Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:21 PM

2,622 posts, read 3,150,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
If this is first time your hearing about long form and short form, I feel sorry for you as an american. This is simple american citizen knowledge and those that don't know should be ashamed of themself for being the typical "Stupid American" when it come to knowing about america.

No other president has been asked to produce their LONG FORM birth certificate because no other president was BLACK. If it was a white guy from Hawaii there would not have been a birth issue.

Nobody gave Obama a pass, they tried everything to say he was not american citizen born in amaerica. I'll tell you what alkl this said to me. It said we the people of the US other than Hawaii don;t trust Hawaii goverment to be honest, truthful, and accurate in their official records. We the people of the other 49 true United States think Hawaii and Hawaiiians are cheaters and lyers so we don't belive their official papers. This was not only about people accusuing Obama if not being a american born citizen. This was about the others saying WE DON'T TRUST HAWAII!

This is not abouit Hawaii douments only, its saying Hawaii and her residents are untruthful, lying second class citizens who the rest of the USA don't have to honor. What's next you visit Texas or Iowa and your told your Hawaii Drivers licnese is no good? You go to Florida and they won't let you be considered a married husband wife becasue they dont trust your Hawaii marriage licnese? You can;t get a job because they won;t accept the degree from Hawaii schools?

Hawaii is not a thrid world foreign county, she is part of the United Strates and if Arizona or any other states won't accept Hawaii official, certified, stamped & sealed ocuments, don't accept theirs!!!!!

I'm asking all Hawaii citizens to contact their governor and state elected leaders to pass a bill that if ANY state (like arizona tried to do) will not accept Hawaii official, certified, state sealed & stamped, documents, that Hawaii should not accept the other states documents. All Arizona was doing is saying "Hawaii documents can't be trusted, their governor can't be trusted, their director of health can't be trusted, the whole states's official documents can't be trusted" Well can't two play that game?

Hawaii citizens stand up and demand that other states respect the state of Hawaii.

YOU ARE NOT SECOND CLASS CITIZENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've used copies of my birth certificate all my life for various purposes and have worked in offices where I used info from certificates of customers. No literature ever printed made mention of a short and long form, so can the insults.

Take a few chill pills and drink a fifth of your favorite liquor to calm yourself down here. I said nothing insulting to Hawaii and meant no insult to its citizens. Me thinks you have a hair trigger. Does your family walk on eggshells around you? Do people cross the street when they see you coming?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 01:23 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,602,261 times
Quote:
If this is first time your hearing about long form and short form, I feel sorry for you as an american.
I have a passport, and have never heard of a "long form" or a "short form" birth certificate until all this birther nonsense. When they ask for my birth certificate, I give them my birth certificate. End of discussion.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:51 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,685,783 times
The reason that nobody every had to deal, or know about, with long forms and short forms is untill Obama was running for president, nobody every Questioned the validaty of another state's official, certified, embossed seal douments. Many amaricans only have the short form because that's what their state issues when you request a copy of your birth record. To them that's their birth certificate and its never been questioned. Many states don;t even have ciopies of the long form any longer due to destruction when they went electronic or because of damage to the documents.

Why is it that nobody questions other states short forms? The US governement accepts short forms as proof of being a natural born amaerican. The DOD accept short forms as legal douments, everyone accepts short forms as legal official douments. Not accepting Hawaii's short form is questinoning Hawaii as being an honest, law abiding and rightious people. They are questioning Hawaii's truthfullness!

For some things, the long form isn;t acceptable (the US dept of justice issued a report after 9-11 that basically said that most long form birth records are unacceptab;e because they were not "official" "certified" or "state seal embossed". Many were just some old copy that had no official seal. When that Seal is embossed on the douments and a signed certification as to its accurarcy and truthfullness is on it, that's what makes it real. That is what Hawaii issued just like many other states do everyday when asked for a copy of a bitrth record.

Hawaiians need to forget about the form, but look at what questioning their legal official douments are saying about how others view Hawaii as a State. They are saying to you that you can not be trusted to be honest. they are saying that you are not equal to them.

Stand up and fight to be a First Class and EQUAL citizen of the United States and for all others to accept Hawaii's official legal douments as truthful just like those states whan Hawaii to do with their douments.

What do you think Arizona would do if you showed up to get a Hawaii drivers licnese and instead of accepting your official drivers license, Hawaii asked for a copy of the original application with drivers test scores? Arrizona would pitch a fit! What if someone went to get married on Hawaii and when they presneted an official Arizona short form birth certificate with raised seal and certification, Hawaii said they wanted a long form version? Arizona would get up in arms.

This is not about Obama, long forms, short forms, or anything but this: Hawaii's official legal douments need to be accepted by other states just like they demand Hawaii do for their douments! You don;t trust Hawaii, than Hawaii shouldn't trust them!

Last edited by PacificFlights; 04-28-2011 at 03:33 PM..

Old 04-28-2011, 03:31 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,574,655 times
We're a state???? Mannnn,,,, the stuff I must have,,,, uuuurrrrpppp,,,, scuze me,, missed!!!!!!!

Aloha from the Territory of Hawaii

(don't ya kind of wish)

Old 04-28-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
The reason that nobody every had to deal, or know about, with long forms and short forms is untill Obama was running for president, nobody every Questioned the validaty of another state's official, certified, embossed seal douments. Many amaricans only have the short form because that's what their state issues when you request a copy of your birth record. To them that's their birth certificate and its never been questioned. Many states don;t even have ciopies of the long form any longer due to destruction when they went electronic or because of damage to the documents.

Why is it that nobody questions other states short forms? The US governement accepts short forms as proof of being a natural born amaerican. The DOD accept short forms as legal douments, everyone accepts short forms as legal official douments. Not accepting Hawaii's short form is questinoning Hawaii as being an honest, law abiding and rightious people. They are questioning Hawaii's truthfullness!

For some things, the long form isn;t acceptable (the US dept of justice issued a report after 9-11 that basically said that most long form birth records are unacceptab;e because they were not "official" "certified" or "state seal embossed". Many were just some old copy that had no official seal. When that Seal is embossed on the douments and a signed certification as to its accurarcy and truthfullness is on it, that's what makes it real. That is what Hawaii issued just like many other states do everyday when asked for a copy of a bitrth record.

Hawaiians need to forget about the form, but look at what questioning their legal official douments are saying about how others view Hawaii as a State. They are saying to you that you can not be trusted to be honest. they are saying that you are not equal to them.

Stand up and fight to be a First Class and EQUAL citizen of the United States and for all others to accept Hawaii's official legal douments as truthful just like those states whan Hawaii to do with their douments.

What do you think Arizona would do if you showed up to get a Hawaii drivers licnese and instead of accepting your official drivers license, Hawaii asked for a copy of the original application with drivers test scores? Arrizona would pitch a fit! What if someone went to get married on Hawaii and when they presneted an official Arizona short form birth certificate with raised seal and certification, Hawaii said they wanted a long form version? Arizona would get up in arms.

This is not about Obama, long forms, short forms, or anything but this: Hawaii's official legal douments need to be accepted by other states just like they demand Hawaii do for their douments! You don;t trust Hawaii, than Hawaii shouldn't trust them!
It's a small band of fizzing, rabid, mindless, blind partisan racists...why do the media even give them a forum? They are embarrassing...the "stupid American" in full bloom.

Old 04-28-2011, 04:54 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,262,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
If any of these circumstances surrounded another candidate, the media would have been all over it. The media mostly gave BO a pass on it. They were some of his greatest campaigners. In fact, he didn't need a Monica, he had journalists all around.
Back in 2008, the media didn't raise too much of a stink about John McCain's birth in the "Panama Canal Zone."
McCain's Birth Abroad Stirs Legal Debate - washingtonpost.com

I wonder what the "birthers" would have done if McCain were elected POTUS instead of Obama.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
Back in 2008, the media didn't raise too much of a stink about John McCain's birth in the "Panama Canal Zone."
McCain's Birth Abroad Stirs Legal Debate - washingtonpost.com

I wonder what the "birthers" would have done if McCain were elected POTUS instead of Obama.
Nothing, but there would have been zealots on the left who would have been "birthers" too...just because this is where our political "discussion" has sunk to. What compels the media to give audience to such morons? Ratings?

Old 04-28-2011, 09:08 PM

2,622 posts, read 3,150,883 times
Quote:

You have yourself all worked up over nothing. Please take those chill pills and drink that fifth, no make it a half gallon. If you're still hyperventilating after that, breathe into a paper bag & that will help you calm down a little further. Put on some soothing jazz or classical music & shut out the world for an hour.

As I remember, the issue 1st came up around election time and it was said by someone that Hawaii issued 2 forms of birth certificates & the "short form" was not one that was generally accepted for business, even in Hawaii. I had not heard of that situation before and I formerly worked in a business that used birth & death certificates from many states. That is why I posted the question. I was not throwing insults at the State of Hawaii or its citizens We were given wrong information apparently. I remember posting the question on some other forum back at election time and got no replies.

I am fully aware that Hawaii is a US state, not a foreign country. Hawaii and Alaska both became states in 1959. I never said otherwise and never said Hawaii's official documents could not be trusted. I asked a question about an issue that may have been peculiar to Hawaii. States can vary widely on how various functions are carried out. For example, some states for a long time did not put photos on driver's licenses. Not sure about present day. Most states require license tags only on the rear of a car, but a few require them front and rear. Some states allow no gambling, some only certain types, Nevada allows any form of it, last time I checked. States can vary widely on many other procedures & issues, too many to count here.

I thought I posted the question with a very polite and friendly greeting. I did indicate I was not an Obama fan but why would I insult Hawaii just because he came from there? I would not vote for many of the politicians in my own state of North Carolina.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:25 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,447,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
it was said by someone that Hawaii issued 2 forms of birth certificates & the "short form" was not one that was generally accepted for business, even in Hawaii.
That person was dead wrong. The so called "short form" IS the official document that every state I'm aware of issues, and it is good for passports, and any other legal purpose, etc. More correctly it should be called the "official copy," because most states give you no other choice. And it bears the embossed seal of the state that issued it.

The "long form" is the original hand signed form filed by the delivering doctor. Once it is filed with the state Health Department, the info goes into a computer database, from which official copies are printed. You don't get a photocopy of the original, you get a computer printout, which is then embossed to make it official.

So much nonsense over nothing!

Old 04-28-2011, 10:49 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,038,603 times
He may not have been born in the United States, WHEN was he born? Was it prior to 1959? If so, he could be a "Terratorian" and have been born in the Territory of Hawaii. Which, even then, is still part of the U.S. isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii