Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2011, 04:21 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,864,372 times

Advertisements

Nope, no ticks or even so much as a flea.

They did a lot of blood work up the other day and I'm scheduled for an MRI next week. The one thing the doctor did mention kind of makes sense though given the way my nerve endings seem to be not functioning...... he thinks that maybe the insulation that surrounds the nerves may be gone. It's kind of like stripping a wire. I get all kinds of weird electrical feelings in different parts of my body. It's like I'm getting shocked and it's several little shocks at a time in one spot and then it stops. I really don't feel like I want to be out in a thunderstorm w/ lightening, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 07:11 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,981,553 times
Have you recently gone off any antidepressants (don't feel like you have to answer me - just wanted you to know what I went through.) When I came off of Lexapro, even tapering off VERY slowly, I had horrible withdrawal symptoms for months. Headaches, a kind of dizziness that felt like electric shocks in my head and out to my hands and feet, disorientation, anxiety, fatigue. It was truly horrible. I couldn't turn my head without experiencing those shocks. For some people, coming off SSRI-type antidepressants can be very very difficult (Prozac and Paxil are two more SSRIs.) I am one of those people, and I will NEVER go back on one of them.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:24 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,012,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Nope, no ticks or even so much as a flea.

They did a lot of blood work up the other day and I'm scheduled for an MRI next week. The one thing the doctor did mention kind of makes sense though given the way my nerve endings seem to be not functioning...... he thinks that maybe the insulation that surrounds the nerves may be gone. It's kind of like stripping a wire. I get all kinds of weird electrical feelings in different parts of my body. It's like I'm getting shocked and it's several little shocks at a time in one spot and then it stops. I really don't feel like I want to be out in a thunderstorm w/ lightening, lol.

aka as MS. That's why they are doing an MRI

could be a weird viral infection, blood tests can't pick that up.

Old 05-29-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
Have you recently gone off any antidepressants (don't feel like you have to answer me - just wanted you to know what I went through.) When I came off of Lexapro, even tapering off VERY slowly, I had horrible withdrawal symptoms for months. Headaches, a kind of dizziness that felt like electric shocks in my head and out to my hands and feet, disorientation, anxiety, fatigue. It was truly horrible. I couldn't turn my head without experiencing those shocks. For some people, coming off SSRI-type antidepressants can be very very difficult (Prozac and Paxil are two more SSRIs.) I am one of those people, and I will NEVER go back on one of them.
Nope. Never been depressed a day in my life. I'm one of those happy go lucky types that is always smiling. Only meds I've been on have been for allergies and asthma. Don't even take much in the way of painkillers when I've had surgery.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:57 PM

5 posts, read 25,461 times
Im so relieved to finally hear of others who know what im experiencing. Im a 33yr old woman who feels trapped in an 90yr old body sometimes!
No one at all seems to know anything about adult parvo and the long term effects it can have..my doctor included, hence the reason i've had no helpful advise, information or treatment for it!
I was diagnosed with parvovirus nearly 2yrs ago after taking extremely ill whilst pregnant. I had all the usual symptoms of itching, rashes, painful joints but to most unimaginable degree. I broke my back 2 yrs prior to this but i can honestly say this was definately the most pain i have ever suffered in my life. I could barely walk, talk or even see propely. I actually thought I was on the road out..my fiance was carrying me to the toilet and took me to A&E 3 times in 5days but they did nothing to help. This ultimately resulted in the dealth of my unborn baby girl as I have since found out that with an earlier diagnosis they could have given me a blood transfusion and saved her....

Once the initial virus started to calm down and all my skin on my hands and feet peeled off!? strange I know! I begun to make a slow recovery and when I say slow I mean Im still recovering. I still have regular flare ups but they are decreasing at a slow rate and unfortunately for myself there is no such thing as a pain free day, just varying degrees of aches, pains and still also itching. I dont take any meds and have never been offered any but reading everyones posts has made me realise there is help available if u find the right doctor.
Thankyou everyone who has posted because this is the first time in 2yrs i realise im not alone...x

Old 05-30-2011, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Nope. Never been depressed a day in my life. I'm one of those happy go lucky types that is always smiling. Only meds I've been on have been for allergies and asthma. Don't even take much in the way of painkillers when I've had surgery.

You could have just said you were only on allergy and asthma meds. Being depressed or taking meds for it is nothing to be ashamed of.

Severe mania is considered a mental disorder. sociopath's smile all the time, I went to school with one.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:15 AM

5 posts, read 25,461 times
has anyone reading this thread went on to have a successful pregnancy after parvovirus. I still suffer flare up's now however have just recently found out im pregnant again and im naturally very worried as i lost my last baby due to parvo!!??? Very worried and doctors are completely hopeless.....

Old 06-03-2011, 09:53 AM

Whew!!!!!!!!!

Got an MRI. Clean What's causing it? A polyp, a large one, in my sinus cavity on the right side.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Whew!!!!!!!!!

Got an MRI. Clean What's causing it? A polyp, a large one, in my sinus cavity on the right side.

Doubtful

Many people have polyps in their sinus. I have one even, sometimes they cause trouble sometimes they don't. But they definitely do not cause the problems you are experiencing. Also MRI's always don't tell the whole story, it's just a tool.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:19 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-a View Post
has anyone reading this thread went on to have a successful pregnancy after parvovirus. I still suffer flare up's now however have just recently found out im pregnant again and im naturally very worried as i lost my last baby due to parvo!!??? Very worried and doctors are completely hopeless.....
It is unlikely that you are infected with live virus at this point. Your baby is most likely protected by the antibodies your body has made to the virus. The odds are that your baby will do fine!

You mentioned in an earlier post that you feel that the little girl you lost could have been saved by giving you a blood transfusion. That is not correct. If a pregnant woman has parvo and the fetus shows evidence of anemia on ultrasound, it is possible to transfuse the fetus in utero. But the baby has to get the transfusion, not mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness