Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 07:38 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,711,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Apple will apparently be taking both the Hair plus and Childrens Place spaces. Also, Francesca's Collections will be opening a store soon in the mall according to job listings posted.

Who? I'd rather see Anthropologie or BCBG myself. Maybe we'll get all three and then your wife could live there and never nag you again.
This place:

Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more

Every woman from 18-50 shops there and as a young single guy, you'd want that store to come here, if you catch my drift. So, are they? Please say yes, it would be a nice early Valentines present for Mrs. Sonrise.

Wow, that's really weird, my link looks like city-data but is the website for forever 21. How'd that happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 07:42 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
This place:

Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more

Every woman from 18-50 shops there and as a young single guy, you'd want that store to come here, if you catch my drift. So, are they? Please say yes, it would be a nice early Valentines present for Mrs. Sonrise.

Wow, that's really weird, my link looks like city-data but is the website for forever 21. How'd that happen?
Sadly, I don't know if they are or not. I know a lot about developments/upcoming retailers and restaurants for this area but when it comes to Haywood Mall, I don't know of any new tenants unless job postings come up or it's posted on one of the forums. Simon is very strict about what they release when it comes to potential new tenants. Maybe gsupstate will spill the beans. If we do get Forever 21, I will definitely have to go to the mall more and not to shop there either if you know what I mean. You broke city-data.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Sadly, I don't know if they are or not. I know a lot about developments/upcoming retailers and restaurants for this area but when it comes to Haywood Mall, I don't know of any new tenants unless job postings come up. Simon is very strict about what they release when it comes to potential new tenants. Maybe gsupstate will spill the beans.
So, I got a scoop for ya; I hear Daphnes is going into Doc Chey's old spot. I think that is now the best vacant spot in the entire county.

Daphne's Homepage

Old 02-05-2010, 07:50 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
Quote:
So, I got a scoop for ya; I hear Daphnes is going into Doc Chey's old spot. I think that is now the best vacant spot in the entire county.

Daphne's Homepage
The space looks like it's still for lease. I'll see if I can find out for sure though.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:26 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,469,688 times
Quote:
This place:

They also sell a men's line in Forever 21, called Heritage 1981. Cool stuff for those of us in our 20s and 30s.

So when we get a Forever 21, g-man will have a reason to be there scoping out the scenery. He might see me there doing the same.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:44 AM

156 posts, read 332,251 times
Urban Outfitters or American Apparel would be nice also along with F21.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:13 PM

341 posts, read 761,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
In light of the overall bleak economy, I am grateful more stores have not closed. Have you been to the mall since Christmas? The traffic is way down, even from what it was in the fall of 2009. Based on that, I expect a few more stores to close. I hope not, but we should not be surprised to hear of a store closing.
No. Haywood Mall is packed, as usual.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:19 PM

47 posts, read 127,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct36 View Post
No. Haywood Mall is packed, as usual.
It's actually a bit rough seeing all the kids there on the weekends but I suppose it's a better place to be than on the streets or doing illegal stuff.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:07 PM

By the way, I was teasing about daphne's, pretending to scoop g-man, although I did that with Jimmy John's.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:37 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,100,025 times
I think its the national economy. The promenade at Augusta Mall is losing Walking Company. The inside of the mall lost like 2-3 stores. A 16,000 sq. ft. Forever 21 is under construction at AUG mall. It probably will be two level and sell men's clothes. As Seen on TV Etc, Portrait Innovations and A.D Buffalo have opened at the mall.

I think Augusta mall and Haywood Mall offer a good competition. Columbiana is a little behind. Augusta mall has Apple and Greenville's is under construction. Augusta mall has Sephora and Greenville J. Crew. Columbiana did get a Bare Escentuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area