Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2006, 09:34 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpiesMagpiesMagpies View Post
There's a lot of talk on this forum about the best places to live. How 'bout we take a different trajectory and shout out the worst places that this great big country of ours has to offer. Don't just give names, say why they suck!

So let's have it -- how many armpits does this country have anyway?

Magpies
Dania Beach Fl- asisted living facilities where the owner gives street drugs to the patients- and the state of fl refused to intervene

Oakland Park, Fl- homeless ran over by tourists in their Rolls

Erwin, Tennessee- They tortured and hanged a circus elephant in brutal fashion (sometime in the 1940's)

Slidell, Louisiana- people live in mudshacks the size of a cubicle-in America.

Hazard, Kentucky- lets just say- do not get stuck there-

Flint, Michigan- nothing there

Hempstead NY- urban sprawl

Queens NY- too much to list. And tenements sell for 6-700k.

Opa Locka Florida- laundromats selling drugs.

Pitkin Ave, Brooklyn NY- cracktown

North Miami- shootings on nightly basis where my husband worked as store manager for Home Depot.

interesting list- bet there's alot more!

Old 12-11-2006, 05:26 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,480,739 times
another vote for crummiest town....(barely slipped my mind)

Hart, West Virginia-a "kissing cousins" town!

Old 12-11-2006, 08:03 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,788,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena
North Miami- shootings on nightly basis where my husband worked as store manager for Home Depot.
???!!! I assume you mean NW?! NE is nice!!!
Was this a long time ago maybe?

Old 12-12-2006, 10:42 AM

612 posts, read 2,778,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Dania Beach Fl- asisted living facilities where the owner gives street drugs to the patients- and the state of fl refused to intervene

Oakland Park, Fl- homeless ran over by tourists in their Rolls

Erwin, Tennessee- They tortured and hanged a circus elephant in brutal fashion (sometime in the 1940's)

Slidell, Louisiana- people live in mudshacks the size of a cubicle-in America.

Hazard, Kentucky- lets just say- do not get stuck there-

Flint, Michigan- nothing there

Hempstead NY- urban sprawl

Queens NY- too much to list. And tenements sell for 6-700k.

Opa Locka Florida- laundromats selling drugs.

Pitkin Ave, Brooklyn NY- cracktown

interesting list- bet there's alot more!

LMBO! Opa Locka is the pits! When I lived in Miami I didn't go west of 95, ever. Well, after the first time.

Are you talking about the Home Depot on 163rd Street? I used to be in that store all the time. I lived on 140th and Biscayne six years ago. Small world.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:48 AM

Exclamation lol-opa locka

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlh891 View Post
LMBO! Opa Locka is the pits! When I lived in Miami I didn't go west of 95, ever. Well, after the first time.

Are you talking about the Home Depot on 163rd Street? I used to be in that store all the time. I lived on 140th and Biscayne six years ago. Small world.
Yes-dlh- I forgot lovely 163rd St----sometimes I used to drive there at night to pick him up from work (we were in Bay Harbor) and 163rd would be filled with cops/yellow crime scene tape. Did you move?

Elfyum- glad you are enjoying Miami- really party out! If I were single I'd probably still like it.

sunny

Old 12-12-2006, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Yes-dlh- I forgot lovely 163rd St----sometimes I used to drive there at night to pick him up from work (we were in Bay Harbor) and 163rd would be filled with cops/yellow crime scene tape. Did you move?

Elfyum- glad you are enjoying Miami- really party out! If I were single I'd probably still like it.

sunny
163rd Street was a scary country wasn't it? It was very nice where I lived on the street north of where the city would put up all the decorations and cars and buses would block my little neighborhood the whole month of December!

We moved in 2001 to Tampa and just moved to Atlanta recently. Thanks Florida real estate for lining my pockets so I can really enjoy Atlanta, lol!

Old 12-12-2006, 10:57 AM

BTW, my MIL lives in Liberty City and REFUSES to move out of that hole.

I constantly see her neighborhood on The First 48 tv show.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:06 AM

Default areas have changed-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlh891 View Post
BTW, my MIL lives in Liberty City and REFUSES to move out of that hole.

I constantly see her neighborhood on The First 48 tv show.
wow- you know I bet in the 50's those area were nice- I went to Barry Univ- used to drive through Sans Souci, etc- It is fun to remember the area- this was 99-2000- Liberty City is scary---why does she stay? if you have family there, that's a reason I guess- but most people don't-lol

In the late 80's Ft Lauderdale looked clean- a nice place- now it reminds me of Venice Beach-lol.

sunny

Old 12-12-2006, 11:19 AM

Quote:
wow- you know I bet in the 50's those area were nice- I went to Barry Univ- used to drive through Sans Souci, etc- It is fun to remember the area- this was 99-2000- Liberty City is scary---why does she stay? if you have family there, that's a reason I guess- but most people don't-lol

In the late 80's Ft Lauderdale looked clean- a nice place- now it reminds me of Venice Beach-lol.

sunny
Heck no, that's not my family that's my husbands, eeeks.

She lives in Liberty City because she doesn't work, she hustles for a living. I don't think she knows any other way of life although we try to help.

My family is the complete opposite, white, republican, lives down the road from NY governor Pataki. I hope the both never meet! Ha ha

Old 12-12-2006, 12:01 PM

Keith Olbermann/news view awarded Florida for proving the most twisted and crazy national news . Something is always happening there!!!!!!

sunny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.