Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 02:29 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,623,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Fox, that was a lot of information ... !
Yeah, just a little bit more than we needed, bless her heart! Though I certainly rejoice at her sense of freedom. Simplicity, isn't that what Ralph Waldo Emerson advocated? Or, was that Thoreau? Good gracious, I'm going to have to go back and do some reading. But, I think it was Emerson...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 06:57 AM

3 posts, read 7,912 times
My hair is long, black and thick.

It has become a part of my life....

Old 10-02-2008, 09:41 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,021,362 times
Well, MY stupid hair has begun to take on a life of its own! I have always had very straight, blondish hair (I am now 62 years old, as of yesterday) and I still keep it long...but over the past couple of years the hair on the back of my head has begun to grow wavy! So now I have straight, sleek hair on top and the sides and in the back it's the Bride of Frankenstein! If I cut it short it's going to look like I'm wearing a merkin on the back of my head (look it up if you don't know what a merkin is), but with it long I resemble Roseanne Rosannadanna from the rear (but not in front!) Has anyone else had this weird happening?

Old 10-02-2008, 10:04 AM

809 posts, read 2,885,073 times
I go thru phases also. I had my hair halfway down my back and then decided to get a short bob cut (I regretted it only for the simple fact that it made my face loko fat, next time I want to do a short cut I'm NOT doing a bob! :P)

I'm growing out that hideous bob cut right now, I duno if I want my hair THAT long again (cuz it IS such a pain to take care of) But I definitely want it about shoulder lengthish

Old 10-02-2008, 04:24 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,214,257 times
Have medium long (below the shoulders) mocha blonde hair - the real color is dark brown with shades of gray at the temples - we'll never see the real color again! In the summer I gel it and wear it curly - I've learned it's useless to fight Florida's humidity in the summer. In winter I blow dry it straight. I used to hate my curly hair, but with all the great products available today - I have the best of both worlds and I actually enjoy it.

I doubt I will ever have short hair. Tried that a few years ago because I got it in my head that short hair looked more polished and professional. It looked HORRIBLE on me and I had clerks asking if I qualified for the SENIOR discount!!!! That was 7 years ago. I grew my hair long again and no one has asked me that since.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:33 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
I never wanted long hair. When it gets too long, it's time to cut it, and if that means me taking a razor or pair of scissors to my locks, so be it.

I can't stand having "long hair". (My definition may vary from yours.)

Old 10-03-2008, 11:38 AM

562 posts, read 2,403,969 times
I have dark brown hair past my shoulders that I color for gray coverage. I had been pretty happy with it until recently, when I lost a whole bunch due to a health scare my mom had. Mom is fine,thankfully, but my scalp got the memo a little too late. A whole lot fell out.

My hair is fine in texture, and now that there is less of it, I must admit it looks a little straggly. I know I should cut it, but I can't right now. I feel longish hair is my best look, so I sympathize with all the posters who know its probably time for a real cut, but aren't able to do it. I feel like if I really cut it this time, that's probably it for the long hair.

Like lots of women, I keep it long for the bedroom when I know it would look better shorter for the light of day.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:48 PM

A little longer than this

Old 10-03-2008, 04:26 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
Merkin. LOL!!!! I looked it up on Wikipedia and they have a picture. Now, my question is ... where can I buy a merkin???

Old 10-03-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Merkin. LOL!!!! I looked it up on Wikipedia and they have a picture. Now, my question is ... where can I buy a merkin???
I think, just like any other wig, you have to get fitted...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care