Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 11:02 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,941,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOWN_REPRESENTA View Post
that is the most naive statement i've ever read or heard. i can't think of one man i know that would be ok with building a family based on lies and deceit. if a man wants to stick around and do so under those conditions or financially support the child from afar, then that's his choice, but he shouldn't be forced to by the gov't. i actually know a couple of men who were duped by lying, cheating women. one stayed because their youngest is his, but not the oldest. the other guy left her and has been an emotional wreck ever since. its sad that we live in a country that dogs men all day for their transgressions, but are completely unable to hold womens' feet to the fire for anything.

There is a difference between "based on lies and deceit" and "excusing an indiscretion". At least, in my family, there is.

Do you mean to say that if you had a successful career and a loving wife and happy children and the ultimate in domestic tranquility, and you found out that your wife had an affair years ago, you would throw it all away? And destroy the lives of your family just out of spite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 11:08 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,009,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
There is a difference between "based on lies and deceit" and "excusing an indiscretion". At least, in my family, there is.

Do you mean to say that if you had a successful career and a loving wife and happy children and the ultimate in domestic tranquility, and you found out that your wife had an affair years ago, you would throw it all away? And destroy the lives of your family just out of spite?
Yes. After all, I'd still have a successful career and children. A cheating woman has no place in my bed.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth23 View Post
Yes. After all, I'd still have a successful career and children. A cheating woman has no place in my bed.
That's what you think. There is no court in the world that would award you custody on that basis alone, and much of the fruits of your career would be drained off in alimony, child support, and legal fees, and your house would be sold and the assets split.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:40 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,645,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
I was thinking that a paternity test at birth would solve all this *who is your daddy* nonsense family court has to deal with. It sure would save a lot of money and time. So why aren't all newborns given a paternity test???
Because not every father is suspicious of his parentage, and not every mother gives him reason to be.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:54 AM

122 posts, read 202,577 times
Quote:

how is walking away from a cheating wife and children she had OUTSIDE your marriage spiteful?? its not up to the deceived party to keep up the facade of domestic tranquility. that's something a mothers should be thinking about BEFORE her, "indiscrection" instead of shaming, "fathers" for not wanting to live a lie.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
how is walking away from a cheating wife and children she had OUTSIDE your marriage spiteful?? its not up to the deceived party to keep up the facade of domestic tranquility. that's something a mothers should be thinking about BEFORE her, "indiscrection" instead of shaming, "fathers" for not wanting to live a lie.
In some families (obviously not yours), domestic tranquility is not a facade. The people really love and respect each other, in spite of their faults and shortcomings and even some that are not acknowledged.

I hope you never find the vibrator hidden under your wife's underwear drawer. I can't imagine what a scene you would make.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:30 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,180,984 times
Quote:
I hope you never find the vibrator hidden under your wife's underwear drawer. I can't imagine what a scene you would make.
I'd rather her use a vibrator than hop on some other dude's dick and possibly have some of my offspring not be mine.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:40 PM

122 posts, read 202,577 times
Quote:
In some families (obviously not yours), domestic tranquility is not a facade. The people really love and respect each other, in spite of their faults and shortcomings and even some that are not acknowledged.

dildos don't cause unwanted pregnancies. as for as faults and shortcomings, sleeping around and bringing home a child that's not mine is not the same as me leaving my dirty underwear on the floor. how old were you when some woman took your balls away and stashed them at the bottom of her purse??

Old 03-15-2010, 12:46 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,186,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
I was thinking that a paternity test at birth would solve all this *who is your daddy* nonsense family court has to deal with. It sure would save a lot of money and time. So why aren't all newborns given a paternity test???
It might solve all the "who is your daddy" nonsense in family court, but I suspect there'd be quite a few more cases IN family court---and quite a bit earlier, too!

Old 03-15-2010, 12:49 PM

324 posts, read 573,479 times
Quote:
...how old were you when some woman took your balls away and stashed them at the bottom of her purse??
Why are you assuming, that the person (you were responding to) must be a male?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates