Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2009, 08:26 PM

29 posts, read 71,681 times

Advertisements

Hi, i may be coming to the Gaffney SC area for a temp teaching job. I'm single, and over 35, and wonder if there is anything to do there after work and on weekends? Whats near Gaffney? I know that Rock Hill is nice. i could end up on a seperate job there, but it does not start until Nov. 30. Hate to wait that long. I was told that the Gaffney job may start much earlier. Wondering if I should wait for Rock Hill or take what I can now so I can get paid. just on a part-time job for now, this is getting very old......... Please be as objective as you can. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 05:36 PM

899 posts, read 2,287,689 times
A thought: it sounds like you have an offer for a teaching position in Gaffney that is temporary and are waiting to find out about a permanent position in Rock Hill, and you want to start working right away. Have you thought about staying in an extended stay efficiency type place for a few weeks in Gaffney and working at that job until you find out if you get the Rock Hill offer?

As far as your question on what's going on in Gaffney...yes Rock Hill and also Spartanburg has a lot more "going on" than Gaffney does, esp. for a newcomer like yourself. I know lots of people who work in Gaffney but live in Spartanburg b/c it has more stuff to do/much better shopping/more people and opportunities. Downtown Spartanburg to Downtown Gaffney is like 20 minutes and Rock Hill is more like an hour to Gaffney.

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area