Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 12:14 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,616,101 times

Advertisements

BoxCar Willie,I told you a boat and torpedoes, the system of safety and old training torpedo big harm would not be. if you know the physics of that you will see the actual official version delirium. torpedoes just not explode, you need to work around 4 degrees of protection even if so I wrote above please read carefully, torpedoes remained whole (which were there) And if we assume that they could explode (which is not possible, then the fire would not, flooded to all at once, the depth of almost 11 atmospheres, you again for his own! There are facts and a lot of questions which explain is not possible without the fore part of the АПЛ. which cannot be ignored, if we assume that this was indeed so as in theory. the parties of Russia and America have agreed at a high level. do you really think that you would activists told and news learned if it was a conspiracy? then Sorry but you are naive.
In America there is a submarine captains this fact is known since the USSR. Submarine fill ballast bow and go to RAM.

P.S photo American submarine which I took off the direct attitude to the nuclear submarine Kursk do not have. I made a version that suitable on all the facts and answer all the questions unknown
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 06:56 AM

827 posts, read 1,672,257 times
From Wickipedia

On the morning of 12 August 2000, as part of a naval exercise, Kursk was to fire two dummy torpedoes at Kirov-class battlecruiser Pyotr Velikiy, the flagship of the Northern Fleet. At 11:29 local time (07:29:50 UTC),[SIZE=3][1][/SIZE] a 65-76 "Kit" torpedo was loaded into Kursk's number 4 torpedo tube. Due to a leaking weld in the torpedo's fuel system, high test peroxide, a form of highly concentrated hydrogen peroxide used as an oxidiser for the torpedo's engine, escaped into the torpedo casing where it catalytically decomposed on the metals and oxides present there, yielding steam and oxygen[SIZE=3][verification needed][/SIZE]. The resulting overpressure ruptured the kerosene fuel tank, causing an explosion that registered as a weak seismic signature on detectors hundreds of kilometers away.[SIZE=3][4][/SIZE] A similar incident was responsible for the loss of HMS Sidon in 1955.
Recovered remains of the torpedo later allowed the first explosion to be pinpointed to the middle part of the torpedo. According to maintenance records the dummy torpedoes, manufactured in the 1990s, had never had their welds checked; such checks were considered unnecessary as the torpedoes did not carry warheads.
The explosive reaction of 1.5 tons of concentrated hydrogen peroxide and 500 kg of kerosene blew off the external torpedo tube cover and the internal tube door. (The torpedo tube cover was later found on the seabed and its position relative to the rest of the submarine served as evidence of this version of events.) The tube door, which should have been capable of withstanding such an explosion, was not properly closed; the electrical connectors between the torpedoes and the tube doors were unreliable and often required repeated reclosing of the door before a contact was established, so it is likely that at the moment of explosion the door was not fully closed. The blast entered the front compartment, probably killing all seven men there. The bulkhead should have arrested the blast wave, but it was penetrated by a light air conditioning channel which allowed passage of the blast wave, fire and toxic smoke into the second and perhaps third and fourth compartments, injuring or disorienting the 36 men in the command post located in the second compartment and preventing the initiation of an emergency ballast tank blow to resurface the submarine. Additionally, an automatic emergency buoy, designed to release itself on detection of conditions such as fire or rapid pressure changes and intended to help rescuers locate the stricken vessel, did not deploy. The previous summer, in a Mediterranean mission, fears that the buoy might accidentally deploy and reveal a submarine's position to the U.S. fleet had led to it being disabled.
Two minutes and fifteen seconds after the initial eruption, a much larger explosion ripped through the submarine. Seismic data from stations across Northern Europe show that the explosion occurred at the same depth as the sea bed, suggesting that the submarine's collision with the sea floor, combined with rising temperatures due to the initial explosion, had caused other torpedoes to explode. The second explosion was equivalent to 2-3 tons of TNT, or about 5-7 torpedo warheads, and measured 4.2 on the Richter scale. Acoustic data from Pyotr Velikiy indicated an explosion of about 7 torpedo warheads in rapid succession.[SIZE=3][1][/SIZE]
The second explosion ripped a 2-square-metre (22 sq ft) hole in the hull of the craft, which was designed to withstand depths of 1,000 metres (3,300 ft), and also ripped open the third and fourth compartments. Water poured into these compartments at 90,000 litres (3,200 cu ft) per second killing all those in the compartments, including five officers from 7th SSGN Division Headquarters. The fifth compartment contained the ship's two nuclear reactors, encased in 13 centimetres (5.1 in) of steel and resiliently mounted to absorb shocks in excess of 50g. The bulkheads of the fifth compartment withstood the explosion, allowing the two reactors to shut down automatically and preventing nuclear meltdown or contamination.[SIZE=3][1][/SIZE]
Later forensic examination of two of the reactor control room casualties showed extensive skeletal injuries which indicated that they had sustained shocks of just over 50g during the explosions. These shocks would have temporarily disoriented the operators and possibly other sailors further aft.[SIZE=3][1][/SIZE]

BTW one of my cousins was on board one of the US subs and he said they NEVER fired on it NOR rammed it. He says to stop blaming US and look into YOUR OWN Naval Command for blunders.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:09 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,616,101 times
BoxCar Willie,All what you wrote - the official version, in which a lot of holes and not connections. Argue there is no sense. I will stay in the theory of which he spoke. Naive people who have no relation to the submarine and may not even see them at all, believe this theory (official) I know a lot of systems of this boat and the device of the torpedoes, and see a lot of lies

Old 06-08-2012, 07:33 AM

827 posts, read 1,672,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
BoxCar Willie,All what you wrote - the official version, in which a lot of holes and not connections. Argue there is no sense. I will stay in the theory of which he spoke. Naive people who have no relation to the submarine and may not even see them at all, believe this theory (official) I know a lot of systems of this boat and the device of the torpedoes, and see a lot of lies
WHat you see and spread is Bull Crap!! Since I have a witness to this I think I can say for sure The US never fired on your tinboat. Russian STUPIDITY did that for them!! I know as usual you will belive what your indoctrinated mind will believe I know WHAT is the truth!!

Old 04-03-2017, 11:38 PM

1 posts, read 447 times
made this vid a from my visit a couple months back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YECHB_t_X0

sucks there's only 1 Submarine Museum left in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History