Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 06:29 PM

1 posts, read 6,283 times

Advertisements

I would'nt called this a reply. I have been in Chatsworth,GA for nine years but spend the majority of my free time in Dalton.This year is the worst that I have seen it be-economically speaking. I have been searching for a job for several months and have not been able to get one. I have found several openings but I do not have carpet mill experience except for lift truck and that is only a couple of months- so,to the know it all that knows where and how one gets a job, please que me in. I cannot afford to work for 6,7,8.00 an hour because I am the head of household. I do not have anything against the hispanics working-I am all for anyone trying to better their life but the majority of them, have several people residing in the same house-I don't.As far as Chattanooga,I don't know anyone there but if someone can tell me where to go to obtain a decent wage paying job then I am on it-I am all so ready to relocate.No decent paying jobs and I have only had 3 dates since being in this area in 9 years. So can anyone please help me out. I am a female and I would like to change my field of employment which is OTR Truck Driver.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:57 PM

1 posts, read 6,142 times
Grew up in Atlanta and moved around the South. Moved to Dalton 8 years ago and found it a welcoming place. Great place to raise a family, lots of recreaional activities. Church is big, and a great way to assimilate into Dalton culture. Chattanooga is a nice place to visit (25-30 mintes away), but I'd prefer Dalton.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 6,061 times
Exclamation life in dalton, ga

HONESTY....OK

I HAVE LIVED IN DALTON, GA . AREA FOR ABOUT 3 DECADES
IT WAS A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE, RAISE CHILDREN
BUT... IN THE LAST 15-20 YEARS WITH THE OVER POPULATION OUT OFFICIALS HAVE ALOUD TO MOVE IN AND TAKE OVER... YOU CANNOT GET A JOB WITHOUT SPEAKING ANOTHER COUNTRIES LAUNGUAGE... ALL THE LOW RENTALS ARE NOW FILLED WITH GANGS , UNLESS YOU ARE FORIEGN OR RICH THERE IS NO WAY OF MAKING IT IN THIS AREA... THERE IS NOW A THING GOING ON THAT SOME CALL WHITE FLIGHT... GO TO ANY HEALTH DEPT. , REC DEPT. , FLEE MARKET, WALMART, JOB MARKET, HUMAN SERV. DEPT OF ANT JOB OR ANY HUMAN SERV. YOU GET LAUGHED AT FOR NOT SPEAKING OR BEING OF A FORIEGN PERSON...

AND THE OFFICIALS ALL BURY THERE HEAD IN THE SAND.... MOST WREAKS ARE BECAUSE OF THOSE WHO DO NOT READ OR WRITE ENGISH...
IE: ONE WAY, DO NOT ENTER, ETC. HELLO DANGEROUS....

THE SCHOOLS OH MY GOSH... UNREEL
MY CHILDREN WHO'S PARENTS PAY THE SCHOOL Taxes....
they get made fun of by the other kids for they are now the minority
the rules in school evidently ... two of them
my kids can get hit ...but not protect themselves
the schools all seem more afraid of making the illegals mad than do what there paid to do...

there are special loans for the illegals of all types , schools, buissness, homes, cars and then we wonder what happen to our economy....
it they lose there home, job, etc. they can go back home...

use to if you lost a job here you could have you pick of good jobs ...now you couldnt buy one...

I would never reccomand to any good american family to move here you might not find a way out ...

I have owned my home and land here for 15 years in dalton, and 14 in chatsworth...

so the changes I have seen ...sad ... home should come first

oh and the census...please our schools are aprox 95 percent spanish....hello

Last edited by wilson64; 10-08-2008 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: forgot to make reply about census

Old 10-23-2008, 10:44 AM

2 posts, read 13,494 times
I have lived in the dalton area since I was fourteen years old I am now twenty three years old. Upon moving to dalton the first thing that happened is I was kidnaped and raped in front of a major highway, there were people driving by as I was being kidnaped by two hispanic males with a gun. That says enough about the turn my head attitude here. Recently my daughter started school, we wanted to put her into a public school but after the hispanic teachers attitude torwards my child, myself and my mexican husband you could not pay me to use that school system. The only reason I have ever been called for an interview is because my last name is hispanic, once the latino interviewing me saw white skin there were suddenly no positions available and they would call as soon as there were. Right now I am seperated from my husband and I am looking to move to Chattanooga to live with my mother, hopefully the living situation will be much better.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 5,898 times
It's pretty sad knowing that in the year 2008 we still have so much racisim, people be more realistic and quit blaming all your problems on the hispanic population, there is bad in all races. Would you get up early in the morning to work in a farm, crops, under the HOT sun to only get paid $20.00 a day? I sure wont, would you work cleaning houses or dirty bathrooms for $6.00 and hr. I sure wont. So stop putting blame on other people. Lady I'm sorry that you were raped and kidnapped by Hispanics I was raped by my own race "White" and I'm not blaming my race, so get over it. Theres bad in all races.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:42 PM

4 posts, read 24,555 times
Default Carpet DUDE

there aint **** wrong with dalton. yea those rednecks that gives us the bad reputations and ****. most of my friends are mexicans and one of my friends walked up to me one day and said i looked racist just cuz i cut my hair. that pissed me off more than anything. yes we have a bad gang problem and i go to dalton high school and i used to live in the middle of the tracks on selvidge st if anyone knows where that is. the reason mr carpet dude doesnt see white people gettin on our school buses is because he dont look. i see whit people getting on the bus all the time. Yes we have a play ground at the high school but just cause a few teenagers have kids in high school doesnt mean every kid at dalton has had sex. so you better choose your words wisely. yes dalton is very pretty and historicle. but there is a few places i wouldnt take small children but i would go my self. half my friends are in gangs and they wont mess with you if u dont **** with them first.
i just got off 8 months probation because of my friends.
but not all of dalton or every person in dalton is bad. so dont make it out to be so bad if you know what it is. ok?

Old 05-31-2009, 06:46 PM

4 posts, read 24,555 times
ashley35
would you work cleaning houses or dirty bathrooms for $6.00 and hr.

My mom works at a convenient store for 7.00 an hour and yea she gets 40 hrs. But my aunt works at panerra bread i dont remember how much she makes but she only gets 20- hours so dont complain

Old 06-28-2009, 02:55 PM

14 posts, read 49,974 times
well first off:
1. ztc1234- you are not helping the cause with your poor grammar which makes the stereotypes of this area seem even more true (sry ztc but im a MC'n and we country boys don't get to haggle you city boys that much so we have to take every chance we get)
2. the person stated they wouldnt work for 6-10 dollars a hour because they couldnt support their family on that---well what the hell are you supporting them on right now with NO income?? in tough economic times like this, ppl need to stop being so picky and take what you can get because you can bet your bottom dollar if i needed a job right now and someone wanted to hire me, id take that job no matter what the pay cause its better than nothing.
3. anyone moving to the dalton area should come and see how they like it themselves. afterall if person A has a bad experience, it doesnt mean person B will-everyone is different.
4. yeah we have dumb rednecks all over the place, but we also have those of us "rednecks" who may be country, but we show a touch of class/intelligence. you are going to have dumb people everywhere whether its dumb rednecks or dumb city folk
5. race?-?- anyone who uses race as a factor for bad-mouthing the dalton area is just plain dumb. At least these hard-working, mostly decent ppl are trying to make better for themselves and their families without the attitude that they are "too-good" for certain jobs

Old 07-03-2009, 11:10 AM

3,646 posts, read 5,421,908 times
Live in Chattanooga.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:17 AM

2 posts, read 7,702 times
I myself live close to Dalton and think it is a great city but as in other cities, there is always some thing to complain about! I live in Rocky Face, Ga which is about 10-15 minutes from Dalton and I love it! Much nicer than the city! Most of the land is country land but there are much nicer neighborhoods out this way! I suggest Rocky Face as an alternative to Dalton! All cities have the downside, even Chattanooga! I suggest Dalton!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia