Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 04:06 PM

23 posts, read 26,822 times

Advertisements

Starbucks No Gun Policy - YouTube

I still carry CCW in Starbucks. I don't see them as anti gun, when people go over the top to make a point that interferes with their ability to make money. Stupid gun owners do more damage than good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 04:27 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,121,714 times
My kind of gun owner!

Old 09-28-2013, 06:32 PM

23 posts, read 26,822 times
Yep, I support open carry, but to do it just to draw attention in a way that causes people to become afraid and then make them anti gun does nothing for our cause. As I said before, just WTF did Ted Nugent blowing off a 50 cal Browning saying Janet Renio you can Ride this you witch do for our cause but make people who are uneducated about guns or gun owners recoil in horror and feel they now understand why we need to ban guns? Not one darn thing.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:19 PM

12,113 posts, read 23,354,282 times
Unfortunately, I think a lot of open carry people just do it to get a reaction or are hoping for someone to challenge/confront them.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:07 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,636,744 times
Although I have no Starbucks near me I have been ordering my coffee from them, spending at least thirty dollars per month. They've seen my last dollar.

There can be no compromise with antigunners; we can't forgive and forget. I'll go back to the place that has Mocha coffee from Yemen, a country Starbucks has boycotted for several years. I'll go back to drinking the best. Let's cost them some money.

Last edited by Happy in Wyoming; 09-28-2013 at 09:18 PM..

Old 09-29-2013, 01:34 AM

10,370 posts, read 8,617,689 times
People who have seen my posts know I am extremely pro gun. But everything this guy said makes rational common sense. I don't condone every single thing gun owners do as I believe it just sometimes fuels the controversies.

But the same common sense needs to be applied by people who are anti gun too. If this all happened I think we'd all preserve our gun rights and the antis would be more understanding.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:26 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,426,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
Unfortunately, I think a lot of open carry people just do it to get a reaction or are hoping for someone to challenge/confront them.
To add/
I look at it as akin to the loud pipe Harley crowd, basically a look at me arent i special type of attitude.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:42 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,206,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
People who have seen my posts know I am extremely pro gun. But everything this guy said makes rational common sense. I don't condone every single thing gun owners do as I believe it just sometimes fuels the controversies.

But the same common sense needs to be applied by people who are anti gun too. If this all happened I think we'd all preserve our gun rights and the antis would be more understanding.
As the guy in your video states, these pro-gun people who expect Starbucks to bow down the them and let them walk in with a boatload of rifles are idiots. No common sense. These folks are creating their own enemies. No one wants to be friends with an idiot.

I'm all for carrying guns. But don't be stupid about it.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:48 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,362,242 times
Starbucks was somewhat gun tolerant until people got stupid and started the " in your face " tactics . Then the T-shirts and signs with the modified Starbucks logo appeared . As long as they were off of the radar screen everything was ok , but they reacted like a lot of businesses would when things got out of hand . I'm pretty sure they would have rather stay out of the controversy and just sell coffee .

Old 10-04-2013, 06:16 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,920,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post

I hate to drop this on you but Anti's will never be "understanding"..... Thats why they're anti's. Nothing but a bunch of radical zealots in that crowd that are incapable of reason and logic, which becomes clearly evident after examining the type of legislation they propose and the uselesness it brings with it. They have one goal, and that is to irradicate the world of what ever it is they are "anti" about, whether it be guns, smoking, or a whole host of other things. They will do this by whatever means necessary. They will lie and decieve, they will use trickey, they'll employ scare tactics..... whatever they have to. They do this, because many or even most, genuienly believe they are soldiers for the greater good of humanity, and in the end, their actions will be justified. Take all these stories we've been hearing lately about kids being suspended from school for forming poptarts in to the shape of a gun, wearing NRA t-shirts, pointing their finger like a gun, etc. We just dismiss it as a lapse in judgement on the school officials part. No common sense, or some other excuse. Thats NOT what it is. It's quite deliberate I assure you, and is all part of a calculated effort not only to irradicate irresponsible gun ownership/use/handling., but even the healthy gun culture that runs deep in America now and all through our past. It's indoctrination is what it is. Indoctrination of our children. It's intent in part is to make even the mere sight of a gun unpalatable, and to paint the picture of responsible gun ownership as a radical endeaver. I personaly don't have much use for The Bible, maybe you do, and thats ok. There is much to gain within it's pages when not taken too entirely literaly. One verse comes to mind, paraphrasing of course " don''t throw your pearls to swine" The anti's are swine, so don't waste your time on them.

It's the moderates we need to concentrate our efforts on, the fence sitters. There minds are not yet closed, and are still open to argument. When some fool walks through downtown seattle with an AR on his back just to "make a point" it's no surprise which side of the fence a lot of these moderates will fall on.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 10-04-2013 at 07:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting