Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 07:22 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,541,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Seems accurate...Philly's on there
philly sucks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 07:43 PM

915 posts, read 3,181,411 times
NYC, Chicago shouldnt be up there

Old 02-07-2008, 07:45 PM

915 posts, read 3,181,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
MY LIST (in no order)

1. Detroit (dead Rust Belt)
2. Cleveland (dead Rust Belt)
3. Baltimore (dying Rust Belt)
4. Philadelphia (dying Rust Belt)
5. Pittsburgh (dead Rust Belt)
6. Minneapolis/St. Paul (subzero winters ain't my thing...)
7. El Paso (practically part of Mexico)
8. Miami (Third World banana republic)
9. Tie between every single city in New Jersey
10. Los Angeles (another Third World banana republic)
You all can ignored his posts anyway...he is already made up his mind to move to Raleigh.....since he said he hated growth and city

Old 02-07-2008, 08:24 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,219,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myselfdotcom View Post
NYC, Chicago shouldnt be up there
Neither should Philadelphia or LA but then the writers would eliminate the 4 biggest metroes in the country from caring about their stupid list, and they wouldnt want that now would they?

lol at the Muts^ fan taking a shot at Philly. What was it 9 games in row that the Phils beat the Mutts? NY blew a 7 game lead with 13 games to play.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:28 PM

515 posts, read 2,324,077 times
Quote:
I grew up for the most part in somewhat of a miserable town in central NJ so there's some basis to that.
I grew up in a beautiful town in central Jersey (Westfield) - there is no basis for saying it's all bad. And this is coming from someone who is moving out of Jersey for good in a few months, and I can't wait.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:49 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,290,595 times
The list is meant to show your miserable life if you don't have money, if you have money life won't be nearly as 'miserable' by their criteria no matter where you live... In fact... the poorer the city is the more Rich people seem to be happy, has anyone noticed that? Don't crap in your pants if your city is on the list because its probably best in something else, and anyways my city is never worst or best in anything which annoys me more... actually were worst in somethings...We all hear all this great stuff about NYC, Chicago, and LA... so they're ranked high, I could've told you they were going to be, we hear great stuff so maybe it time we hear some negativity, when we talk about these cities like that we raise the expectation of when people move or visit so if something goes wrong then people's mind's get shattered. Might as well be honest so they're prepared. Tell them all the good stuff and then one thing goes wrong and they say it is a disaster...tell them some of the bad stuff the only see some of it and then magically it is 'better then they expected'... its all reputation, don't hold any city like it is perfect because then people will get disappointed...but don't say all the negative either... I'm actually Surprised DFW or Houston didn't make the to 10 list...I'm sure were not far behind though...

Old 02-07-2008, 10:35 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,389,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Well every state has some bad cities, but you can't generalize every city in a whole city.
Meh. I grew up in South Carolina. People generalize about SC all day long. I've learned to ignore it. It's not so hard.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:46 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,476,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
philly sucks
Thank you!

Old 02-08-2008, 07:48 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,476,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
The list is meant to show your miserable life if you don't have money, if you have money life won't be nearly as 'miserable' by their criteria no matter where you live... In fact... the poorer the city is the more Rich people seem to be happy, has anyone noticed that?
Well said!

Old 02-08-2008, 10:35 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,541,261 times
Quote:
Thank you!
you're welcome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.