Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 05:48 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,540,391 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if it is coming back eventually? Gman is the lot for sale?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 01:40 PM

642 posts, read 2,089,997 times
I'm sure it is not coming back looks pretty empty to me

Old 07-04-2010, 04:31 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,139,996 times
It is not listed on any of the commercial property web sites though the old Pizza Hut and Blockbuster are.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvidu View Post
It is not listed on any of the commercial property web sites though the old Pizza Hut and Blockbuster are.
And no Taco Bell listed either?

I'm hoping that is good news, thanks ruvidu. I'm hoping they are doing a tear down at BK.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:59 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,812,252 times
Haven't seen anything listed regarding that but i'll keep my eyes open in case something does come up.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:14 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,834,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
And no Taco Bell listed either?

I'm hoping that is good news, thanks ruvidu. I'm hoping they are doing a tear down at BK.
Must have been bad management that closed both TB and BK, since there wasn't much competition in Mauldin in the first place.

Hopefully some new franchisee's will move in and build some nice modern buildings and provide some fresh efficient service.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:18 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,554,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ladyinwaiting View Post
I'm not sure about BK, but we seem to have had trouble keeping merchants at or near our "center" of Butler and Main. .
I have to wonder what the problem with Taco Bell and now BK closing was. I mean, certainly not a lack of traffic, and I would think not a lack of business, either. Used to sit in drive-thru lines several cars deep on a regular basis at TB. I'm not a BK fan, so can't speak to that. But this area continues to grow. I just don't get it.

Blockbuster, I can understand as they're closing all over the country. They can't compete with Netflix and Red Box, etc.

Last edited by linicx; 07-08-2010 at 01:04 PM..

Old 07-06-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
I have to wonder what the problem with Taco Bell and now BK closing was. I mean, certainly not a lack of traffic, and I would think not a lack of business, either. Used to sit in drive-thru lines several cars deep on a regular basis at TB. I'm not a BK fan, so can't speak to that. But this area continues to grow. I just don't get it.

Blockbuster, I can understand as they're closing all over the country. They can't compete with Netflix and Red Box, etc.
I don't understand it either UB. And the property where Appearances was/is? is up for sale as well. Blockbuster has had problems for many years and its finally catching up to them. I joined Netflix just last week.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:31 PM

1,556 posts, read 3,550,168 times
Taco Bell and Burger King may be gone but all is not lost. Was in Greenville for a visit about a week ago....there is a new Caribbean restaurant in the Bi-Lo shopping center in Mauldin. I frequent Mauldin a lot whenever I visit and was thrilled to see a new place open. The new place has foods from Jamaica and Puerto Rico.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:55 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,554,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
Taco Bell and Burger King may be gone but all is not lost. Was in Greenville for a visit about a week ago....there is a new Caribbean restaurant in the Bi-Lo shopping center in Mauldin. I frequent Mauldin a lot whenever I visit and was thrilled to see a new place open. The new place has foods from Jamaica and Puerto Rico.
That's great - it's next to another store I frequent about once a week... But, it doesn't remove the empty stores and blank signs on Laurens Rd/Main St.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area