Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 07:09 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,162,591 times

Advertisements

I have always had long hair. When I was 6 it was pass my knees. Today it is about at the grin under my cheeks (not the cheeks on my face )
My husband hair has always been his personality. It was shoulder length and full. Although it has stopped growing and began falling out.
My son (17) goes thru phazes. He grows his hair out about 12 inches, shaves it off and donates in to "Locks of Love", an organization that collects hair to make wigs for children with cancer.
I am considering cutting my hair, but it has always been "ME" , "to cut or not to cut" that is the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2006, 07:25 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,680,349 times
I have long hair always have, when I met my husband he had long hair, but he was in his 20's now he keeps it short, my daughter has long hair as does one of my boys, he is kind of a surfer type which is funny since we are in AZ.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:09 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,992,843 times
I used to have it to my shoulders when I was 18. I have bright red hair with waves when it's longer and it looked just like Rocky Dennis from Mask..(the hair, not the face ). Then I went into bootcamp and buzzzzzzzzzzzzz....hair gone But, I got used to it and after I got out of the navy I tried to let it grow again, but I couldn't stand it. So I kept it very short until this year when I let it reach my shoulders again as I took a year off from work (banking), let my beard grow, and got all scruffed out which as a banker being Mr. Cleancut for so many years I couldn't do. But I got tired of it. It's too much trouble. So I went to Supercuts and said "#1" on the side, cut top to fit". I walked out of there feeling ten pounds lighter. Now it's very short again with the bristle feel if I run my hand up the back of my head and I like it much better and I shaved back to cleancut. But it was fun being a rebel again...if even for only six to eight months

Old 10-16-2006, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I used to have it to my shoulders when I was 18. I have bright red hair with waves when it's longer and it looked just like Rocky Dennis from Mask..(the hair, not the face ). Then I went into bootcamp and buzzzzzzzzzzzzz....hair gone But, I got used to it and after I got out of the navy I tried to let it grow again, but I couldn't stand it. So I kept it very short until this year when I let it reach my shoulders again as I took a year off from work (banking), let my beard grow, and got all scruffed out which as a banker being Mr. Cleancut for so many years I couldn't do. But I got tired of it. It's too much trouble. So I went to Supercuts and said "#1" on the side, cut top to fit". I walked out of there feeling ten pounds lighter. Now it's very short again with the bristle feel if I run my hand up the back of my head and I like it much better and I shaved back to cleancut. But it was fun being a rebel again...if even for only six to eight months

Personally, I LOVE running my fingers thru a mans hair !
With my husbands hair thinning out, he says if he is to cut it he will shave it clean, as in Mr. Clean . That will take some adjustment, but I'll love him just the same.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:40 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,494,957 times
I always had hair to my bra strap, or right above it. It is curly. then my sister-in-law and mother-in-law started talking about how outdated it looked (like 80s perm). i didn't tease it or anything so don't think 80s! SO I succumbed (sp) and got it cut and now it is about to my chin curly. No, not like Bozo the clown or Carrot Top the comedian (my hair is red, but not short curls)...but I miss my length However, it might stay short because the in between length while growing it out I hate!

Old 10-16-2006, 09:42 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,049,850 times
I always loved long hair!
I had long, long blonde hair all through my youth.
Now I am 51 and have dishwater blonde hair that I recently cut fairly short, jawline. I'm not thrilled with it, it looks so sensible and matronly...but I feel too old to have hippie-like hair.
I might compromise and let it grow down to just brush my shoulders, the way I had it before.
My husband still has gorgeous thick hair, brown turning grey.
My sons wear their hair short, one of them practically has a buzz cut.
It seems sad to have such short hair when you might not have any hair at all later in life, but to each his own.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:56 AM

My hair is straight. It is somewhat comforting to me. It is very manageable for me. When I want it long ,I wear it down, and when I'm tired of it, I tie it in a knot on top of my head. I HAD a nice light brown color until the greys started creeping up. Now I have it frosted so the grey blends a bit more. My hair is very healthy.
I always said that I would be buried with my long hair flowing. Every now and then I think about cutting it, but you don't see a whole lot of really long hair anymore.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:11 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,252,465 times
My childhood was filled with "Pixie Cuts" and the dreaded Dorothy Hamil cut . My late teen/early adult hair was permed, colored, cut (the dreaded 80's).

Now, my hair sits right about the middle of the small of my back. It is its natural reddish brown, with some alarming silver creeping in. I get my ends trimmed once a year.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:45 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,200,309 times
When I was a young rebel I used to have it long, sometimes in a ponytail. Over the years when one matures you see how silly that is. I always keep it short the barber calls it a "3" all over that is about 1/4" all over MoMark, I have that brissle feel on the back of my neck too

I believe men should have short hair and women with long hair. I think a woman with long, at least to the middle of her back, black hair is very attractive. My wife has it just below her waist. and I love it!!

Old 10-16-2006, 11:05 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,992,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
When I was a young rebel I used to have it long, sometimes in a ponytail. Over the years when one matures you see how silly that is. I always keep it short the barber calls it a "3" all over that is about 1/4" all over MoMark, I have that brissle feel on the back of my neck too

I believe men should have short hair and women with long hair. I think a woman with long, at least to the middle of her back, black hair is very attractive. My wife has it just below her waist. and I love it!!
I agree Marks I think my hair is even shorter than yours though if you're using a 3! I get one around the sides and back now and you can see my scalp through it when it's fresh, but they cut the top to fit. I like it because it takes a drop of shampoo to clean and feels clean when I'm done showering.

Last edited by MoMark; 10-16-2006 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: add
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care