Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2015, 09:07 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
I understand BMW is concerned about added traffic and is doing all they can to stop this project. I bet they win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Now we are beginning to see why this BPS project seems to be on hold. If indeed BMW is trying to block it, and a potential acquisition of Cabelaś, it may not ever happen. Remains to be seen. But if BPS acquires Cabelaś, then you may end up with a BPS store at Magnolia afterall.
BMW has a weak argument. First, Highway 101 South was improved over 20 years ago to handle the expected traffic. Second, Bass Pro Outdoor World LLC owns the property for the announced Bass Pro Shops store. It can build at any time.

Bass Pro Shops may be reported to be exploring an acquisition of Cabela's. It does not mean a sale has occurred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 09:09 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Gander Mtn still targets the same "outdoor" customer as the other two. Plus they have been much more aggressive in the Carolina's than the other two. Academy and Dick's target different customers.

Comparing prices on websites between the three, they are all very similar.
Gander Mountain attracts some customers from Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's while attracting other customers from REI.

Old 11-08-2015, 11:55 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,409,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
At least 1 year until Bass Pro Shops opens in Spartanburg Co. - FOX Carolina 21

Article written in September states it will be at least 1 year, maybe two years.
Bass Pro has said it will be September 2016 at the earliest.

Old 11-08-2015, 02:04 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,760,501 times
A quick check of public records show the property taxes are unpaid. Interesting.

http://spartanburgtreasurer.qpaybill.com

Old 11-08-2015, 03:09 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,050,331 times
Quote:
A quick check of public records show the property taxes are unpaid. Interesting.

Online Tax Payment Center
For what tax year?

Old 11-08-2015, 03:53 PM

5,675 posts, read 5,887,642 times
Quote:
I understand BMW is concerned about added traffic and is doing all they can to stop this project. I bet they win.
Why would BMW be concerned about traffic? Sounds more like a rumor someone came up with as to why BPS hasn't,(and in my opinion and probably wont) built there yet.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:35 PM

48 posts, read 72,237 times
With that being said. Will construction still happen for BPS off of 101/I-85? Does that mean more delays?

Old 11-08-2015, 08:06 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,804,340 times
Cabela's.

Old 11-09-2015, 04:47 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,824,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Why would BMW be concerned about traffic? Sounds more like a rumor someone came up with as to why BPS hasn't,(and in my opinion and probably wont) built there yet.
I work at BMW and I would be surprised if this was true. BMW has it's own traffic problems in the main parking lot in the morning that they never really seem to do much about. They have made some changes, but it's basically still the same. They are now adding a new office complex as you come into the main lot to the left (near the interstate). They will have to add a long turn lane or route left turners around the main parking lot.

The main bulk of traffic comes into BMW before BPS would open in the mornings. Evening traffic will be tougher, as well as traffic for the trucks. Evening traffic though is more spread out and most of the people are going HOME. So nothing to worry BMW about there. There has been rumor for a while of opening a new truck gate off Brockman-McClimon Rd.

The additional restaurants and higher end hotels that will follow a BPS development should benefit BMW.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:39 AM

48 posts, read 72,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnimee View Post
I was told this week that the parking lot for the Highway 101 BPS site did not perc and it is a costly issue to resolve. I guess that means a smaller development could happen there by someone else maybe if that's true?
If the future parking lot did not perc. Is that part of the land bought,and would that have an effect on future construction, or will they back out all together?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area