Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 08:32 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,947,528 times

Advertisements

Why am I not surprised that the US and Canada are in the same bracket. That means Russia will have to beat the trifecta from the Scandinavian peninsula (Sweden will be an 'upset') to meet US or Canada for Gold. (Unless the US gags against the Czech republic). Russia vs. Canada for Gold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 09:29 AM

13,512 posts, read 17,050,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Why am I not surprised that the US and Canada are in the same bracket. That means Russia will have to beat the trifecta from the Scandinavian peninsula (Sweden will be an 'upset') to meet US or Canada for Gold. (Unless the US gags against the Czech republic). Russia vs. Canada for Gold.
I don't understand why so many people easily dismiss Sweden...excellent players from top to bottom and Lundqvist. Look at the roster.

I think in a one game single elimination format, anything can happen. The US/Canada matchup, if it happens, is a coin flip as far as I'm concerned. One bad goal will decide the game.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:48 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,947,528 times
I think Sweden is a very good team, keep in mind where the game is. This will be medal round, not pool play

Old 02-17-2014, 11:20 AM

709 posts, read 956,262 times
I have not been impressed with Russian play. I don't see them making it to gold medal game.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:37 PM

13,512 posts, read 17,050,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadejay26 View Post
I have not been impressed with Russian play. I don't see them making it to gold medal game.
They played badly against Slovakia, no doubt, but they outplayed the USA in their game against them. A lucky break on the Tyutin goal and one whiz kid with his stick in Josie are the only reasons the US won that game against Russia. Let's not kid ourselves, Americans. It was a lucky break.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:47 PM

709 posts, read 956,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
They played badly against Slovakia, no doubt, but they outplayed the USA in their game against them. A lucky break on the Tyutin goal and one whiz kid with his stick in Josie are the only reasons the US won that game against Russia. Let's not kid ourselves, Americans. It was a lucky break.
I am basing my viewpoint on all Russian games, not just game versus USA. One goal does not a tournament make.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:03 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,036,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Very disappointed the the US games have all been on NBCSN. I understand they want to flex muscle and prop up their sports network but it's not cool that they're shutting out a lot of viewers without access. This morning I had the opportunity to watch curling but no hockey. During the Russia game I was able to watch the Russian and Swiss women on MSNBC. Kind of a joke if you ask me.

How can anyone avoid spoilers and catch the prime time replay (at least it's my understanding the US games are aired on network NBC in the evening).
That's why you have the option of watching it online. My mom & I were sitting around the computer watching the Russia-United States game.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:07 PM

9,776 posts, read 7,493,526 times
Slovakia over the Czech's tomorrow
Russia loses to Finland
USA beats Slovakia
Sweden beats Finland
Canada & the US go to a shootout with the US winning
Sweden beats US for gold; Canada beats Finland for the bronze.

Sweden is clearly the best team, don't see anyone beating them. US/Canada are probably the next 2 best.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:26 PM

6,406 posts, read 8,997,048 times
Sweden is good but I am not so sure I would call them "clearly" the best.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:06 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,095,000 times
seems possible that this may be the last Olympics for a while in which NHLers compete

Bettman, Fehr, Fasel address future Olympic participation for NHL | ProHockeyTalk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey