Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 07:15 PM

341 posts, read 761,437 times

Advertisements

Oops. I was about to put Coach but I got distracted. I like Greenville better. There are things that GVL has but Augusta doesn't (and vice-versa). It is fine that they may like another place better. It is just and opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 07:25 PM

How do you like it so far g-man? I love LS! I was there last weekend at Macy's @ Lenox and saw a pair of cool flips flops (Lacoste). I changed my mind about getting them, and I changed my mind again. I went to Haywood and found them at their Macy's. So I think that the Haywood Mall. I would love to have it instead of the gross Asheville Mall. I still think it could use more. Hopefully by about or after 2020: Sears & JCP will be gone. Bloomie's goes in JCP. Nordstrom goes in Sears. Neiman Marcus goes between Macy's and JCPenney. (Sears & JCP will be torn down & rebuilt). With boutiques such as BCBG, Lacoste, Tiffany, Ralph Lauren,Burberry, Hermes, etc.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:34 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
I went to Phipps Plaza too earlier today. Have to say that is the most high-end mall i've ever seen. Most malls will have Land Rovers on display inside. They had a Bentley and Aston Martin on display instead. I love Lenox. Very large and their Apple Store is huge. Part of the mall is four stories tall. The area with California Pizza Kitchen is awesome. The only thing I don't like about Lenox is the food court. It needs a renovation and looks like how Haywood Mall's food court used to look if not worse. Not suprising to see the most high-end wing on the same wing as Neiman Marcus. Other than the food court, I have nothing else to complain about. Definitely the largest mall i've ever been except for Mall of America of course.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:26 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,729 times
Here's a picture of a Young Jeezy's (a rapper) Lamborghini at Lenox Mall!!! It's a upscale place, I had to use valet when I was there lol!!! Haywood Mall will probably be dead in 2020 or demolished because Verdae, Woodruff Road, and etc are supposed to become the upscale parts of Greenville in the future!!! 1st when I was Lenox Mall I saw this hot BMW, then three lambo's pulled up beside each other (2 of them being body guards cars) and my jaw DROpped!!! lol

I wish that skyscrapers (up to 30 levels) were built in the Haywood Mall area creating a mini Uptown Houston like of place!!!

Old 03-21-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I went to Phipps Plaza too earlier today. Have to say that is the most high-end mall i've ever seen. Most malls will have Land Rovers on display inside. They had a Bentley and Aston Martin on display instead. I love Lenox. Very large and their Apple Store is huge. Part of the mall is four stories tall. The area with California Pizza Kitchen is awesome. The only thing I don't like about Lenox is the food court. It needs a renovation and looks like how Haywood Mall's food court used to look if not worse. Not suprising to see the most high-end wing on the same wing as Neiman Marcus. Other than the food court, I have nothing else to complain about. Definitely the largest mall i've ever been except for Mall of America of course.
I never went to the food court. However, most people do not eat in the food court in the mall unless the crave so nasty greasy Sbarro pizza or they have what they were wanting to eat that day, or if they are in a hurry. Pretty much everything at Lenox is larger than an average size store of the chain. I love Lenox also! Phipps will be getting a new two story Barney's New York Co-Op and more luxury shops.

I do not think that Magnolia Park will get built (well, at least soon).
Many people will want to get away from Verdae & Woodruff because of the traffic. Where will they go may you ask: Haywood Rd., obviously where Haywood Mall is. Many people also hate walking around outside in the hot summer. Haywood Mall will stay for a long time. On Woodruff Road: It still has much lower end things. If Haywood just gets rid of stuff like Rooms to Go, old S&B, & others. There is not alot of big box stores on Haywood, but there are on W & V.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:34 PM

10 posts, read 26,549 times
I agree, if you don'tlike it here MOVE!!!!!

Old 03-28-2009, 09:52 PM

161 posts, read 416,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yepmetoo View Post
I agree, if you don'tlike it here MOVE!!!!!
Insightful...

Old 10-13-2012, 08:55 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
From another forum:

L'Occitane for the small space beside Sephora. Don't know it they will be open by Christmas though. Construction should start in the next few weeks.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:46 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,606,032 times
I'm the OP - after 5 years of living in the Upstate, I still think that Haywood Mall (aesthetically) stinks.

(Again) the exterior/parking areas need a major reno - it's extremely ugly and unappealing. With no/little competition, Simon will most likely have Haywood remain as is for the next decade (unless Magnolia Park becomes a genuine "lifestyle center").

Additionally, the Haywood Road corridor seems to be going downhill with the closing of Circuit City, other smaller strip shops, and the soon to relocate Toys 'r Us. Perhaps a small positive is that Chipotle will come to Haywood (? next to Jason's Deli). I also like the fact that Haywood's overhead power lines are finally being buried (but, good Lord, this is taking forever).

I make the above comments when I compare the Upstate to other similar sized metros (like Birmingham, AL and Greensboro, NC). (Again) The Summit (in Birmingham) blows away any shopping venue in the entire Upstate. Friendly (in Greensboro) is very similar to The Summit.

Last edited by drfranklin; 10-13-2012 at 12:10 PM..

Old 10-13-2012, 03:50 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,467,794 times
Don't forget about DSW for the Toys 'R Us space. I'm sure they will attract some other retail too.

I don't see Simon allowing Haywood Mall's exterior to go much longer without a renovation. They are pretty good about updating their malls. I think they did a great job on Haywood's interior not too long ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area