goalie with all the stitch marks on his mask were winning Stanley Cups and selling out always. The Montreal Canadians was the team to hate in hckey like we did (and still do) the Yankees in baseball. I was enamored of one of the new franchises - The Minnesota North Stars with Gump Worsley, then Ceasar Maniago in goal. 45 years later I find myself rooting for a Dallas team as well as their replacement in Minnesota, the Wild. In between I've enjoyed the many faces and changes in the league. Although I was not happy about the Stars and Wild's demises in the first round, I did feel that maybe a little of the monkey that sat on Marty Turco's back has been overcome with his posting of the best GAA numbers in the playoffs. It was enjoyable to watch the once Mighty Ducks become the Cup champs, although it would have been nice to see it back in Canada, too. Yes, there were cheap shots and ugly flops on both sides of the ice but, all in all, an enjoyable year. My wife complains about the warm weather sites winning the Cup but I'm sure some baseball fans felt that way when the Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants went to LA and San Franciscoi the late 50s. Fans in any corner of the states and Canada should be able to enjoy the sport, even if they only see ice in an arena ;-)

Old 06-08-2007, 07:59 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,746,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Detroit Red Wings!

Remember the Colorado/Detroit rilvary at its' peak? Loved to watch them games!
Boy, those were the days! Some of the best games ever!

Old 06-09-2007, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Boy, those were the days! Some of the best games ever!
totally agreed....I am an Ave's fan, and I was angry as hell any time they lose to the Wings (still am)....but the late 90's man oh man, some good battles there. One of the best rivalries in the NHL today without a doubt.

By the way, I am not an ex-Californian, I am born and raised in British Columbia....I just cannot stand Vancouver and the band wagon fans Vancouver has. I just do not like the team, so I root for the Ave's. Also, a lot of Canadians were cheering for the Ducks. Ratings were down something like 18% from last year here in Canada, so it just wasn't watched by as many people in either country. The better team won, and well, I believe the Ducks will be in the running for the Cup next year as well. Hopefully my Ave's will do some off-season things and put them back in the playoffs next year (I think they will be).

Old 06-15-2007, 01:32 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,795 times
Default Nhl

My favorite team is the New York Rangers. Great playoff run this year, ended too early. Buffalo was overrated. Hopefully they can progress to better things next year. LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!

Old 06-20-2007, 12:22 AM

I have a soft spot for the Rangers for some reason, as the Rangers are one of the more hated teams in Vancouver. I think it is because they are hated in Vancouver, I love NYC, and that "94" victory....Richter, Messier, Leetch, etc. list goes on, I wish I could've seen that series.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:53 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,059,299 times
Kinda disappointing/sad to see the troubles that Nashville is having - fielded a great team, had excellent run, yet just not enough support... and then there is talk about expansion into other markets? What goofball really believes that LV and KC would do any better than Music City? And to mention that more teams spreads out the fairly mediocre talent into other markets... Seems to my naive eyes just a play for money by the current owners, who must not care then about the long term survival of the league. And then the Preds may or may not move to Hamilton... sheesh... Sorry, just seems that there is little to no leadership in this league.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey