Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 12:39 AM

44 posts, read 158,841 times

Advertisements

I need to hit up cookout ive heard nothing but good things about it. Is it similar to five guys at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 10:11 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,289,409 times
I actually don't think their food is anything special. Their thick milkshakes are excellent.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:57 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolstuckinNC View Post
I actually don't think their food is anything special. Their thick milkshakes are excellent.
Funny I am opposite. Don't care for the milkshakes at all at Cookout but I rarely drink milkshakes so maybe its me. The food is not bad IMO for the price. The grilled chicken is the best I have found at a fast food place and I like the burgers. The buns are pretty basic type but who can complain because the price points are so low. Also love the soft crushed ice.

I am not a Five Guys fan at all. The one time I frequented there was so much grease coming through the bag I never went back. Seems to be popular maybe I should give it another shot.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:42 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,596,102 times
I like booth five guys and the cookout

Old 04-09-2014, 12:36 PM

825 posts, read 1,124,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post

I am not a Five Guys fan at all. The one time I frequented there was so much grease coming through the bag I never went back. Seems to be popular maybe I should give it another shot.

That is the result of them pouring more fries into the bag after they have put the cup of fries in there. Its one of their trademarks. You would see the same effect at any other place if they had a large amount of fries making direct contact with the bag.

As for cookout. I have been twice and was not that impressed. I went to one in Gaffney and another somewhere along 85 in NC. I found it to be pretty bland, reminding me of school cafeteria food. Whatever sandwich the wife got at Gaffney was just bad. Way too salty. I may give them another try for the milk shakes as this location will be convenient for me. All the other ones I have to go out of my way for.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:41 PM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post

As for cookout. I have been twice and was not that impressed. Way too salty.
I had the same experience with the one on Laurens Rd at the old Checkers location.. First time I went.. massively salty.. Second time was much better.. But still wasn't anything i'd write home about.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:54 PM

5,159 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Five Guys fries are very greasy, whether dumped in a bag, a box, or a cup or wherever they put them. Soft and greasy.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:27 PM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Five Guys fries are very greasy, whether dumped in a bag, a box, or a cup or wherever they put them. Soft and greasy.
Yes, but they have Old Bay on them, too. Old Bay makes everything better.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:25 PM

285 posts, read 456,979 times
One "entree" two sides and a drink at Cookout is $5.07 after tax so it is what it is, hard to compare with 5 Guys. On the other hand, better than the Culvers down the street. I've given Culvers a few chances with burgers and maybe I'm ordering the wrong thing but I just don't get the hype here. A single burger at Hardees/Burger King is better and judging by the parking lot they certainly aren't drawing the crowd that they once were. I think Cook Out will do well on Woodruff.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:27 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
It is difficult to notice the quality of food if you are focusing in on time and convenience if you are using a drive-through. When you are dining in, I think you get a better grasp on the quality of food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area