Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 05:00 AM

4 posts, read 7,922 times

Advertisements

Yes. That has been the case here also. The new schools tend to perform very well. Relocating is not easy... You're certainly doing your homework!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 07:57 AM

130 posts, read 678,041 times
I just called the planning department and she had no information to share. Have you called back and had any better luck?

Old 03-19-2011, 01:38 PM

10 posts, read 23,524 times
Default Pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosheehan View Post
Greenville County's recreation district's water parks are nice, but can tend to be crowded in the summers. Some home communities do offer outside memberships to their pools in the summer. That is definitely worth looking into if the community your family chooses does not offer a pool.
Does anybody have more information about this? I live in a development on Pelham Road that unfortunetly does not have a pool and I was wondering which (if any) developments offer outside guests for some sort of price?

What about that pool right by Oak Groove Lake?

Old 04-26-2011, 02:01 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,074,863 times
Are there any town or public pools beside the waterparks? If so, how much does it cost to use them? The waterparks look great but I was thinking maybe something just with a pool.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:30 PM

807 posts, read 1,785,261 times
I agree with Kosheenan, Riverwalk is very popular.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:47 AM

15 posts, read 45,965 times
Default Swimming holes

I'm looking for local swimming holes. Are there any around the area. We live in Fountain inn and would like to know if there are any rivers that you can swim or just plain have fun in. We grew up in an area that that lakes and rivers that you could just walk to and swim or rivers that you could wade in and we really miss that.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:13 AM

2,309 posts, read 3,851,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessnboys View Post
Thanks so much for the input! I didn't realize that some communities allowed outside memberships so that's definitely something to consider.

Thanks also for the Gower Estates recommendation. Looks like a great area and certainly close to downtown! We were focusing on the Simpsonville and Greer areas as we tend to like newer homes but until we drive around the area, it's hard to know what's ultimately going to feel most like "home" to us. Are your schools Sara Collins, Beck, and Mann? I'm a little concerned by Sara Collins' low testing scores/rating on greatschools but do love that it is an IB school. Lots to consider!

Thanks again for both your thoughts.

sara collins and beck are IB but JL Mann is not. if your child wanted to do IB K-12 they'd have to do collins/beck/southside.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:55 PM

113 posts, read 244,924 times
For that budget you may want to look closer to downtown Greenville. Simpsonville is very cookie cutter...and littered with strip malls. Greer is nice though. If you do end up near downtown...and there are some newer homes to be had there...give Stone Lake Community Center a look. It is a swimming club.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:34 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,294,697 times
Just FYI, the main thread here is over a year old.

The recent question probably should have been asked by opening a new thread.

There are lots of swimming holes in the area. Most of the better ones are up towards the mountains, but there are some around Greenville. The problem closer to town tends to be poor water quality, though.

This website is for waterfalls but some of them have swimming holes at the bottom: SCwaterfalls - Waterfalls in South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia

Old 07-19-2012, 02:52 PM

548 posts, read 1,980,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiyouvereachedtomandali View Post
Does anybody have more information about this? I live in a development on Pelham Road that unfortunetly does not have a pool and I was wondering which (if any) developments offer outside guests for some sort of price?

What about that pool right by Oak Groove Lake?
Sugar Creek does as does a subdivision off Hudson Rd. (Pelham Estates?? I think), however most do this at the beginning of the season and might be full. Subdivision that do this limit the number of outside memberships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area