Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2008, 06:04 PM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,046,205 times

Advertisements

Remember those scenery sets that had pencil-on stickers and you could make a whole little action scene? What were those things called?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 08:59 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,105,708 times
What toys and games do you remember from the 60's and 70's?-internet-explorer-wallpaper.bmpThis is the Sunny Suzy Kitchen Set. Anyone ever had it?

Old 05-01-2008, 06:10 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,619,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjg1963 View Post
Spyrograph
Shrinky Dinks
TV Tennis (looked like a 13 inch TV and had two knobs that hit a metal ball back and forth)
Kerplunk
Ants in the Pant
Barrell of Monkees
Creepy Crawlies
Colorforms
Don't Break the Ice
I remember all those games I forgot all about Spyrograph!! Made you feel like you really CAN draw lol!

Old 05-01-2008, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Loved em. I must have gotten thirty or forty under-the-fingernail cuts from trying to put the little metal tabs into the slots.

I did love the little carwash, though. It prepared me for this lucrative career I've got now....
I remember my Mom and Dad would sit up all nite Christmas Eve putting the metal doll houses and gas stations together.......no wonder why te werent so jolly Christmas morning lol

Old 05-01-2008, 09:02 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
I remember my Mom and Dad would sit up all nite Christmas Eve putting the metal doll houses and gas stations together.......no wonder why te werent so jolly Christmas morning lol
That is so true. Later when I had my own kids and had to do the same thing, it gave me a real appreciation for my parents...

Isn't love amazing?

Old 05-01-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
That is so true. Later when I had my own kids and had to do the same thing, it gave me a real appreciation for my parents...

Isn't love amazing?
Lucky for me when I had my son it was Hot wheel garages, just open the case and voile!!

Old 05-02-2008, 09:49 AM

103 posts, read 361,441 times
Now this is a fun site! Brings back alot of beautiful memories. I had a Barbie & Ken doll. And the Barbie Dreamhouse. Had all those fun board games like Go to the Head of the Class, Mystery Date, Shutes & Ladders, Mouse Trap, Twister. Had all the neighborhood kids over playing every day! Anyone remember the Vac U Form? It would heat up and make different things out of plastic. I remember having pick up sticks and jacks. Doubt kids play with them anymore. Had an Etch a Sketch to. Think my favorite toy was my red hula hoop.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Now this is a fun site! Brings back alot of beautiful memories. I had a Barbie & Ken doll. And the Barbie Dreamhouse. Had all those fun board games like Go to the Head of the Class, Mystery Date, Shutes & Ladders, Mouse Trap, Twister. Had all the neighborhood kids over playing every day! Anyone remember the Vac U Form? It would heat up and make different things out of plastic. I remember having pick up sticks and jacks. Doubt kids play with them anymore. Had an Etch a Sketch to. Think my favorite toy was my red hula hoop.
True, the kids today only want the computerized games..kinda sad really.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:18 AM

1 posts, read 6,053 times
Default We knew how to play

This is great . I have read most of the comments and the memories began to flow. Kids today have no idea how much fun they are missing.... anyway here is my list of toys I remember:

Dolls -Baby Tender Love, Sikpper & Ken, Beautiful Crissy, Suzy Walker - I left Suzy standing in the doorway of my room xmas nite and her reflective eyes scared the crap out of my mother when whe was on her way to the bathroom in the middle of the night , Rainbow Brite, Dressy Bessie, Cabbage Patch Kids; Games - Rock 'em Sock em' Robots, Go to the Head of the Class, Chutes & Ladders, Don't Break the Ice, Operaton, Life, Pixie Stix, Crazy Eights, Old Maid, Weeble Wobbles, Mouse Trap, Chinese Checkers and of course Monopoly. Then there were things like -Easy Bake Ovens, Spirograph, Sit & Spin, Click Clacks and Footsie (that thing you put around your ankle and skipped over it). Outside Games - Skully, red rover, Hot peas and butter, Ring-o-livio; Simon Says, Mother May I, Dodge Ball and so many others.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:35 PM

521 posts, read 1,473,043 times
I love this thread, such memories......

I can remember two 70's toys that I loved:-

My Evel Knievel stunt bike

YouTube - evel knievel TOYS

and my Tin Can Alley that my mum bought me when I was 6 and was laid up with broken leg

Was Tin Can Alley available in the US or was it just a British thing? I had no idea what Dr Pepper was and Pepsi was a rarity in those days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History