Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 07:56 PM

117 posts, read 344,649 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Just currious,

I have noticed that in Hawaii, there have been many high office holders from both the GOP (Lingle) and the Democrats.

Just currious:

1. What type of people in Hawaii are part of the Hawaii Democratic party in terms of ethnicity and demographics and areas of influence?

2. What type of people in Hawaii tend to be part of the Hawaii Republican party in terms of ethnicity and demographics?

What are the ideologies of the local parties like?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 12:49 AM

1,730 posts, read 3,817,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevechang103 View Post
I have noticed that in Hawaii, there have been many high office holders from both the GOP (Lingle) and the Democrats.
Huh? I don't know what you've read about Hawaii politics so far, but a close approximation for the 2013 legislative session is:
1 Republican State Senator vs 24 Democrats
7 Republican State Representatives vs 44 Democrats

The current Governor, 2 Senators, and 2 Representatives are all Democrats. The incoming Senator is a Democrat.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:57 PM

48,581 posts, read 34,994,809 times
Republicans: about 25 people in the state

Democrats: everyone else

Old 12-21-2012, 05:45 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,077,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCity View Post
Huh? I don't know what you've read about Hawaii politics so far, but a close approximation for the 2013 legislative session is:
1 Republican State Senator vs 24 Democrats
7 Republican State Representatives vs 44 Democrats

The current Governor, 2 Senators, and 2 Representatives are all Democrats. The incoming Senator is a Democrat.
No wonder the economy is in a mess.

Those sorts of ratios and corresponding economic malaise are found elsewhere, as is the reverse.

I'm convined that people think that more of what has made things bad, will suddenly make it better.

If a six-pack gets you drunk, a whole case will sober you up, so to speak.

Doesn't work.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:38 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,490,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
This discussion is about the political demographics of Hawai'i. Political opinions, per the TOS, belong in the Politics and Other Controversies forum.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:46 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,077,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
This discussion is about the political demographics of Hawai'i. Political opinions, per the TOS, belong in the Politics and Other Controversies forum.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:56 PM

5,637 posts, read 6,528,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post

Those sorts of ratios and corresponding economic malaise are found elsewhere, as is the reverse.

I'm convined that people think that more of what has made things bad, will suddenly make it better.

If a six-pack gets you drunk, a whole case will sober you up, so to speak.

Doesn't work.
Yay! Donkey Kong!

Old 12-24-2012, 12:47 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,834,166 times
Yeah, we definitely need more of what's taking place in D.C. with the split congress and execs!

Old 12-24-2012, 03:38 PM

1,730 posts, read 3,817,379 times
Many of us in Hawaii are taking the time to give our hearts a chance to mourn the passing of well respected Senator Daniel Inouye. He served Hawaii in Congress from 1963-2012.

Quote:
About a thousand people, from President Obama and members of Congress to World War II veterans and everyday citizens, gathered at the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific to bid aloha to Sen. Daniel Inouye at services Sunday morning.
Quote:
The unit [442nd Regimental Combat Team] became one of the most decorated to serve in World War II, producing 21 Medal of Honor recipients, including Inouye, who was laid to rest with full military honors at a service at the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific on Sunday.
Aloha Senator Danny Inouye!

Old 12-25-2012, 09:33 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,229,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevechang103 View Post
Hello,

Just currious,

Just currious:

1. What type of people in Hawaii are part of the Hawaii Democratic party in terms of ethnicity and demographics and areas of influence?

2. What type of people in Hawaii tend to be part of the Hawaii Republican party in terms of ethnicity and demographics?

What are the ideologies of the local parties like?

Thanks
As no one is interested in answering your question, you can go to this site which gives the names and photos of members of the Hawaii legislature, and that will give you some idea about the ethnicity part of your query.

Hawaii State Legislature
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii