Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 01:26 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,345,689 times

Advertisements

Well, I always had long blonde hair. It used to have it's own natural curl and wave--I was one of the girls who had to sleep with my hair rolled around orange juice cans to achieve the perfect look. When puberty set in, my blonde hair darkened some and I started lightening it.
Now I live in Florida and trying to have the perfect do is a thing of the past. If my hair isn't in a ponytail, it's twisted in a clip. I like to keep it shoulder length now so the clip doesn't get too heavy. Where I used to try and lighten my hair, now I'd actually prefer it had a little bit of color, but here in Florida it stays almost platinum--I can't keep any color in it for love nor money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2006, 05:01 PM

313 posts, read 838,218 times
My hair is past my bottom. It is very very thick and heavy..gives me headaches some times. I plan to donate it to Locks of Love. Even if I cut off 12" to give to them, it will still reach my bra strap. My hubby likes that since he doesn't want me to cut it.

My hubby has a high and tight. He does not like it any longer and I don't either.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:54 AM

2,815 posts, read 13,029,066 times
This pic my neighbor took in May as we spotted a hawk diving in the field in front of us when I was still presentable...the hair got much longer until it was driving me nuts. It's super short now...but here it was on it's march!
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r199/MoMark/HairOutside.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by MoMark; 10-17-2006 at 12:26 PM..

Old 10-17-2006, 01:06 PM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,177,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
This pic my neighbor took in May as we spotted a hawk diving in the field in front of us when I was still presentable...the hair got much longer until it was driving me nuts. It's super short now...but here it was on it's march!
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r199/MoMark/Hair
Outside.jpg (broken link)
Wow what a beautiful color ! Looks like lots of body to it also. Nice head of hair!!

Old 10-17-2006, 01:20 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,807,946 times
I'm in my late 50's -- a real baby boomer -- and I still have long blonde hair that I tie back in a pony tail -- in a way, it's sort of that Mary of Peter, Paul and Mary look....but every time I cut it, I just seem to let it grow back. And I agree, a guy with long hair is very appealing -- I don't like that fresh, chopped look on a guy's head!

Old 10-17-2006, 06:12 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,351,250 times
MoMark, I tried for 20 years to get my hair that color. I managed to get all sorts of interesting colors, but never that one (heavy sigh).

Old 10-17-2006, 06:35 PM

2,815 posts, read 13,029,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
MoMark, I tried for 20 years to get my hair that color. I managed to get all sorts of interesting colors, but never that one (heavy sigh).
grins...what's ironic Evey is I hated it from childhood all the way through young adulthood!!! Like youth is wasted on the young, red hair is wasted on young men I think. I just didn't like it. My mother, sister, four of my first cousins, both of my grandmothers and one grandfather are or were redheads, even my dad, who's a blond, has a red mustache and beard. And my sister's daughter Samantha has gorgeous red hair with gold streaming through it. I like it now. I got hit from all sides and I wasn't a happy camper about it as a youth. Now I'm fine with and like it, but I'm 43 now and white is creeping into my sideburns. The thing with length though was that I started growing it out in March and then by May it was the length in the picture, but by late September it had gone completely wild, was way tooooo long in uncontrollable waves brushing my shoulders and just a pain in the %$#@, and no longer provided a sense of novelty after 24 years of very short hair as I'd had before. Now I'm back to buzzcut

Old 10-17-2006, 07:05 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,701,612 times
I'm 37 and my hair (brunette) is almost down to the middle of my back. Thought about cutting it ...but hubby likes it. It's my last link to youth too!!

Old 10-17-2006, 07:57 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,442,067 times
My hair is long, for me, which isn't really saying much. It's not loose and flowing down to my shoulders or anything, but rather, just a lot of hair on my head. I generally keep my hair very short but I've become very lazy with haircuts the past few years where I'll usually shave off most of my hair (oftentimes doing it myself), then just let it grow back in for anywhere from 4-8 months, then shave again. I'm reaching the end of a "grow cycle" at the moment and will be shaving it off again soon. I would have a week or two ago but I'm accompanying a friend to a wedding next weekend and she doesn't like the way I look with little to no hair so I'll cut it afterwards. In fact, I'm actually the ONLY person who likes the way I look with little hair.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:00 AM

502 posts, read 2,302,589 times
Generally, I wear my hair long because I can't stand to hear my mother, my sister and my brother complaining whenever I cut it short! Right now it is past my shoulders. I am letting it grow now cause my mother's complaining is killing me.

When I was pregnant with my 4 year old, I was siting on my hair!!!! I couldn't stand it but everybody loved it. My hair is very healthy and shiny so I guess they like seeing that kind of hair in abundance. I prefer it long but not as long as everyone else does. Really long hair always makes me think of cousin IT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care