Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 02:19 PM

2,618 posts, read 3,147,017 times

Advertisements

Greetings Hawaii! I've never yet had the privilege of visiting your beautiful state. I hope to make it there one day.

Question, if you guys aren't tired of hearing it. Is it true that the State of Hawaii issues 2 different types of birth certificates? I hear that one type is fully official & more detailed than the other & that the latter is often not accepted for official purposes.

Is this true? Is Barack Obama's document valid & legal or is he blowing smoke at us?

Thanks for any assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 02:28 PM

2,081 posts, read 5,596,327 times
Yeah, Obama's an alien, born on Mars. Give it a rest already.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:38 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,677,380 times
this is really for the politics section, but I'll bite.

hawaii like all the other 49 states issue 2 birth certificates. one is the original certificate issued at time of birth called the long form. The second is the short form and is a certified birth certificate. Prior to 1970 many birth long forms contained information the courts have said is personal and should not be relased. Some may have asked for religious affiliation, if registered voter, if parents looked poor, and even social security number. The short form is the legal document of all 50 states that meets the legal requirments for a birth record. The short form is what some call the green form because thats the color mnay use for birth records, just like purple for marriage and blue for deaths. this form is a legal birth certificate. because many old birth certificates contain personal info, many states pass law that say it can never be released except to the immediate family. Hawaii's short form is accepted by every other state, the US government, and most foreign governments as a legal official certificate of birth.

In some states you can't even get a copy of the original long form because they were destroyed when the info was moved to the computer short form. What would someone do if they were forced to only show a long form and it was destroyed? When I had to get my DOD security cleernce they asked for a copy of my birth certificate as proof of being born in the Us and the short form was all they needed.

as a side note, remeber the FBI and secret service said they physically examined the original long form and it was exact to t he short form so the issue is dead.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:28 PM

285 posts, read 1,082,858 times
I'll nibble on it too, then hope it dies off. I cant think of any other president who has ha so much attention drawn to a birth certificate. Do you think maybe because of his name, or perhaps his race? Neither of which should mean a damn thing in todays world. Nuf said.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:08 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,600,688 times
Birthers are either morons, deliberately ignorant, or hyperpartisan whackos.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:33 PM

77 posts, read 212,983 times
It's so sad that something that has brought so many people of different beliefs together has been turned into an excuse for insecure people with entirely too little of any real importance in their lives to put their focus and energy into such trivial gossip- and fear-mongering . "Some people" should be ashamed of themselves - they ought to go work in a homeless shelter or with abused children for a while if you want something to get riled up over

Old 04-28-2011, 05:45 AM

2,618 posts, read 3,147,017 times
Thanks for the info. This issue is 1st time I had heard of a state having "long form" and "short form" and never heard before that other states were same way.

True, to my knowledge, no other president has been asked this question. But all our others were well known to have been born in the US. Obama's mother was well known to have traveled to Kenya late in her pregnancy, hence the question came up.

Also, Obama's Kenyan grandmother was heard by some people to say that he was born in Kenya.

If any of these circumstances surrounded another candidate, the media would have been all over it. The media mostly gave BO a pass on it. They were some of his greatest campaigners. In fact, he didn't need a Monica, he had journalists all around.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:54 AM

4,918 posts, read 22,677,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
Thanks for the info. This issue is 1st time I had heard of a state having "long form" and "short form" and never heard before that other states were same way.

True, to my knowledge, no other president has been asked this question. But all our others were well known to have been born in the US. Obama's mother was well known to have traveled to Kenya late in her pregnancy, hence the question came up.

Also, Obama's Kenyan grandmother was heard by some people to say that he was born in Kenya.

If any of these circumstances surrounded another candidate, the media would have been all over it. The media mostly gave BO a pass on it. They were some of his greatest campaigners. In fact, he didn't need a Monica, he had journalists all around.
If this is first time your hearing about long form and short form, I feel sorry for you as an american. This is simple american citizen knowledge and those that don't know should be ashamed of themself for being the typical "Stupid American" when it come to knowing about america.

No other president has been asked to produce their LONG FORM birth certificate because no other president was BLACK. If it was a white guy from Hawaii there would not have been a birth issue.

Nobody gave Obama a pass, they tried everything to say he was not american citizen born in amaerica. I'll tell you what alkl this said to me. It said we the people of the US other than Hawaii don;t trust Hawaii goverment to be honest, truthful, and accurate in their official records. We the people of the other 49 true United States think Hawaii and Hawaiiians are cheaters and lyers so we don't belive their official papers. This was not only about people accusuing Obama if not being a american born citizen. This was about the others saying WE DON'T TRUST HAWAII!

This is not abouit Hawaii douments only, its saying Hawaii and her residents are untruthful, lying second class citizens who the rest of the USA don't have to honor. What's next you visit Texas or Iowa and your told your Hawaii Drivers licnese is no good? You go to Florida and they won't let you be considered a married husband wife becasue they dont trust your Hawaii marriage licnese? You can;t get a job because they won;t accept the degree from Hawaii schools?

Hawaii is not a thrid world foreign county, she is part of the United Strates and if Arizona or any other states won't accept Hawaii official, certified, stamped & sealed ocuments, don't accept theirs!!!!!

I'm asking all Hawaii citizens to contact their governor and state elected leaders to pass a bill that if ANY state (like arizona tried to do) will not accept Hawaii official, certified, state sealed & stamped, documents, that Hawaii should not accept the other states documents. All Arizona was doing is saying "Hawaii documents can't be trusted, their governor can't be trusted, their director of health can't be trusted, the whole states's official documents can't be trusted" Well can't two play that game?

Hawaii citizens stand up and demand that other states respect the state of Hawaii.

YOU ARE NOT SECOND CLASS CITIZENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by PacificFlights; 04-28-2011 at 09:06 AM..

Old 04-28-2011, 10:46 AM

351 posts, read 586,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
If this is first time your hearing about long form and short form, I feel sorry for you as an american. This is simple american citizen knowledge and those that don't know should be ashamed of themself for being the typical "Stupid American" when it come to knowing about america.

No other president has been asked to produce their LONG FORM birth certificate because no other president was BLACK. If it was a white guy from Hawaii there would not have been a birth issue.

Nobody gave Obama a pass, they tried everything to say he was not american citizen born in amaerica. I'll tell you what alkl this said to me. It said we the people of the US other than Hawaii don;t trust Hawaii goverment to be honest, truthful, and accurate in their official records. We the people of the other 49 true United States think Hawaii and Hawaiiians are cheaters and lyers so we don't belive their official papers. This was not only about people accusuing Obama if not being a american born citizen. This was about the others saying WE DON'T TRUST HAWAII!

This is not abouit Hawaii douments only, its saying Hawaii and her residents are untruthful, lying second class citizens who the rest of the USA don't have to honor. What's next you visit Texas or Iowa and your told your Hawaii Drivers licnese is no good? You go to Florida and they won't let you be considered a married husband wife becasue they dont trust your Hawaii marriage licnese? You can;t get a job because they won;t accept the degree from Hawaii schools?

Hawaii is not a thrid world foreign county, she is part of the United Strates and if Arizona or any other states won't accept Hawaii official, certified, stamped & sealed ocuments, don't accept theirs!!!!!

I'm asking all Hawaii citizens to contact their governor and state elected leaders to pass a bill that if ANY state (like arizona tried to do) will not accept Hawaii official, certified, state sealed & stamped, documents, that Hawaii should not accept the other states documents. All Arizona was doing is saying "Hawaii documents can't be trusted, their governor can't be trusted, their director of health can't be trusted, the whole states's official documents can't be trusted" Well can't two play that game?

Hawaii citizens stand up and demand that other states respect the state of Hawaii.

YOU ARE NOT SECOND CLASS CITIZENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bravo!!

Old 04-28-2011, 11:20 AM

4,131 posts, read 7,442,101 times
Exactly PacificFlights. A lot of people don't realize Hawaii is even a state... I've heard people HERE say "the states" to refer to the mainland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii