Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 01:35 PM

672 posts, read 791,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Dubnyk wins just enough to ensure another non impact draft pick.
Interesting way to look at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 05:42 PM

421 posts, read 329,735 times
Really Enjoy watching Parise and Vanek I watched them Play when they played hockey in college. and they were awesome then to.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:41 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,996,223 times
Gotta love the Central Division's tightness! The best and worst teams are currently within 20 pts of each other with roughly just 10 games to go! Get ready for the homestretch!

Old 03-23-2015, 10:12 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,394,178 times
The Wild could actually win it all. If Dubnyk continues to play well and does so in the playoffs anything can happen.

We also all of a sudden have a surplus of forwards - so much so players that are playing well have to be scratched.

Watch out for this club, seriously, when Zucker and Carter and Scandella come back - we are gelling at a good time.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:50 AM

Hmmm. I am skeptical of Doobie's ability to take the Wild far into the playoffs. I really am. That being said, it would be just fine with me if the (MY) Blackhawks make the playoffs and their seeding allows for them to miss the Bloos and the Wild in that first round, and if those two teams just beat the living you-know-what outta eachother for 7 games of hard hitting, end to end, high scoring, fast paced playoff hockey.

In other words, I respect the Wild and their hunger. And I hate the Blues as much as I hate the Kings. Cheap shots.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:23 AM

A hot goalie on a decent team can win it all but a bad goalie on a good team can rarely win it all. That is the only reason I say that Dubnyk could win it all for us. And considering we lead the entire NHL in least shots against us per game that doesn't hurt our (and Dubnyk's) prospects either.

Giguerre of Ducks '07.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:41 AM

I do believe that Doobie's performance is more due to the Wild in front of him than to his talent. He's playing well above any previous level that he's played, yes, the Wild are markedly better than the Oilers or Yotes, but I do not believe that DD can sustain this. I could be wrong, and these last couple of weeks and then everything after April 15 will show if I am or not.

Seriously, sometime in January, I thought Yeo was going to get the boot, so hey, it's a great story, if your favorite team is the Wild, or not in the Central or competing for a divisional wild card seed. Just shows what decent goaltending meant to that team, or lack of it.

2011- Tim Thomas.

Old 03-24-2015, 02:53 PM

The Wild has a deceivingly good defense core. If you look on HFBoards our defense is rarely seen as good or acknowledged as deep. Players like Scandella, Spurgeon, and even Brodin to some extend are just not seen as good NHL caliber. Bringing in Leopold and then to have Dumba step up the way he has has really made us a better team in the West.

Old 03-24-2015, 03:06 PM

I get it, the Wild are a very good team, and like I said, not that I am going to hope for a specific opponent for my team, just that I want my team to make the playoffs. If I had my druthers though, and if the playoff teams are consistent with who is currently in playoff contention, I am just as happy if the Wild meet the Blues in the first round, because that series would promise to be nasty and physical and end to end and fast and physical and nasty. And physical. And nasty.

Things could really change between now and the end of the season as far as who is seeded where, Hawks have a game in hand to the Wild, Preds and Blues, with two meetings between the Blues and Hawks, Jets and Blues meet again once, Wild and Blues once, Wild and Preds once, Wild and Hawks once. It will be interesting, and this is what the NHL wanted with "parity", more close races down to the wire. Good times.

Old 03-24-2015, 03:33 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,131,722 times
no love for the lady gophers and their dynasty being constructed inside Ridder Arena, eh?

Old result, new twist: Gophers cut down net after beating Harvard for women's hockey title | Star Tribune
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey