Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 05:54 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
For your information, many out of the 24 countries that speak Spanish, are considered of White descent because they were infiltrated by the Europeans. And yes, there are many countries that have Black roots. My roots are European, and I do not dye my hair.

There are few B/A that do not use wigs with blonde coloring, and that do not treat their hair to make it look less kinky. So, if anyone is trying to be white, start with Beyonce, Nicky Minaj, etc., etc.

But, I most admit, George Lopez is very funny...

Oh lookie here...more Europeans

Faces of Afro-South Americans - YouTube

Afroargentinos Documentary short clip (English only with optional subs) - YouTube

Old 02-03-2013, 05:56 PM

315 posts, read 383,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Try using facts to back up this statement about Blacks voting Yes for Prop 8 in CA (banning gay marriage). Aside from the fact that Blacks make up only 7% of the entire state's population so the Black vote was not the deciding factor in Prop 8. Also, a more indepth study has debunked the previous stats regarding the Black vote against gay marriage in CA.

GLT » Race not deciding factor in Prop. 8 vote, study shows

“What they found was that it was not race and ethnicity that had the biggest impact on the election. It was instead some characteristics that will be unsurprising to many,” Jacobs said.

Through a precinct-by-precinct analysis and review of multiple other sources of data, the study also puts African-American support for Proposition 8 at no more than 59 percent, nowhere close to the 70 percent reported the night of the election.

After taking into account the religious service attendance, support for Proposition 8 among African Americans and Latinos was not significantly different than other groups.
The findings show the level of support for Proposition 8 among African Americans was nowhere close to the national exit poll 70 percent figure.

Black support for Prop. 8 called exaggeration - SFGate

Reports of overwhelming African American support for Proposition 8's ban on same-sex marriage were exaggerated in exit polls, a new look at the November election results has found.

"The study debunks the myth that African Americans overwhelmingly and disproportionately supported Proposition 8," Andrea Shorter, director of And Marriage for All, said in a statement. "But we clearly have work to do with, within and for African American communities, particularly the black church."

BINGO! Thank you for the links. Hammer met head! I was taken aback when gay whites spewed hatefully racist and vile statements and racial slurs against blacks when premature results of certain demographics came out against prop 8. And now since the liberal gay judge in California has overturned those votes and will push forward with approving prop 8. So the gay mafia only celebrates votes when it works in their favor, but use their power to disinfranchise votes by citizens who believed their voted counted and would be treated fairly. And still, all of your links disproves the myth that blacks voted overwhelmingly against prop 8.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
Give them a chance, they have not been here that long. But, there are a lot of them that have contributed to this nation, starting with the Puerto Ricans, which is the second group that made it to the USA, after the Mexicans, which by the way, up to recently the head of the Treasure Dept., was a woman of Mexican descent. And here are lists of more educated ones:

Acaba, Joseph - Astronauts Reference Library - redOrbit

Sonia Sotomayor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of Puerto Rican scientists and inventors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of Puerto Ricans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Romana Acosta Bañuelos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mexican American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Americans of Hispanic Heritage

The lists are endless, but I think that you get my point. All these people are educated or they would not have been able to obtain these jobs. And most are first/second generations Americans.
And these people represent only two countries, out of almost 24....
FYI, Latinos have been in the United States for more than 1 or 2 generations. Why haven't people of Mexican descent progressed more in places like California, New Mexico and Arizona since they have always been in those areas?

By the way, you need to learn that Latin America imported far more African slaves than the United States. That African blood runs DEEP in your "white" veins and this is one of the main reasons that the United States created the "Hispanic/Latino" category because Hispanic "white" is not one drop rule "white".

Black in Latin America E03, Mexico and Peru: The Black Grandma in the Closet - YouTube

Old 02-03-2013, 06:05 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,711,998 times
Quote:
This troll thread (as most are regarding Black people) was created solely for the purpose of bashing Black people. Nothing more and nothing less. Those who HATE Black people will NEVER acknowledge the factor that class and socioeconomic status plays greatly into one's life choices. In their minds ALL Black people are ignorant and from the ghetto while ALL White people live in mansions and hold PhDs.

"We" need to stop seeking the approval and validation of people who literally despise us. In general, most White people HATE Black people. Accept it. Believe it. Deal with it. Do what you need to do to succeed in spite of it. No, White people DO NOT want Black people to have as much (or more) than they do. When Black people accept that fact then "we" will be able to move on and will prosper.
Quote:
FYI, Latinos have been in the United States for more than 1 or 2 generations. Why haven't people of Mexican descent progressed more in places like California, New Mexico and Arizona since they have always been in those areas?

How easily you attribute certain behaviors to people based on their race. I think they call that racism.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
How easily you attribute certain behaviors to people based on their race. I think they call that racism.
So what do you call it when YOU do EXACTLY the same?

Old 02-03-2013, 06:09 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,711,998 times
Quote:
So what do you call it when YOU do EXACTLY the same?
I didn't, sweetheart. I was talking about you as an individual and judging you by your character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates