Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 06:21 PM

2 posts, read 3,391 times

Advertisements

Looking to plant a Non-Denominational church in LaGrange. I need to meet some people who I can network with, and begin a small Bible Study group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 12:24 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,865,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenone958 View Post
Looking to plant a Non-Denominational church in LaGrange. I need to meet some people who I can network with, and begin a small Bible Study group.
I don't know where you are from or your theological leanings, but you will find the old bible belt mentality in this corner of the south but with declining attendance among the younger generations. Growing up in the area, almost every single person I went to school with went to church somewhere. Such is not the case now. I would target people who are disenfranchised from church as opposed to people who are totally unchurched. Almost everyone will have a background in the church (mostly Baptist, Methodist or pentecostal) but have left or rarely attend for any number of reasons.

Will pray for the Lord to bless your start up.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:46 AM

2 posts, read 3,391 times
Thank you very much for your reply, and the insight. My plan is to actually target those who have fallen away from church, and those who simply do not go because the old school way of church does not fit what they are looking for in worship. Do you know of some good target areas where I could start?

Old 12-30-2012, 10:50 PM

Gosh, been away too long.... I have a nephew that is working at the hospital and completing a nursing degree at LaGrange College, his wife works at Starbucks... not sure where they are going to church. Will ask him for some insight.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,388 times
Hi, I am planing to come Lagrange GA this week. this is my First trip to US. could please suggest somebody about Indian groceries, Indian community in Lagrange GA. And how to get a rented house.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:33 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,657,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satya from Hyderabad View Post
Hi, I am planing to come Lagrange GA this week. this is my First trip to US. could please suggest somebody about Indian groceries, Indian community in Lagrange GA. And how to get a rented house.
Not sure in Lagrange but you should find that down in Columbus.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:02 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,423,827 times
My wife went to college there and said she's not aware of any Indian community. Can't help on groceries as I don't know what's different between here and there but there are no Indian specific grocery stores.

As for renting a House (stand alone property), you'll spend a little more money but have a quicker experience if you go through a property management company. https://www.google.com/search?q=lagr...rty+management

Good luck.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya from Hyderabad View Post
When I was in the area back in March, I met a nice Indian couple running one of the service stations on US 29 in Hogansville (that is the original 2 lane road that connected Hogansville and LaGrange before the Interstate came thru in the 70s). Prior to that I could not tell you of any Asians in Hogansville. Now, Hogansville is a small mill town of 3k where LaGrange is the county seat of 30k, so there may be more in LaGrange now than before. There are a lot of Koreans in the area now that Kia has opened a manufacturing facility just south of LaGrange.

Growing up in this part of Georgia, the only racial/ethnic mix you saw was white/African American. There has been quite an influx of hispanics since then and as I mentioned above, Koreans connected with the Kia factory... and several suppliers to Kia. There are other foreign owned industries in LaGrange that have brought in a more diverse group, but this area will not have a large Indian community. Would have to go into Atlanta to find that.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,210 times
Moved from charlotte to LaGrange and i never been so bord in my life why in the world would someone waste there life here . I cant wait to leave this terrible place once and for all .

Old 12-10-2014, 08:27 AM

10 posts, read 11,870 times
Hi! I'm moving to LaGrange in a month or so and was looking for a little realty advice!

I'll have about a month while I'm there to house hunt and figure out the area, but in the past that hasn't been long enough for me to really figure it out a new place! It takes at least that long to meet people! I feel like I've read all the lagrange threads and none have really answered my questions.

I am for sure moving there, so no need to hammer the hate on lagrange, just the positives! I would like to live in an established area, older homes, and love that lagrange has those options that are so close to it's cute downtown area! I'm married in my late twenties with a 1 year old, so living where other young families live would be a huge plus! Any thoughts?

Also, any insider info about living in lagrange would be so helpful!!

Thank you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia