Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 06:43 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,947,411 times

Advertisements

Open carry is just like the fool who walks around with a knife on their belt, someone waiting to be a victim. Yeah, all those trained OC people who when it comes time to dance are more vulnerable to the sucker punch than everyone else. Imagine the criminal who looks around and see the OC person. Who gets it first? The OC and there isn't a darn thing the OC can do about it. They aren't going to stand off at ten paces and draw down on you, they'll walk up behind you as you reach for the sugar and ring your bell. Then they'll take that gun away from you, yes, prying it from your cold dead fingers and laughing the whole time.

It doesn't matter how much training you have, you are walking around engaged in life activities, not at work where you are enforcing laws and expecting something to happen. A hot woman walks by and yeah right, you don't look. You turn back and socko, your face is a bloody mess and you are already finished.

Walk softy and carry a big stick didn't mean hang it off your belt and play wild west sheriff.

The day is coming, some OC will have their gun taken from them and the person that did it will shoot a bunch of people, starting with the OC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 06:54 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,830,892 times
Kindly cite an instance in which an OC person was targeted. Otherwise, it's just garbage spewing from your keyboard.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:17 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,947,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Kindly cite an instance in which an OC person was targeted. Otherwise, it's just garbage spewing from your keyboard.
Did you read the post? Apparently not. Let me help-

"The day is coming, some OC will have their gun taken from them and the person that did it will shoot a bunch of people, starting with the OC."

Exactly what does "the day is coming" mean to you, something that has already happened or something that has yet to happen?

On Sept 10 no one could point to a single instance of terrorists taking over numerous jetliners using box cutters. After that day everyone could point it out.

More and more businesses are going to follow what happened with Starbucks and for no other reason than the wannabes and look-at-me people who in some brain malfunction associate open carry with the 2nd amendment. There are many things that were once accepted by almost everyone until the attention getters decided to push it in everyone else's face. The person who OCs isn't protecting anything, let alone themselves or anyone around them.

The more the fringe push OC the more it will backfire, literally. Look at me, I'm OC. The motto of defeat.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:38 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,966 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Did you read the post? Apparently not. Let me help-

"The day is coming, some OC will have their gun taken from them and the person that did it will shoot a bunch of people, starting with the OC."

Exactly what does "the day is coming" mean to you, something that has already happened or something that has yet to happen?

On Sept 10 no one could point to a single instance of terrorists taking over numerous jetliners using box cutters. After that day everyone could point it out.

More and more businesses are going to follow what happened with Starbucks and for no other reason than the wannabes and look-at-me people who in some brain malfunction associate open carry with the 2nd amendment. There are many things that were once accepted by almost everyone until the attention getters decided to push it in everyone else's face. The person who OCs isn't protecting anything, let alone themselves or anyone around them.

The more the fringe push OC the more it will backfire, literally. Look at me, I'm OC. The motto of defeat.

I agree with Mac, just because it hasn't happened that we know of, doesn't negate the very real possibility that it could happen.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:14 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,922,759 times
Being polite is the name of the game.
Wearing big rifle in a store when you know it is going to cause a commotion, when you could just be wearing a hand gun on your hip is easier to deal with.
Let the world get use to the idea in small doses . OVER DOING STUFF IS WHAT STURRS TROUBLE FOR EVERY ONE ELSE .
If we can learn to gently police our own and walk over to an AK toting person and simply share our interest and then offer a bit of advise that won't be stirring a scene in the anti crowd can help guide the show off to be more thoughtful.
People do not get over unreasonable fears by being a jerk.
First they need to get to know you as a regular person ,no gun just you. they see you every day they know you have a job and kids and a mortgage just like every one else . after a few weeks wear the side arm not make a big deal out of it forget it's there like you just came from the ranch ,what ever.
Some one says some thing simply, " say if it bothers you, I can put our safety at risk and lock it in the car. I'm sure it would put potential criminals at ease". the rise in unemployment has made me a bit nervous ,don't you see a lot more people hanging around here ?" Which is true at least around here.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:21 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,265,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by griddlelock View Post

Starbucks No Gun Policy - YouTube

I still carry CCW in Starbucks. I don't see them as anti gun, when people go over the top to make a point that interferes with their ability to make money. Stupid gun owners do more damage than good.

Amen!

Thanks for posting this

Old 10-05-2013, 07:50 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,265,715 times
Quote:
It happens, Man Legally Carrying Gun Robbed at Gunpoint - TODAY'S TMJ4

Several gun owner's homes has been burglarized and guns stolen as well due to an News Paper publishing a list of gun owners and their home addresses.

Another Gun Owner Robbed After Being Identified On The Journal News Map

Anyhow, I'm fine with open carry but I'm not going to avoid Starbucks because of the actions of a few irresponsible gun owners looking for their 15 minutes of fame. In fact, I applaud Starbucks, both sides of this argument are desperately trying to drag them into this debate but yet they still remain neutral and adhere to State and Federal laws. I would run down to my Starbucks right now if it wasn't too late, but I'll catch 'em tomorrow.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:12 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,105,856 times
A friend in California sends us two or three bags of Starbucks coffee beans every month, and while I never used to go into their coffee shops I have started to. I will continue to use their coffee, not because it's free but because I've developed a taste for their product. I feel they have a right to control who enters their buildings, because their buildings are private property, just like your home is your private property. You have a right to say who can come to your house, and who can't. I think a few gun owners brought this problem onto themselves without realizing what they were doing. I doubt that Starbucks will say a word to you about carrying your concealed firearm into their building unless you make it obvious you have a firearm with you. The whole purpose of your firearm being concealed is so no one will know you have it...

Old 10-10-2013, 12:19 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,050,843 times
So Starbucks has publically announced that it is a "Gun Free Zone". We've had problems in the past with gun free zones.

I guess that if Starbucks can guarentee my safety and the safety of my family, they can choose to do what they want, however, being a "Public" business, they should have to adhere to the laws of the state and local authorities.

Wonder how this is working in Texas. While I was down there doing a project, they were trying to pass a law saying that public business could not dictate if you carry or not, they must adhere to State Laws. I thought the law passed, but maybe it didn't.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:38 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,974,342 times
I have an SR9c on my hip as I type and I will be going to Starbucks in Fla today while I wait for my wife at a meeting she has to take. I will by typing on my computer and have my Ruger by my side and I don't need an ar15 hanging off my back making me look like a fool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting