Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 08:18 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,690,410 times

Advertisements

Hubby going to the doctor today because his nose has been bleeding off and on for several weeks. Been told by some that it could be from high blood pressure. Has anyone had this problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 10:23 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,923,139 times
Could be a Blood Pressure problem. Have been taking BP pills for a few yrs now. Noticed recently that my BP was in the 130-140 range and would have a bleeding now and then for know apparent reason.. Talked to my primary doctor at the VA and he reduced the strength to a lower level which I hope will take care of the problem...then again it might be a unrelated and could be a liver situation as he ordered a test for me. My BP has been jumping to a high of 140 plus and overnight drop below 100 that makes me very tired and light headed...could be something else...anyway hope your husband gets a good checkup. Steve

Old 11-14-2008, 10:29 AM

3,574 posts, read 14,340,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
Hubby going to the doctor today because his nose has been bleeding off and on for several weeks. Been told by some that it could be from high blood pressure. Has anyone had this problem?
could also be from dry mucous membranes in the nasal cavity or at the other extreme, a bleeding disorder. Good to be seen by PHP.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:10 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,690,410 times
Thanks for responding. The doctor wanted some blood work done but a couple of the tests she wanted we couldn't afford because they are VERY expensive and we have no medical insurance so we'll see what the results are on Monday. It all may be from the dry air where he work, no ventilation what so ever but he also had problems with his liver way back when so that is why she wante to have a test done to check his liver functions but it will just have to wait.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:56 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,552,455 times
Mine used to break out in bleeds big time for no apparent reasons, I was in an environment of lots o sand, rock dust really bad then had a lots o stress going on also BP was usually running high, I got away from the dust dropped my BP and haven’t had bleeds since so I came to the conclusion of stress, BP and dust caused it, mainly stress and BP.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:35 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,503,797 times
Allergies used to cause my grandsons spontaneous nosebleeds..

Old 11-14-2008, 10:22 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,444,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
Yes, high blood pressure....

Old 11-15-2008, 12:30 AM

175 posts, read 846,562 times
I have had nose bleeds on and off for years. Each time going to the ER to get them stopped as I could not get them to stop by myself. Saline sprays do not work as after a short while using them they start to dry the nose and the Dr. said stay off of them. I have been using neosporin or some kind of ointment and keeping my nose moistened with the ointment using a cotton swab. It works, but you must do it often and not allow your nose to dry out. The problem starts with the cold weather and the furnaces kicking in drying out the air.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:48 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,340,899 times
I used ot get really bad nose bleeds, though not from high BP (mostly untreated allergies). there was one week where I had them every days and had to call off from work b/c I kept rushing to the bathroom w/ blood dripping out of my nose (not a pleasant sight since I was working in a supermarket back then). it eventually got so bad, I needed to have a blood vessel in my nose chemically cauterized, which hurts like hell and I had to keep the gauze up there for several days. I'm not sure what they used, it was on a q-tip or something, but it BURNED!! since then, I really haven't had too many nose bleeds at all, so I'm wondering if there wasn't something wrong with that vessel that got healed (or maybe they've stopped since I've been treating my allergies)

Old 02-26-2012, 08:28 AM

1 posts, read 4,014 times
I have really low BP, and my nose has oozing blood for days now. D:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness