Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2013, 07:18 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Funny.

Tell you what. When I pay my taxes, I'll just tell the Federal government that I'm not going to pay for welfare, Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps, public housing, Head Start, and the host of educational programs that are designed to mainstream kids from disadvantaged families. After all, it's not my business what happens to these kids, right?

But yet you benefit when those same kids are shipped off to war don't you? You do realize that there are more white kids that are collecting benefits than blacks? Hell, even the teaparty's darling ron paul was "collecting" at one point.

Because parents who choose to have their kids in single-parent households, parents who are too dumb to exercise basic family planning, become dependents on the state in overwhelming numbers. The statistics are simply undeniable on this account. Educational achievement, probability to commit crime, child poverty, health, you name it, are directly tied to the single-parent household issue. The reason for this is simple: Raising children is a team sport, not something that gets subcontracted out to Mom or some other kindly relative while you work a minimum wage job. And for every heartwarming anecdote you find about some single mom raising a child to attend Harvard, there are thousands upon thousands of children who begin life at a distinct disadvantage. While their fates are not sealed when they emerge from the womb, the obstacles they face are much more plentiful than a child who is born into a two-parent household.

But yet certain people do not want to provide healthcare for women or contraceptive because of THEIR religious beliefs and at the same time complain about all of the illegitimate kids running around. I just think that your remark about this subject is funny, since it was not brought up until the republicans decided that they needed a scapegoat for the country's ills.

To be sure, there are plenty of white children born outside the bounds of a committed relationship. But the proportion in black communities is shocking and, frankly, dispiriting for anyone who actually cares about the economic and social progress of that slice of America. And it has an absolute impact on the economic health of the country in terms of the growth of the welfare state, the Federal government's metastasizing deficit, and our competitiveness in the world economy. Most importantly, it destroys the promise of economic progress for blacks far, far more than the final traces of racism in this country ever will.

So you ARE blaming the black population for the economic woes of this country afterall, eventhough the facts are that whites are benefiting more from the social programs than blacks. Apparently you are not black and have no idea what "final traces of racism" are, considering when the economy gets bad the blacks suffer more. That does not sound like the final traces of racism to me, should'nt we all as Americans suffer equally?

I mean, what gives? Birth control is practically free. Everybody knows how babies are made. And having children before you're a fully mature, educated, and self-supporting adult in a secure relationship guarantees a difficult life for child and parent alike, upping the bill to taxpayers in the process. This is no secret. But it's not my business because I'm white? The hell it isn't.

You right it is none of your business, but it is not because you are white but because you are clueless as to the everyday struggles of all of the people in this country and your only concern is finanacial and not for humanitiarian reasons. If the republicans did not tell you that blacks are the ones draining the economy, you would not even be here posting this drivel

Old 02-02-2013, 07:33 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,621,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Please get your views straight, in the previous post you basically blame blacks for negative hispanic behavior (marriage) and now you say that their views on religion (Catholism) will continue to be the same So why are they imitating blacks in regards to marriage, does'nt premarital sex go against Catholism as well? Oh btw, when I said that "all latinos cannot understand the concept of birth control" I was asking you how would you feel. I also tried to make a point that obvisously went over your head.
Nothing goes over my head, and religion is a very private matter that I have no desire to discuss with you, or anyone else.

I cannot speak for almost 24 countries that speak Spanish, but not all the people of these countries think alike, and not ALL countries have high-rates of out-of-wedlock babies. The parents may understand the concept of birth control, as it relates to their faith, and they follow the rules of Catholicism. However, it is hard to control the sexual behavior of a 16 year-old with raging hormones, so to them it makes more sense to allow her to have the child than to have an abortion, as again, stated by the Church.

I do not know if I have answered your question, but most of the 24 countries have a tendency to have very-large families, as denoted by the Catholic Church. So, in a way it is a cultural aspect that it is being controlled by religion.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I see some of that fine, fine reading comprehension is at work on your part. I actually included white Americans in my post. Sorry you couldn't be bothered with reading that part.

But when 73% of black American children are born outside of a committed relationship, three times the percentage of white Americans, there is a deep-seated cultural issue at work in the black community. As a result, black reliance on medicare, medicaid, food stamps Head Start and every other government program offered are at rates roughly three times white Americans -- which really puts paid to the argument you just made. And since I as a taxpayer have to foot the bill for that, it does indeed become my problem. You can't ask us to be responsible for the social welfare of black Americans and then expect us to not speak to a very important reason why black poverty persists.
How is that possible when blacks make up less than 20% of the overall population? Why is the BLACK alliance on safety nets that much of a concern for for you personally? Do you care about the fact that blacks are disportionately over represented in prison for crimes that they did not commit? Are you concerned that the unemployment rate for Blacks in this country is raising while the rest of the country is lower? Do you care that blacks have a higher infant mortality rate than whites and other groups? Do you even have a clue how to stop institutionalized racism? If you can't answer any of these question correctly what makes you think that you can possible understand anything else that goes on in the black community. Btw, do you feel the same way about about corperate handouts? If so, being that they get millions apiece why are you here complaining about the "chump change" that is going out to those who need it?

If you just wanted to complain about something that the politicians told you, fine but don't do it because you care but in reality you are only concerned about the "change" that you are contributing to in taxes.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
First of all, when I made this statement, I was referring specifically to the NYC area, which you obviously seem to know nothing at all. So, allow me to educate you:

NYC for over a century has had a shortage of apartments for poor people, thus as a result of this has built myriad of housing projects with income limitations, and very reasonable rates. It stands to reason that poor people would be given preference. In these housing projects, a multitude of Blacks that came to NYC, after they were freed by NYC, in Alabama and Mississippi, had moved en force into these projects, along came the Hispanics, and both groups got along very well.

Immigrants have a tendency to look up at other American groups and copy their behavior. This has been substantiated in many of the literature that I have read. Which it stands to reason, if they who are American- born are doing this and that, it must be the correct way of doing things in America. So, it stands to reason that both groups learned from each other. Good and Bad.

And again, I was only referring to NYC, not the rest of the country.
I think that you should go back and see what you posted intially. Understand this, alot of people from the NYC/NYJ area for some reason think that this country revolves around them for the most part. I may not know much about the region but I know alot more about the rest of the country than you do. Of course there are some blacks in that area that make themselves look bad but that does not include all of us. Can you say that the Latinos in that area represent all of the Latinos in the country? Of course not!

If you really think that other blacks that come to this country "look up" to blacks you are sadly mistaken. In all actuality dark skin in the bane of many other cultures even within some Latin communities. I guess that you have not noticed that dark skinned Mexicans make up the poor working class and the lighter skinned ones make up the wealthy class. This holds true in Brazil, and many other South American countries as well. Africans and Islanders (for the most part) have a disdain for American Blacks as well, even when the conditions in their own country is alot less to be desired.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
Nothing goes over my head, and religion is a very private matter that I have no desire to discuss with you, or anyone else.

I cannot speak for almost 24 countries that speak Spanish, but not all the people of these countries think alike, and not ALL countries have high-rates of out-of-wedlock babies. The parents may understand the concept of birth control, as it relates to their faith, and they follow the rules of Catholicism. However, it is hard to control the sexual behavior of a 16 year-old with raging hormones, so to them it makes more sense to allow her to have the child than to have an abortion, as again, stated by the Church.

I do not know if I have answered your question, but most of the 24 countries have a tendency to have very-large families, as denoted by the Catholic Church. So, in a way it is a cultural aspect that it is being controlled by religion.

So if you can rationalize why the citizens of 24 different spanish speaking countries having children out of wedlock, why can't you fathom why a group of people from numerous tribes and a multitude of cultures and religions doing the same thing? I think rather you realize it or not, you have been indoctrinated into believing the false propaganda about blacks as a whole without even thinking about it. What the statistics do not ssay which a couple of people on this forum pointed is that blacks due mainly to economic reason marry later in life. The statistics also does not show the number of other men that raise and sometimes marry unwed mothers either. It also does not include those who also co-habitate either with their baby's mother or someone else's child.

Basically, what I'm trying to let you see is that granted there are blacks in your area that act a fool but overall it does not mean that the majority of us are like that. As someone who took statistics classes I can tell you that they can make anything that they want look good or bad by simply ommitting a few facts or adding others.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
So what is the solution?

Isn't your state Alabama?
Didn't they try to ban abortion,or limit it?

I can make a great counter argument.
Alabama is one of the poorest states,for ALL races. Gets back more than it sends to Washington,Jersey gets the least.
I could say that my tax dollars are bring used to support YOUR state,so does that mean I get to have a say in how you guys down there run things?
Check please

Old 02-02-2013, 09:16 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,621,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Did you get the part about years of institutionalized racism and Jim Crow Laws? Of course not, because the majority of the African, Caribean and Latinos were allowed to come over here on the backs of those African Americans who were already here. You all were allowed to come to this country on your own wiith your culture, religion and language intact. Hmm, I wonder how would the Spanish speaking people of this country would react if they were not allowed to speak spanish at all

The sad thing about it is that you sound like an old white man that has never been around black people but always professes that "I have a black friend" when you make the statements that you do.
I guess that you really do not know the history of this country do you? The majority of the American Black population did live in "ghettos" because we were not allowed to live anywhere else. Unlike many latinos many of us did not have the option of being here in the first place. As far as your snide remark about "blaming the whiteman" for all of our social ills, it is not hard when everyone one of our leaders have been Asassinated or jailed by the government it is not too far fetched. Can you cite anywhere when the FBI set up counter intelligence against your people. Lets be more recent, how ofen do you hear of disparaging remarks against Latinos by politicians or in the media?
I am ONLY going to write about what I see in NYC NOW with the Black-Americans of the ghettos. It is 2013, how long are B/A going to continue posing as victims, and cries of self-entitlement? No other state offers poor people more than NYC DOES. So instead of selling drugs, making 20 babies per day, and hitting little-old ladies over the head, , they can attend school and become self-sufficient paid by the City of NY. It is time to let go of the slavery issue. It is past-tense they need to move forward, and as long as they continue with the slavery issue, they themselves become slaves all over again.

The Jewish people were outcasts and many were killed and burned by the Germans, but when they arrived at Ellis Island, in NYC, soon they became entrepreneurs selling food in the streets, opening up stores galore. They let go of what happened in Germany, and today, they are the most prosperous, influential groups in NYC and the world. And the Blacks can do even more than that, if they apply themselves to it. Yes, there are many successful Blacks in NYC, but the ones caught up in the ghettos are going nowhere in 2013. This is their country, this is their language, and they are no longer slaves...NO EXCUSE...

Old 02-02-2013, 09:23 PM

726 posts, read 1,229,381 times
I think thats a value judgment, short sighted with lack of surface knowledge. Before you ask a question like that you should try to figure out the answer on your own, then if you are at a total loss ask.
It justs looks like your taking a cheap way out of a collage course final.

Native Americans are also not known to marry.....Why? find out.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:28 PM

726 posts, read 1,229,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlemomiscool View Post
I’m not just making this up. Seventy-three percent of black children are born out of wedlock. WAIT.
OH MY GEEZUS AND WHAT THE CUSS!! EIGHTY PERCENT OF BLACK CHILDREN ARE BORN OUT-OF-WEDLOCK!! This is according to a story in USA Today, dated April 11, 2012. Take a gander at the stark differences, and YOU tell ME which group is faring better educationally and economically:
"About 80% of first children born to black women were outside of marriage; 18% of these women were cohabiting. Among Hispanics, 53% of first children were born outside of marriage, and 30% of the women were cohabiting. Among white women, 34% of first children were born outside of marriage, 20% to cohabiters. Among Asians, 13% of first children were born outside of marriage; 7% of women were cohabiting."
Compare that with, oh ... ANYONE else, and you see we lead the pack. (After No Wedding No Womb, you’d have to be living inside a crevice and a stone not to know my take on this. Getting pregnant doesn’t “just happen” and no man’s penis trips and falls into a woman’s vagina.)
Where’s the black church on this issue? No outrage? Oh. They’re too busy co-signing the beating and choking of 15 year-old girls.
I’m going to get a little personal here. A month before my wedding, The Hubster and I were ... uh ... ”coloring,” and I said “Hey, why not let it slide with the condoms? We’re getting married in 27 days.” He flat out told me “No. I won’t risk it. You’ve already proven your fertility with Maxi Me, and I want to be sure that ALL my kids are born after your ring is on.” Welp; guess he told me. It was a good thing, too, because my husband can just blow in my ear and I get knocked up.
Because I know the parents of the groom, I know that they were just a teenie, tiny, eensie, weensie bit nervous about having a black daughter-in-law, but you know what helped a lot? Them knowing our family, and seeing that we were just like everyone else, except I’m chocolate and my husband is vanilla. His parents were also willing to grow and learn, and even bought a copy of SWIRLING: How to Date, Mate and Relate, Mixing Race, Culture and Creed so they could better understand the bride’s cultural experiences. Bottom line though, she was pregnant, and they were going to support their son legitimizing his child.
Unfortunately, I’ve seen a lot of the opposite going on in the black community, with black mothers front and center petting and protecting their sons, telling them they better not marry that tramp, because the baby might not even be theirs, blah blah blah. But in their defense, most of those mothers got pregnant without being married, so telling their sons not to marry women with whom they have impregnated is as natural as a puppy piddling on your Persian rug. I wonder though…might this resistance be only because marriage then children is so foreign, or something else, like jealously toward the girl, because the son deems her worthy of marriage while the mother didn’t have such an experience?
So

So where does your user name fit in here? I question if this laget

Old 02-02-2013, 09:31 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespiritbty View Post
Keep reaching and projecting. My goodness you are desperate. I'll reiterate one more time, dumb font: your comparison of Africans and Caribbeans vs black true Americans isn't comparable. Black Americans do not aspire to be third worlders and marriages. Work on your pressed issues since your time wasting efforts of posting videos of third world weddings as if that was proof, lmbo. I wasn't impressed and you proved my point with your idiotic and transparent responses, lol. No ones aspires to be those people, especially since their counties are in disarray. Lastly, just like latina7 & the other racists in this thread and on issues regarding black community, your opinion is invalid, and regarded as trash like the other racists. Your kind you love to brag, but leeches of the black community when your kind immigrates to America. Jealous? of the likes of third world immigrants and descendants? never. I've no need to immigrate to Africa and the Caribbean for a better life.
I'll just repost. Clearly you have an inferiority complex. No one is making the comparisons that you are stating...try to get a handle on your anger and jealousy.

1. My first comparison was of African/African descended immigrant to Hispanic immigrants to address the comments by Latina7.

2. The next comparison was of Africans to African descents in the Caribbean, Latin American and the United States. That is in order to show the breakdown likely based on experiences of African descendants in the West over the generations. It's not just the African-American community that has had difficulties in this area. You all are NOT the only ethnic group in the diaspora. Once you grasp that you won't make foolish assumptions about what people are comparing or implying.

3. No one is bragging but rather appreciating. You seem angry that other people are coming to the U.S. and achieving. Once again, learn to read and comprehend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates