Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 07:29 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,518,758 times

Advertisements

It's true. In America, there are strict laws about how to kill animals so they don't feel pain. Factory farms in America still treat animals terribly but they pale in comparison to the torture that goes on in China. I don't want to mention the ways they torture (because there are sick people who might imitate them) but it is truly heartbreaking. You have to be a really cold individual to do the things they do, while the dog is looking at you with trusting eyes, only to be howling in pain and panic ten seconds after you begin practically eating it alive! Disgusting. Something has to be done to stop this--morally it is wrong. Plus, they have proven that people who are cruel to animals are more likely to be cruel to humans--it is not that far a stretch. By the way, eating meat is a choice. Not one person needs to eat dog meat to survive. There are nuts, grains, fruit, eggs. vegetables, milk, cheese, etc. One does not have to eat meat to maintain health. The decision to be cruel is a choice.

I have some friends and family who are vegetarians and the more I read stories like this the more I'm thinking about it. This is totally unacceptable. They say that lots and lots, the majority of the Chinese people disagree with what's going on in their country with animal torture and murder and have pets, a lot of them have pets, anyway. So why can't enough people get the kahuna's to challenge these evil, despicable practices and put some hurt on those practicing them?

The almighty money supply, that's one reason. The ones with money aren't going to just share it with those that don't have enough of it, so, the poorer ones have to make money - and choose moronic means like this to raise it. Gross. I could never, ever, ever, never do these things to an animal. You say "oh yes you would if you're hungry enough, that is."

Wrong. Not things like this. There are bananas, nuts, peanut butter, etc., etc. This just won't go away - the hurt of it. They're such beautiful animals. Inside and out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates